Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ciddies Nominations Results! Useless Information now included =P

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

I'll take up that terrible burden for you

Originally posted by Loony BoB
    Blah. I keep going to quote people and almost end up editing their original posts.

Oh, the hassles of power. *sigh*
    OOC:I can't tell you how many times I've intended to hit the Quote button and wound up hitting the edit/delete button instead. And it works backwards, too. Sometimes I end up quoting myself without even noticing it.

BoBBo, if your supposed quote doesn't begin with [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by <blarg>[/i] then you know something's gone wrong, I guess, but I've still always been slightly baffled about why the edit and quote buttons sit right next to each other, where they can easily be mistaken for one another.

And yeah. Like Nicky, I wouldn't mind the "burden" of power myself. Whether I should have it is another question altogether.

Peace
    The Man

I would just like to take this space to say that I recieved far more votes than I deserved, and that many of you people who won awards have not yet noted their points I awarded earlier.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Originally posted by Calliope
    I'll take up that terrible burden for you
    Nicky with mod powers? *shudder*

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Well, I would be able to sing that song..."she's a mod, she's a mod, she's a mod, yeah yeah yeah yeah..."

and because Spam Should Provoke Admins/Mods, I wouldn't be such an annoying spammer anymore. oh crap.

Well, I would be able to sing that song..."she's a mod, she's a mod, she's a mod, yeah yeah yeah yeah..."

and because Spam Should Provoke Admins/Mods, I wouldn't be such an annoying spammer anymore. oh crap.
    That wouldn't be so spamtastic. Not that I think of you as an "annoying spammer" or anything. :rolleyes2

Peace
    The Man

Oh my dear Doctor Recognized Member Wyllius's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Spam Should Provoke Admins/Mods
    If you want a War all I need is an Official Declaration of War and I'll commence a Genocide Campaign, just for you.

Originally posted by Wyllius
    If you want a War all I need is an Official Declaration of War and I'll commence a Genocide Campaign, just for you.
    I doubt she does.

Peace That word is now under suspension following a random War in Asia. - Wyll
    The Man

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Our situation, Doccers, is a delicate one. For without you, the Official Eoff Spam Brigade would have nowhere to spam, and without us, you'd have no one to lord over.

Originally posted by Shoyku

You weren't even here when nominations were made.
    hmm, I see, well thats a bit of a sticky wicket there, oh well, hopefully next time I'll be here and not grounded

Corale Lorien

Originally Posted By The Man:

But then, dr Unne is gay was banned too, so who knows.
    I disapprove of this member. What right does he have to question Dr Unne's sexuality? Well, unless he has hard evidence that Dr Unne is indeed gay, he shouldn't go around making such bold claims. I presume this member was banned for spamming/flaming/registering under that name? You know, in a silly way, that is quite amusing.

Originally Posted By Calliope:

Yeah, but you're giving awards to people who you've banned, in other words, you've said they're not good enough for eoff, but you're giving them a trophy anyway!
    Just because a member is banned doesn't mean that they're not good enough for a message board. They might have been a bit naughty, so a month or two in the "Sin-Bin" might do them some good. Don't you agree? The only other case is if the member in question has been permanently banned for doing something really terrible. For example, registering a screen name like: "< insert name here > is gay" and then going on a spam/flaming rampage would probably result in a permanent ban.

Originally posted by Corale Lorien
    I disapprove of this member. What right does he have to question Dr Unne's sexuality? Well, unless he has hard evidence that Dr Unne is indeed gay, he shouldn't go around making such bold claims. I presume this member was banned for spamming/flaming/registering under that name? You know, in a silly way, that is quite amusing.
    That member was way before my time, so I have no idea why (s)he was banned. However, I'd suppose that his/her screen name had something to do with that banning.

And I'm quite sure that EoFF's Dr Unne is not gay.

Just because a member is banned doesn't mean that they're not good enough for a message board. They might have been a bit naughty, so a month or two in the "Sin-Bin" might do them some good. Don't you agree? The only other case is if the member in question has been permanently banned for doing something really terrible. For example, registering a screen name like: "< insert name here > is gay" and then going on a spam/flaming rampage would probably result in a permanent ban. [/B]
    When a member is banned, they're banned for life and aren't supposed to come back in any form. Sometimes a member can register another name, refrain from doing the things that got him/her banned the first time around, and never get noticed, but the disguise is generally found out. I also don't approve of that tactic, as the user isn't supposed to re-register and second accounts are frowned upon in almost any case (the sole exceptions being Award Guy and Stuffed Regis).

You can check dr Unne is gay's profile. (S)he is listed as having made exactly seven posts, I believe, so (s)he got banned fairly quickly.

Peace
    The Man
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Originally posted by The Man
    I also don't approve of that tactic, as the user isn't supposed to re-register and second accounts are frowned upon in almost any case (the sole exceptions being Award Guy and Stuffed Regis).
    Nait also has an account called 'Election Booth' for when he does the elections. And of course we can't forget about EoFF Sniper (Spatvark), repo man (eestlinc) and Other (The Man).

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Holy crap, I'm customized Lightning_Demon's Avatar

Bah, I have three accounts myself, two of which I can't use because I forgot the password. Blargh.
    PM to me the answer to this question: What is 1+1?
    I'll change my sig infrequently to reflect my avatar... and my emotions....
    Pulsating, changing constantly, I still remain in this seat of power... Am I a god, a sinner, or simply myself...
    Frankly, I need a gimmick. It's called DEMON'S CHOICE. We all like pretty pictures, I just think some should really be seen. This will not be updated frequently, the honor is difficult to acrue.

Transformers... Robots in Disguise :

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Corale Lorien
    Just because a member is banned doesn't mean that they're not good enough for a message board. They might have been a bit naughty, so a month or two in the "Sin-Bin" might do them some good. Don't you agree?
    No. All bans at EoFF are permenant because we only ban people that deserve to never come back. Now, I'm not quite sure who you think you are, but you seem to take a great deal of pleasure in second-guessing what everyone says. In this instance, you're wrong.

Originally posted by Del Murder
    Other (The Man).
    Actually, no, "Other" is not The Man. It's someone who should know better even moreso than The Man. I believe that I should point out that all three of your latter examples (EoFF Sniper, repo man, and Other) are not in any way condoned by the staff, least of all myself. No one is exempt at any time from the "don't make multiple accounts" rule, save for those using it for things such as award proceedures.