Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RM2K thread *@______@*

You explained it correctly. If a scripted movement is getting cut off, you need to put a wait command after the move command. It will take some trial and error to get the proper amount of wait time though.

Spiff: Here's a clear cut way

1) go into the correct password fork
    2) add the event "Change variable"
    3) select a new variable and name it
    4) increment the variable by one (i.e. have it on set and 1)
    5) go to the door event
    6) click create new page
    7) check the variable check box and select the new variable and set the value to 1
    8) make sure that it's representing a blank space
    9) add any teleportation if nessecary

This variable can be reused for future events in the dungeon (I recomend having one of these variables for each dungeon you do.) You can make anyone disapear this way.
    Do the la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lalaaa-laa-lada!

Everything you wanted to know about my RPGs and more.

Thanks Hootenanny, that solved MANY things actually.=)
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Another thing to watch out for when using the 'move event' command is to make sure that the characters aren't moving faster than they should be. If they are, it sometimes looks like the only do the last movement, when really they did em all, but so fast you couldn't see it. Heh. Had that happen to me a couple times.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

This is unrelated to technical help, but can anyone give me some good sites to go to for RM2k stuff. Most of the links I used to have are dead as a doornail.

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Just look for links and stuff on any RM2K site you can find with google xD There's ALOT of stuff out there.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My RM2k has gotten really glitchey -_-
    I set an enemy's HP to 500, and it dies after about 3 hits from level 5 unarmed characters. I have no clue what happens. I thought it might have to do with the fact that it's a monster after a transformation, but that doesn't have anything to do with it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it dun work. Help?

Are you sure that you're attacks just are that powerful to defeat it? If not make sure there's nothing going on that inflicts the "normal" status. That's instant death. Next time you're online, I could explain an easy way to do transformations (it does not use that transform function, which is probably what's doing it.)

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The crazy thing is that the characters are unarmed. They're doing generally 5-10 damage, where the enemy has 500 HP. And when I used the transformation in my first game, I never encountered problems like this O_o

I dont know whats wrong but maybe you should try downloading the whole thing again from somewhere another website.

Okay, new problemo....
    Here's what I want: When you spend the night in an Inn, I want an event to happen after you wake up, like a gate opens that wasnt open before. But, I dont want it to happen each time you stay at the inn. So how do I get it to do this?

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Just have the switch trigger a new page in the Inn event that just lets you stay at the Inn as normal.

Okay, another question for me:
    How do I get a monster to transform in the middle of a battle? Much like Hsu did with his final boss?

P.S. Thanks to anyone and everyone who is helping me through my RPG quest.... You'll have a special place in my heart.... and by heart I mean credits....

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It's an action that you can set for it in the Monsters tab on the DB under the "Actions Patterns" section.
    goku

Actually, there is a better way to go about it.

In the monster party screen, insert the two bosses.

Right-click on the second form you put in and select the route from appearance option that appears, and align the two sprites.

Next, go to the battle events at the bottom of the screen and create the trigger to make the boss change.
    It can be something like after 10 turns the boss transforms, or if the boss only has between 1% and X% of his life remaining to trigger the transform.

Finally enter the two commands: The enemy encounter command in the top right corner to bring out the other form and then "change enemy condition" to set the first form's status to Normal (i.e. death). You can add in some witty comments from the boss as well.

Using this method, you can do more things than BOU's method. You can make lackeys appear to aid the boss, or make a boss have more than 9999 HP.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Good times. *noddy*
    goku