Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RM2K thread *@______@*

Default X|...

Alright... I did EVERY thing you told me to and yet it doesnt work. I set the second monster to the route form appearacne, and everything here's what the battle event's box looks like:

Trigger: Enemy[1:Hydrasnake]HP[1?30]%
    <>Enemy Appears:2:Big Snake
    <>Set Enemy's Condition:2:Big Snake->NormalCondition
    <>Shake Screen: Pow,5,Speed,5,0.3s.(W)
    <>Play SE: Monster1
    <>Mssg:Hydra Transformed!
    <>Change Switch: [0005:End Transform]-ON set

It does everything, (the shakes, the sound, and the message) except have the monster transform... what am I doing wrong?!

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

You killed off the wrong monster. You need to set the old monster's conditon to normal, not the new one.
    Do the la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lalaaa-laa-lada!

Everything you wanted to know about my RPGs and more.

Gatekeeper of Strong Wind syun_ukiya's Avatar

Can you tell me what I need to download for me to make an RPG? I don't know which is which to download!

Emotion Sickness

this engine is too limited... but maybe when i drop by this section sometime i might answer some of ur needs, i was classified as a rm2k junkie

Well I have a question. Well looking at Hsu's Endless Idiocy game I was wondering how I can add in one of those narrator scenes or whatever it is with just everything black and no sprites and just talking. And also how do I do a scene where your party sprite is dissappeared and you can't see it while other events go on.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Both are pretty easy to do. For the narrative, you set the screen tone to all 0 (last value doesn't matter.) Then go to the message window options (under the text box command) and set it to transparent. When you finish the narrative, make the text box opaque again.

If you want to make your sprite dissapear, go to "Set hero walk GFX" and set the head character's sprite to a blank sprite (there's bound to be one file with that, if not make your own) When it's done, just go back in and return it to the original sprite.

I tought I should share this with you, heres another RPG maker well under way: http://www.crypticdesigns.com/ it sounds promising

Yeah, that maker does look pretty promising. If I decide to do Tertiary Fantasy, I might want to use that engine if it looks like it'll come out soon.

One more question. I'm just full of them. How do you get the mine cart to go on the tracks like Hsu did? I mean, I can get it to go on regular ground, but when I lay the tracks down, it wont go over them. ME SO ANGRY!

Emotion Sickness

hahaha... i say pfft to this topic... i mean i could imagine if you guys were all asking about the code and more complex stuff, but all this simple and i mean SIMPLE stuff is in the help file that was made by gemin-eye so go look through that, tells you mainly anything, or go to don miguels site for ALL tutorials!

That's a pretty funny lookin' question....

But seriously, some of us may not be as expirienced as you, bub. Lay off would ya? I've never used a RPG maker before. And stop spamming too.

Emotion Sickness

im not spaming, and im not saying all this because i may be more "experianced" than you... BUT im saying that you dont need to fill up the forums with pointless questions which can be answerede if u bothered to read upon the help file, coz it tells you things...

Just because what they're asking is in a help file is trivial. Sometimes people don't understand them period. So, if I give someone "RM2k for Dummies," he or she may still be confused and need a different approach. Also, I don't see how these questions are "filling up the forums." All these questions are going into one thread, as a Q&A session. People ask questions, people answer them. The majority of the people asking quetions are new, so nobody is going to ask something complicated like "How do I make a minesweeper mini-game?" or "How do I make a sideview battle?" If you have a problem with this thread, siply ignore it.

Spiff: Go into the database to the chipset tab, select the chipset you're using from the side, and find all the minecart tracks (upper) make sure they all have circles and you can move in all directions on it. If that's all fine, make sure you used them as an upper layer rather than an event.

Well I am curious as how to import something into RPG maker 2000. I have tried the built in feature but it hasn't worked. So any help would be very very helpful.
    This space intentionally left blank.

1) How do I do a screen shot?
    2) Is there anyway I could do strikethrough in the message boxes? HTML doesn't seem to work... not that I expected it to....