Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: That Bloke in the Pipe [SPOILERS]

I really doubt Red XIII was in those nibelheim containers. Those who were stayed in nibelheim after it was rebuilt. But he does, however, have a tattoo. We don't know that Zack doesn't have one.

Jenova most likely cannot grow back lost heads. Zack doesn't lose his head. Like I said, with the blocky graphics, it could also be interpreted that they shot him in the chest.

Okay, you have a point there. However, that doesn't explain the wooden sound of the coffin lid when it lands. And don't say it's the wall. That's made out of stone.

Maybe it was something else then. But since we know his limit guage isn't empty, we know his limit breaks weren't recently used.

If you're not making this personal, you sure coulda fooled me. That "I'm sick of topics being closed because of you".......hmm.....I can think of ONE topic that was closed that I was arguing in because the other guy flew off the handle and started flaming. Not personal? Why are you complaining about me, and only me then?

For love and peace....

Err, since when did wood go "clang"? Vincent's coffin makes a very audible metal-on-metal noise when it shuts. Not to mention that the coffin is kinda shiny ... considering the light conditions, the materials and how long it's been since it was last polished.
    Wood, last that long, in those conditions? Not a chance. That coffin is *metal*.

As for Zack ... Wolfwood, you're sticking to it and saying it's possible. We're sticking to it and say it isn't. That's it. Accept it: you will never convince everyone. I, for one, cannot see any way in which Zack could have become the pipe clone, and you're going to have to pull out something very special and heretofor hidden to change my mind in the slightest.
    [The death of God left the angels in a strange position]

Dak Rey

well, it is POSSIBLE. but i would say it was a 1/infinity chance. as far as im concerned, he died, but i will give it to you that it could be possible, just not likely, well hardly likely and near impossible, but possible, if you understand what im trying to say, anyway, i hope u r happy nick

Originally posted by Koi Lung Fish
    Err, since when did wood go "clang"? Vincent's coffin makes a very audible metal-on-metal noise when it shuts. Not to mention that the coffin is kinda shiny ... considering the light conditions, the materials and how long it's been since it was last polished.
    Wood, last that long, in those conditions? Not a chance. That coffin is *metal*.

As for Zack ... Wolfwood, you're sticking to it and saying it's possible. We're sticking to it and say it isn't. That's it. Accept it: you will never convince everyone. I, for one, cannot see any way in which Zack could have become the pipe clone, and you're going to have to pull out something very special and heretofor hidden to change my mind in the slightest.
    I don't know what version of the game you're playing, but in mine, it clearly sounds like a hollow wooden "thunk". As for wood lasting that long, it's not like it's sitting out on the back patio. It's in a dry cellar. If those books can survive that long, a wooden coffin can, and supposing it were a moist environment in which wood wouldn't last, like you say, and the coffin were cast iron, wouldn't it rust? I can think of two metals that don't rust. Gold, and stainless steel. Neither of which are black. There may be some other rust resistant metal that I don't know about, I mean, I failed chemistry, but I can assure you that iron would rust.

about Zack: Okay. You don't think it's possible, even after what I've given you, and I do think it's possible, even after what I've given you. But neither of us is right, and neither of us is wrong. However, many of you appear to be acting as if I'm wrong just because my thoughts differ from yours. Note that on the first page of this topic, all I did was say that it's possible the guy in the pipe was zack, and immediately other people said there was no way in hell he was. Thus, the debate started. Am I blaming you? No. But a lot of you seem to be blaming me.

For love and peace....

Guys, I never thought I'd say this, but JESUS CHRIST, let's just stop and think about what we're saying here.
    No, I'm not talking about Zack here. That's practically been settled, and doesn't matter either way.

When the HELL did this Vincent thing come up anyway, and what in God's name has it degenerated to!? We've gone to arguing about Vincent being a Sephiroth clone to the goddamn material his coffin is made out of to the smurfing sound it makes when it pops off.
    This is like the Zack debate, only about 7000 times stupider. Vincent might've just continued sleeping if you hadn't disturbed him, or he might've woken up, gone to the Reunion, came back, and went back to sleep. Most people(Read:me) would say that idea is insane and retarded, but who the hell cares? If there's the slightest chance that it was possible than this debate will never have a right or wrong side, so everyone just STOP POSTING because neither side is going to budge. This is as useless a debate as the "Who is the Sephiroth you follow in Disk 1?" argument, because its never perfectly clear on what happened, and so no one can win.

Funny, I seem to remember that debate being settled a few months ago ...

Originally posted by Koi Lung Fish
    Funny, I seem to remember that debate being settled a few months ago ...
    Or was it?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Default Adding Fuel to the Fire

I personally believe that this if the greatest debate ever. May it never, ever end.

Sarcasm, from Kishi?

Dr Disco: You think otherwise? Well, you know where the "POst New Topic" button is.

Whoa!!!!!!!!

I remember thinking that I would properly only get 1 or 2 replys.
    I come back to a full-scale war on the subject.

I think I've got the point now mind,

Thanks to everyone who made a contribution to it though.

Thanks
    Renzokuken

The road to a Lionheart

Haiwind

I don't know if anyone pointed this out (I was scanning a bit quickly near the end...)

But the guy in the pipe has much darker skin than Zack.

And Zack was killed, because that's the method of storytelling. In stories like Final Fantasy, everything that happens has a meaning and a purpose. The guards shooting his so closely was to put across the point that he was really dead...

And he was recorded as so.

The Sword holder Cloud's sword holder's Avatar

I belive Wolf. First of all, he derserves some apretation for his bravery. Plus, if you go back to that bloke in the pipe, maybe if someone stared long and hard at him/her
    you may just find out what he/she is saying.

Which FFVII Character Are You? I'm Reno!

I have joined forces with Reno to kill Cloud!

Ok, I'm going to finally reply to this thread now that things have cooled off a bit!

For ages I wondered what the significance guy in the pipe was but now that I've thought about it I reckon that he was just put there to introduce the tattoos which then keep popping up throughout the game to make you wonder what the hell they mean until you find out later. That's probably why Red XIII has one as well.

I think if it was Zack then squaresoft would give you a few more clues, I mean you could probably debate that Cid is Yuffie's grandmother if you looked hard enough and read into the game a little too far!

i believe that it is him

I think that it is Zack. cuz (SPOILER) in the game, they said that the man in the pipe wuz found near Midgar. Zack wuz shot near Midgar. The man had a number and so did Sephiroth. And since Cloud was a failure clone, he didnt get a number. Zack must have been a sucess and got a number. Remember he wuz saying "ooooooooo auuuuuuuuuug" well, Cloud made the same noise so maybe when Zack wuz shot he wuznt blasted to pieces, he wuz just shot in the chest and a scientist stumbled upon him, overdosed him wit mako or sumthin and no hes doin what Cloud did in Mideel.

or maybe it's just me.

chaotic neutral

Xmasta, you might have just proved that bloke is not Zack:
    If he was found outside Midgar, it can't have been Zack. If I remember correctly, the grunts carried him off after they shot him. He was not left there, Cloud was (and I'm sure the bloke in the pipe is not Cloud).
    And I don't think the sound "ooooooooo auuuuuuuuuug" helps to identify that person. Besides, Zack doesn't make that sound (or any other sound) after he got pumped full of led. I believe Zack is dead, but I shouldn't say that too loud, before someone tells me how to revive him.