Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite FF6 Party

OOC: Actually, I believe the odds of getting a Pink Tail would be 1/65,536 or 1/65,025, because I believe there is a 1/256 (or 1/255) chance both of encountering a group of Pink Puffs and receiving a Pink Tail if you defeat such a group. At any rate, I'd bet the Genjû-summoning slot has a very small chance of getting you what you want anyway. Of course, you could always be a cheat and use save states or something.

But I never myself liked Slot very much, so I never used it much.
    Peace
    The Man

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

I always take Celes and Edgar. Depending on the situation, I'll also include either Terra, Mog, Locke, Cyan, Sabin or Relm. I generally like having people who are strong both in magic and in fighting.

OOC:I thought it was 1/64 for finding Pink Puffs, and 1/64 for them dropping a Pink Tail...

Either way, the odds are so low that it's not really worth the effort. Especially since Ragnarok tends to fail a lot anyway.

Squash Monster

I like this party...

Mog : I find mog to be a good magic user, and besides, he is a dancing moogle, what isn't cool about that?

Edgar: Genji/Offering with some realy big swords. I used to have Sabin here, but thats no good, I have to send the swords somewhere else, and that does not work.

Cyan: I can get the big sword techs in all the time, since I have a Genji/Offering combo and someone with X-magic, I have time to spare.

Terra: Ultra magic user. I usualy have a lot of spells up at a time, and then I need flare. I don't have time for morph, but something usualy happens (like getting beserked) that does it for me.

I find the topic of what character is the best as a one person army. I like the x-magic/genji-glove combo on Terra for this.

Ph3ear my FF1 Mod BlkWiz! Marak's Avatar

My Party, when I can get it:

Marak (Cayenne/Cyan): My namesake in this game. I'm not sure why, but I've always liked this character. He looks cool, he's honorable, and his Sword Techniques (Quadra Slice and Slam, especially) are quite powerful and a blast to watch besides. I mean, how can you argue with a swordsman/samurai who laughs whilst slicing his foes in twain?

Terra/Tina: I always need a good, solid All-Around Character in the Party, and Terra's it. I balance her Magic Power and Vigor, and thus she becomes good at both fighting (she always gets the Atma Weapon) and spellcasting (hell, she learns Ultima at Level 99, so I don't even need to teach it to her if I power up in the Dinosaur Forest.)

Edgar: His tools are just as powerful as Sabin's Blitzes, but without the arbitrary command inputting (which for me fails no less than 80% of the time for all Blitzes up to Fire Dance, and 99% for the rest). Plus, he's one of THE coolest looking characters - just MHO, of course - and if you pump up his Vigor he becomes a force to be reckoned with.

Celes: My flat out Mage Character. I pump the Magic Power and let the spells fly. She also doubles as my Primary Healer. Another character that I really like the look of, sprite-wise.

Sometimes I'll substitute Celes for Shadow, or Edgar for a outrageously Vigor-boosted Sabin, but that's my main Pary for most of the game.
    No profanity in sigs please.
    Sigh. What profanity? I quoted Sephex's post from Eyes on Each Other from about a year ago, and any "profanity" in his post was either **** or ***** anyway. Whatever. And you wonder why forum traffic is way down.

Mog.

Just Mog.

sabin. Just Sabin.

Sabin19

This party is my favourite, 'cause i have the already 34 levels:

Terra, Celes, Sabin, Edgar

Solphie

Celes, Locke, Sabin and Edgar

Terra for back up, next to Relm and Cyan.

The patented LOCKE 54 party:

Terra: Morph is insane, and she has ridiculously high magic power

Locke: Godlike agility and the ability to equip power items

Strago: Lore is cool, and his magic power is nothing to scoff at

Gogo: Customizing commands and knowing every spell your party has is awesome.

I take...

Terra : Scimitar/Illumina with genji glove

Sabin: Dragon Fang/Some Claw with Genji Glove/Offering

Umaro: A novelty character. I can't believe Sabin is still surprised after being thrown at enemies time and time again.

Gogo/Cyan/Locke: Mimic, Quadra Slam, Pretty Good Character.

Originally posted by Sabin19
    This party is my favourite, 'cause i have the already 34 levels:

Terra, Celes, Sabin, Edgar
    I think most people here have everyone level 99.
    and your sig might be too big (with all your pictures combined,) I'm not sure, just warning you.

Fave party... Shadow, Sabin, Edgar and Relm

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I could try all the characters next time. But my favorite party is Tina, Celes, Edgar and Sabin. Two good magic users, Runic, Tools and Blitzes. Kewl. Sometimes I swap Sabin and Locke.

The Man, why would you get Locke first in WoR? You only have 3 or 4 characters at that time, and Phoenix Cave is hard. There's no way you could survive it at that low levels by going there with 2 characters going each path.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryûkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryûkishi

OOC: It's one of the first things I do. I generally get Mog first. He is in one party, completely elone, equipped with the Môgri Charm. Muwah.

I've always gotten at least one other character besides Tina, Edgar, Setzer, and Mog before getting Lock (often Gogo, horrific though his stats are). It's not very easy to do the Phoenix Cave at a low level; I run from a lot of battles in the process and also end up using a lot of Smoke Bombs. There's no boss at the end, though, and I usually manage to get out without too much trouble.
    Peace
    The Man
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

OOC:Really? That's cool. Phoenix Cave was one of the hardest, more annoying places in the game. It also has hard enemies and a high encounter rate. Are you sure there weren't any bosses in the cave? I had a feeling there was one, or at least one of the 8 dragons.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryûkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryûkishi