Thread: Microsoft Outlook

Default Microsoft Outlook

Call me stupid, but I don't know how to create a new user in Microsoft Outlook.

Now, I know how to create a new account, but I want to know how to make a seperate e-mail user in Outlook so that the other user can have its own inbox.

For example, I use shinikaru@cogeco.ca as my primary e-mail. I just made a new e-mail that is heiss@cogeco.ca. I don't want heiss@cogeco.ca to use the same inbox as shinikaru@cogeco.ca. I want heiss@cogeco.ca to have its own inbox... how do I do that?

Okay, I probably made no sense there... but yeah. If you can comprehend that, please help!
    don't u θink? i 罠 β wiθ u

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

If you use mutliple user login accounts in Windows (like when you first boot, it'd ask you for a password), it'll seperate everyone's Outlook accounts so no one can see anyone else's, I believe. If you don't have seperate login accounts, you can set up a Rule in Outlook maybe. Create a new folder called "Inbox2" or whatever, then go to Tools, Rules Wizard... Create a new rule that says whenever mail "Has (insert email here) in the To box", "Move it to (Inbox2, or whatever)". Then it'll seperate your mail after it downloads.

The bad thing is, you'll still be able to read the mail of the person you're sharing Outlook with, and they'll still be able to read yours too. You'll also share a Sent Items folder and a Deleted Items folder unless you create two more folders and two more rules to seperate it there too. Maybe there's some other way to do it, but that's the way I can think of.

Alright, thanks a lot, Unney!

Uggh... I thought it was much more simple than that.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have to use Outlook as part of work, and I honestly hate it. My beautiful organised google inbox is far superior.

Also, pretty much the first two years of EoFF General Chat were tech help questions, huh?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Why are we talking about work related stuff here? You just have to bump a bumper thread.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Why are we talking about work related stuff here? You just have to bump a bumper thread.
    Perhaps you just need a new

*adjusts glasses *

outlook