Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seiken Densetsu 3 Rom Bothers.

<FONT COLOR=38e897>Just for the record, I have version 1.337 of ZSNES (yes, it's the 1337357, latest version) and version 8.1 of DirectX, which is also, I believe, the latest version. Inexplicably, ZSNES freezes when I try to load a ROM. It freezes as soon as I start changing directories, actually. I have no clue why it does that, but it does.

Blah. Life isn't perfect.

Peace
    Stuffed Manny<font size=2>
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

That's weird, why would an emulator for super nintendo need Directx 8? I mean super nintendo is pretty old right? so the sounds and images wouldn't be top of the line??

"Ouch"

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Emulating a system perfectly does take quite a lot of power to make sure everything is syncronised etc. due to the large differences between consoles and PCs. Also, the format of the data in consoles (such as the audio and images) are not optimized at all for a PC to use directly, such as a console can usually do. Using latest things like DirectX helps speed up the behind the scenes or extra overhead processing of the emulator which is on top of what the normal console would do.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Originally posted by Citizen Bleys
    zsnes am teh r0x0r kthx.
    zsnes r teh suxxorz... i.e. it runs as slow as hell on my machine... the latest version of ZSnes and with DirectX 8.1... the same as Aaron's but at least mine runs... *has been playing some spoof roms*

God bless ips for sorting out my problems so I can get back to using my lovely Snes9X =P
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Blasphemy I tell you. Back in the day all we had was ZSNES for DOS! Now you people have their fancy SNES 9x with hi res mode and ZSNES for Windows. Kids these days.

I was thinking about it. Manny your problem might be that you have a corrupted ROM file or something becasue I one time had one and it wouldn't let me play any other ROM's and it would always freeze the emu. I'm going to ask some people about it though.