Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RM2K thread *@______@*

Screenshot: hit F4 to go out of fullscreen and into a window. Hit alt+PrintScreen. Go into paint and paste the image. Save and you're done.

Strikethrough: As far as I know, it can't be done.
    Do the la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-lalaaa-laa-lada!

Everything you wanted to know about my RPGs and more.

Exiled Idiot of Doom? Blackmage's Avatar

*asks the hardest question yet* Anyone know where to find a simplified tutorial for a sideview ATB battle system FAQ, or is there anyone that knows how to do it that can EASILY explain it? I kinda find the turn-based system annoying and want to make it kinda like FF5 or 6 or something, but I'm too dumb to figure it out for myself (As well as ignorant, but that's another story.)

I'd also like to know if it's possible to have a certain skill appear only when the person has a certain item equipped, much like the Samarai from FFT? Or if it's possible for a sword to randomly cast a spell when attacking like the elemental rods from FFT?

Oh, and for that movie I'm making that appears in my sig (Black Mage's Wrath), I'm doing voice-acting! Unfortunately, in order to make the voices reasonably tangible, they're taking up a troutload of space; what would be the recommended bitrate for the WAV files? Which is why I hope RPGds comes out sometime in the near-future with its MP3 capability. So far, I've got it to work out quite well with the first scene that I've done with the voice acting; the only problem I've had with the movie is movement speed, which is my fault for ignorance to keep up with it.
    Kuja Highwind/Blackmage: Some guy that used to be active back around 2001... He almost made his way through Proto's Custom Title Tournament way back in the day...but almost only counts in horseshoes and grenades. Oh well.

Xcuse me??

What is this RPG Maker you are talking about?And there are different versions of it too?Please someone post a link for more information!
    And I became Air
    And I became Fire
    Enemies fill with despair
    as I'm getting higher

I've gained the wisdom
    I've honoured the Spell
    I have conquered the Stardom
    I have beat the night
    as well....

--As if by Magic--

C.H.A.R.M Guild member(and a damn proude one too!)

Just give up on the ATB sidescreen stuff unless you have godlike patience. I've seen tutorials to it and it will take you a long, long time to make it work.

I'd say you should just make it more graphically appealing :
    -make animations where your characters appear on the battle screen and use those as their respective attacks.
    -Use event controlled battles so that some attacks monsters use will actually be animated in the screen instead of hearing some lame sound.

RPGMaker 2000 can be found right here http://rm2k.phantomrpg.com/

The site might be a little confusing, I recommend you download everything they offer. That includes the RTP, the RTP upgrade and the latest RM2K version. You'll get all the sprites you'll want (at least I did

There are several tutorials, links and documents found on that site too.

I don't have enough patience to use it =\ Only game creating engine I've used more than 2 months is MUGEN which makes excellent fighter games.
    skin the sun
    fall asleep
    wish away
    the soul is cheap
    lesson learned
    wish me luck
    soothe the burn
    wake me up

How do you post an rpg so that others can download and play it? Not that anyone would want to play my sad excuse for an rpg :chobin:

A Real Guitar Demon Tom Morello's Avatar

You guys sound like you make good rpgs, I would love to play one of them. If you could just tell me how to get one I would play it a lot. (I'm pretty bored waiting for FFXI to come out and need something to pass the time.)
    I used to have one... but it was erased... *sigh*

Yes we do make our own RPG's just go to the link a few posts above to see the place where you can download the maker required to make/play the games.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I wonder what that...hill thing that looks like a bunch of flies over it, and is set to be walked over, that's on the original chip set; is used as. I really need to figure out the whole variable thing, as well.

That "hill thing" is accually light pouring in from a door way... blargh... hard to explain... someone else do it...

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

You're right Alf. It's supposed to represent a doorway from the bottom. Probably best used if your dungeon's enterance/exit is facing that way.

Does anyone know where I can get a battle sprite of Gogo from FFV? I need it for a game I'm making. Thanks in advance.

I have a hopefully simple problem...

When I check 'disable saving' on the map properties window, it doesn't disable it. No matter what. You can still save all you want. The only way I can make it not save is to make a new event, have it disable saving, and switch itself off. But then, of course, all the other maps let you save, and when you enter and exit, you can save once again. It's very annoying.

I also need to know the 'Equip something and learn a spell,de-equip it and forget it' thing.

To equip/unequip go to the first page of the set of commands for a event you can do. It is on the right side column at the top. It's change equipment. Also for spells it's on the left side near the bottom. It's called change skill.

Hope this helps.

No no, I know all of that, I need to know how to, if you equip something, you'll learn a spell. And then when you unequip it, you'll forget the spell.

And I figured out the save thing... after every teleport, add Disable save> disable, it's not exactly a time saver but it works

Alright, here's how this works. You make a parallel process common event that checks if the character has the item equipped (found in the hero section of the fork conditions event) If it's true, then they learn the skill. If it's false, they forget it. Then you repeat for every other item (it can all be in the same event.)