Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: That Bloke in the Pipe [SPOILERS]

i believed that he was refering to vincent (the first time i got there he wasn't on my party) but i got there with vincent and he cloud says that again...
    if any of you know what is he talking about, haganme el favor (do me the favor) to tell me (and the others, obviously)

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

HOW DID THIS THREAD GET THIS FAR?!

When you think about it...does it realy matter? NO! It is not that important! I respect all of your interests and discusions about this game but REALLY THINK about what you are debating about!

Once again, I'm not saying it's true. I'm saying it's possible, therefore could be used for fanfic opportunities. If they find error in that which I can't cast aside, they're quite welcome to tell me about it.

For love and peace....

Originally posted by radyk05
    i believed that he was refering to vincent (the first time i got there he wasn't on my party) but i got there with vincent and he cloud says that again...
    if any of you know what is he talking about, haganme el favor (do me the favor) to tell me (and the others, obviously)
    Dark Rey told you, he was referring to the missing cannon in Junon

Dak Rey

thats Dak Rey, Grimaldos.

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

radyk05:
    "i feel we are forgeting something (or someone, i don't remember)"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

He Says "Someone".......

I always thought this refered to Aries......And I still Do!!

Something. Not someone. Something.
    [The death of God left the angels in a strange position]

I give this discussion an "A" for members randomly pulling points out of their asses and making it look like steak dinner. Good job Kish, Wolfwood, and everyone else involved.

My two cents is that in theory, the man in the pipe could be one of the men in black cloaks in Nibelheim. Cloud doesn't read ALL of their numbers, so one of them could very well be #1.

Default This ends NOW. ...I said, as if I had any authority on the subject whatsoever

Originally posted by Nicholas D. Wolfwood
    once again, Zack isn't any ordinary human. He easily survived a hit from sephiroth,
    I wouldn't say he "easily" did anything. After being thrown back about 50 feet into the ceiling, which he bounced off, he can barely speak to Cloud.

Vinnie obviously has Jenova cells in him.
    If by "obviously" you mean "its conceivable, sort of" then yes, its quite obvious. At no point does it say he was, in fact, injected with Jenova cells. Hojo did something to him, but it never even mentions Jenova. In fact, if you just decide not to go into his room, he'll never do anything involving the Reunion or anything else for that matter. He'll just lay there sleepin' away.

A helluva lot, too. That's what triggers his limit break transformations.
    When do any of the other Jenova infectees turn into crazy monsters? I didn't see any clones, or SOLDIERs, or anyone do that. Well, Hojo turned into something, but it was more of a mutation(I don't think he would've turned back after melding with those two monsters, which is the only time he transformed in the first place).

And if he just sat there "sleeping" in a coffin for all of Sephiroth's lifetime, but doesn't look like an old man, it's obvious that he was either dead, or constantly reconstructed by the jenova cells in him.
    I'm gonna go with "he doesn't age because Hojo injected him with God knows what".

If they can keep that guy unchanged for that long, they sure as hell can reconstruct Zack after he's taken several bullets damage.
    Vincent was shot ONCE, by a PISTOL. Zack was shot over in over in the torso(or maybe even the head) by a machine gun, at point blank range.

Remember, he hasn't completely recovered when you see him.
    He must be so damaged that his own girlfriend doesn't recognize him. Wow.

he's still got a very similar syndrome to that which cloud had after the mako poisoning. That could be due to the intense amount of jenova activity in his body trying to repair him, which likely could have been going on within Cloud when he got "mako poisoning". As for Vincent not being called to the reunion, he WAS called. When Cloud first tells him their whole story with sephiroth, vincent just wants to go back to sleep, and says something along the lines of "more nightmares will come to me now". And according to him, he deserves the nightmares. But when they leave the basement, he just goes and joins them without gathering any information further than what they'd already told him. His motives for changing his mind weren't made clear, at least not that I remember. So it's quite possible that the Jenova cells in him subconsciously made him join them.
    The group mentions Sephiroth, who Vincent knows is the son of Hojo. You know, Hojo. The guy who injected Vincent's love with Jenova, completely destroyed her body, then shot Vincent and turned him into a freak.

Originally posted by Nemesis the Warlock
    and the bloke in the pipe definitely has a head. Barrett would have pointed it out otherwise.
    This isn't revelant to the issue, but I'd just like to say that was fuggin' hilarious.

But anyway, yes, I guess we could assume the man is Zack...if Zack became a Jenova clone somehow, and his face was drastically altered through the apparent super healing powers the Jenova cells gave him and none of the other clones, and they decided to let him live but give his living existence no relevance to any of the entire game beyond that. So, yes, Zack may be the man in the pipe. Cloud could also secretly be Sephiroth's half-brother. Except it wouldn't be relevant to the plot in any way at all(Considering its never brought up, much like this Zack theory), so its NOT LIKELY.
    Last edited by Dr. Disco; 05-18-2002 at 04:14 AM.

Thank you Dr. Disco, thank you...thank you.
    Also (as I said not very clearly in an earlier post) if Jenova cells can heal all of Zack's vital organs. Then how come an entire body made solely of Jenova cells is relatively weak. When it's destroyed, it doesn't rebuild its body, does it?

Perhaps more to the point, if Sephiroth, who had the most Jenova in him of all, needed five years in the mako-crystals of North Crater to rebuild his body - and *still* hadn't finished his legs even then - after falling into the Nibelheim pit, then how come Zack - theoretically assuming he was the man in the pipe, like hell - could rebuild himself so quickly and so well, and yet not get recognised by Aeris?
    [The death of God left the angels in a strange position]

Disco, I laughed out loud at the Barret comment too. I don't usually laugh at stuff on the internet.

Default Re: This ends NOW. ...I said, as if I had any authority on the subject whatsoever

Originally posted by Dr. Disco

I wouldn't say he "easily" did anything. After being thrown back about 50 feet into the ceiling, which he bounced off, he can barely speak to Cloud.
    It sure seemed easy enough for him to bust out of the jenova tube and kill the scientist guy, then drag cloud out, didn't it?

If by "obviously" you mean "its conceivable, sort of" then yes, its quite obvious. At no point does it say he was, in fact, injected with Jenova cells. Hojo did something to him, but it never even mentions Jenova. In fact, if you just decide not to go into his room, he'll never do anything involving the Reunion or anything else for that matter. He'll just lay there sleepin' away.
    It's obvious because Hojo said he "brought him back", in that letter he left, and because we all know that Hojo is totally and utterly obsessed with Jenova research. As for Vincent in the reunion, it's possible that the Jenova made him move in his sleep toward the northern crater, and your party never sees him.

When do any of the other Jenova infectees turn into crazy monsters? I didn't see any clones, or SOLDIERs, or anyone do that. Well, Hojo turned into something, but it was more of a mutation(I don't think he would've turned back after melding with those two monsters, which is the only time he transformed in the first place).
    Hojo was one, the Jenova arms were others. The ones that become Jenova birth, Jenova life, Jenova death, and Jenova Synthesis. Therefore, we can say that it must take a lot of Jenova cells to turn into a monster.

I'm gonna go with "he doesn't age because Hojo injected him with God knows what".
    And "god knows what" can be assumed as Jenova.

Vincent was shot ONCE, by a PISTOL. Zack was shot over in over in the torso(or maybe even the head) by a machine gun, at point blank range.
    Vincent was DEAD though. Jenova brought him back to life, restoring what was damaged by that one bullet. And like I said, Zack wasn't completely recovered. He took a lot more wounds, so it took a lot longer to heal.

He must be so damaged that his own girlfriend doesn't recognize him. Wow.
    Yes, actually. I further explained that earlier in the topic, go read it.

The group mentions Sephiroth, who Vincent knows is the son of Hojo. You know, Hojo. The guy who injected Vincent's love with Jenova, completely destroyed her body, then shot Vincent and turned him into a freak.
    Vincent doesn't know Hojo is Sephiroth's daddie till the end of the second disc. Take him with you when you raid the SHINRA building, you'll see what I mean when you fight Hojo. Vincent was asleep suffering Nightmares because he thought HE himself was Sephiroth's father, and was feeling guilt for having his own son become some genetics experiment. And even if you were right, it doesn't change the fact that Vincent makes up his mind when you first talk to him, then changes it when you leave.

But anyway, yes, I guess we could assume the man is Zack...if Zack became a Jenova clone somehow, and his face was drastically altered through the apparent super healing powers the Jenova cells gave him and none of the other clones, and they decided to let him live but give his living existence no relevance to any of the entire game beyond that. So, yes, Zack may be the man in the pipe. Cloud could also secretly be Sephiroth's half-brother. Except it wouldn't be relevant to the plot in any way at all(Considering its never brought up, much like this Zack theory), so its NOT LIKELY.
    You really haven't paid attention, have you? I said it plenty of times, I'll say it again. I'm not here saying that he IS. I'm saying that it's possible. That there's no proof saying he isn't. I know it holds no relevance to the plot, and only would come in handy for fanfic ops, but it's possible.

For love and peace....

Faux

*yawn*

Man those are some huge posts!

Default Great, now I'm going to be late

It sure seemed easy enough for him to bust out of the jenova tube and kill the scientist guy, then drag cloud out, didn't it?
    Considering this was five years later, and the Jenova cells had no effect on him anyway, yup, I guess you got me there.

It's obvious because Hojo said he "brought him back", in that letter he left, and because we all know that Hojo is totally and utterly obsessed with Jenova research. As for Vincent in the reunion, it's possible that the Jenova made him move in his sleep toward the northern crater, and your party never sees him.
    I'm no pediatrician, but WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? You can still get Vincent on Disc 3.

Hojo was one, the Jenova arms were others. The ones that become Jenova birth, Jenova life, Jenova death, and Jenova Synthesis. Therefore, we can say that it must take a lot of Jenova cells to turn into a monster.
    1)The Jenova cells didn't turn into random horror movie monsters, they turned into Jenova monsters. Their actual genetics didn't change, it was more like they grew into the Jenova battles. Oh, and I believe Jenova Synthesis was the real Jenova.
    2)Combining with those other two monsters is what got Hojo on his way to mutation.

And "god knows what" can be assumed as Jenova.
    You know what they say about assuming!

Vincent was DEAD though. Jenova brought him back to life, restoring what was damaged by that one bullet. And like I said, Zack wasn't completely recovered. He took a lot more wounds, so it took a lot longer to heal.
    Could you tell me, exactly, where it says Vincent actually died? Here's a little help to get you on your way:IT DOESN'T.

Yes, actually. I further explained that earlier in the topic, go read it.
    Blah.

Vincent doesn't know Hojo is Sephiroth's daddie till the end of the second disc. Take him with you when you raid the SHINRA building, you'll see what I mean when you fight Hojo. Vincent was asleep suffering Nightmares because he thought HE himself was Sephiroth's father, and was feeling guilt for having his own son become some genetics experiment. And even if you were right, it doesn't change the fact that Vincent makes up his mind when you first talk to him, then changes it when you leave.
    That's fair, but keep in mind Hojo still destroyed Lucrecia's life. That would be enough incentive to join Cloud and go after him.

You really haven't paid attention, have you? I said it plenty of times, I'll say it again. I'm not here saying that he IS. I'm saying that it's possible. That there's no proof saying he isn't. I know it holds no relevance to the plot, and only would come in handy for fanfic ops, but it's possible.
    Its possible in the sense that Barret is really the Lord Jesus Christ that got lost in a dimensional warp to go fight the ShinRa in Final Fantasy VII. It doesn't say it in the game, and you never know, but it'd be pretty stupid if he was.