Thread: Yoshinori Kitase says an FFVI Rmake would take 20 years to make

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Relm Yoshinori Kitase says an FFVI Rmake would take 20 years to make

With all the hype surrounding FFVII Rebirth and the success of the Pixel Remasters in the last few years, we always inevitably get around to asking someone at SE if FFV or VI will ever see a proper remake.

YouTuber Julien Chièze, in an interview with Kitase about FFVII Rebirth, asked him about the prospects of seeing one anytime soon, and Kitase said such an undertaking would be massive due to the 14 playable characters, and would like take 20 years to do so. Though it's also revealed hat Kitase has been pushing for the idea. So who knows.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I call bull. It doesn't have to be an action game. You do not need to design a unique play style for all 14 characters. It could be an updated take on a turned based RPG, like a FFX-2. You can world map it like FFXVI to avoid designing a seamless gigantic world. You could even make the optional characters DLC to really go for the corporate money grab. This game lends itself well for a two game set, with very distinct first and second halves. Could even make part 2 a very mission based game given the open world nature of it. This is totally doable SE! Put me in charge.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My guess is that Kitase was thinking a FFVII Remake level style remake, when the reality is that I think most fans would be cool with a Trials of Mana style remake with more cartoony graphics.

We already have a perfect way to handle an FF VI Remake.

Get Aquire to handle the graphics and remake it with the 2D HD style of Octopath. Mechanics you wouldn't have to do much to, just fix some oddities and give us an accurate version of the script, and we are good to go.

No need to do some AAA budget.