Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: That Bloke in the Pipe [SPOILERS]

Default That Bloke in the Pipe

I know this has come up before but I cant find the thread for it so....

Whats the bloke in the pipe for because he doesnt do anything and he just says "oohhhhhhhhhhhh aaaggggggggg" and thats about it and then he dissaears I know that he has a tatoo but there are no Renion People in that area. Another thing the man in the pipe he has alot of trophies was he at the Golden Saucer or something once.
    i dnt know its just puzzling he's there and then he never comes back again.
    Renzokuken

The road to a Lionheart

It's called 'foreshadowing'.
    [The death of God left the angels in a strange position]

Some people like to believe he's Zack. I say there isn't enough to prove that he is, but then again, there isn't really much to prove that he isn't. And it affords us some great fanfic opportunities.

For love and peace....

I don't think the guy was Zack, because (SPOILER)Zack was turned into a leaky peice of meat due to those Shinra soilders. I don't see how Zack could possibly of survived that.

(SPOILER)He took a hit from sephiroth (which tossed him out of the room and way the hell down the stairs), so what's to say he couldn't survive a few bullets? You see people get shot in battle and stay standing. They'd shot Zack earlier, then he went and you heard fighting, then he came back, and got shot again. He was injured, definitely. But it's possible that he stayed alive.

For love and peace....

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Um.

(SPOILER) Zack didn't just "take a few bullets." He was caught by surprise with the first spurt and fell. Then one soldier walked up to his body and quite literally filled it with lead. Zack died.

(SPOILER)once again, Zack isn't any ordinary human. He easily survived a hit from sephiroth, and had MORE jenova cells added to him afterward. If jenova cells can bring Vincent back to life, it's conceivable that they kept Zack alive, but unconscious. Afterall, they didn't even bother to check if he was dead. They sure as hell didn't check cloud.

For love and peace....

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I'm adding a spoiler warning to the title of this thread, so every post doesn't need to be invisible.

Jenova cells didn't bring Vincent back to life. He was only shot once, and we don't know where exactly, or whether or not it was a fatal wound or not. Furthermore, I doubt that he had any Jenova injected into him, because he was not drawn toward the Northern Cave during Reunion. If Cloud & co. had not disturbed his rest, he probably never would have awoken.

Vincent notwithstanding, Zack's as dead as a doornail. He wasn't just shot. He recieved a ten-second sustained burst from an automatic machine gun at point-blank range.

That's not shot.
    That's mincemeat.

Vinnie obviously has Jenova cells in him. A helluva lot, too. That's what triggers his limit break transformations. And if he just sat there "sleeping" in a coffin for all of Sephiroth's lifetime, but doesn't look like an old man, it's obvious that he was either dead, or constantly reconstructed by the jenova cells in him. If they can keep that guy unchanged for that long, they sure as hell can reconstruct Zack after he's taken several bullets damage. Remember, he hasn't completely recovered when you see him. he's still got a very similar syndrome to that which cloud had after the mako poisoning. That could be due to the intense amount of jenova activity in his body trying to repair him, which likely could have been going on within Cloud when he got "mako poisoning". As for Vincent not being called to the reunion, he WAS called. When Cloud first tells him their whole story with sephiroth, vincent just wants to go back to sleep, and says something along the lines of "more nightmares will come to me now". And according to him, he deserves the nightmares. But when they leave the basement, he just goes and joins them without gathering any information further than what they'd already told him. His motives for changing his mind weren't made clear, at least not that I remember. So it's quite possible that the Jenova cells in him subconsciously made him join them.

For love and peace....

That does makes sense, and it serves to cover why Vinney decided to join the party with seemingly little explination, if any.

Dak Rey

that bloke in the pipe cant be zack or aeris would recognise him

Please, remember, Zack took a burst from an automatic machine gun, in the head, at point blank range. That means that his head is splattered across that cliff near Midgar.

If Jenova cells can't rebuild Vincent's arm, they sure as hell can't rebuild Zacks brain and head. Even if you disregard Vincent, Jenny couldn't rebuild her own head, so I doubt the Jenova cells in Zack could.
    E - F - L - I

Furthermore, Hojo's notes indicated Zack had little or no response to the Jenova cells, as opposed to Cloud who had a strong reaction to the Jenova. Vincent really is irrelevant in this discussion; we simply have no idea what was done to him, and cannot consdier him a model for the standard Jenova infectee, considering the presence of third-party genetic strands in his nucleii.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dak Rey has a point. If you went there with Aeris, she would have recognized him.

Somebody in the streets of the slums says that he's horribly sick (or something like that).

I always thought it was a fetch quest that Square ripped out, and just left the character there.