Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wasting more time than usual

makiten

wasting more time than usual

after wasting my time with my site, i decided on this... what are some wacky ff1 things you've done?

once, i killed tiamat before kraken and kary. but then again, i do lots of things so... where's the party at?

What I've Done... The Amazing Spiderman's Avatar

I didn't buy magic to my characters until I beated Astos.
    FFT Class Reviews:

Lancer - Monk - Ninja - Bard

The weirdest thing I've ever done is level up to 5 at coneria before starting off to Garland, with my usual F, TH, BB, RM team.

Oh and one more thing:
    Too bad I'm the only one who knocks people down. You impertinent fools. - Makiten
    Is that so?
    Knock yourselves down.

makiten

Originally posted by Garland
    Is that so?
    Yes indeed. (it's a link, yo)

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

One time I beat Tiamat, then completely forgot that the orb in the back warps you out and walked all the way back out of the castle and tower. *dumb*

Rofl!

I've been walking out of every dungeon after beating the fiend. Didn't know there was a shortcut.

/me slaps forehead

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

On my first time through the game I used to do that. It really sucks when you kill Lich and then die on your way out...three times in a row!

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Garland: I also had my favorite Fi/Th/Rm/Wm party beat Garland at level 5.

The other funny thing is also done with Fi/Th/Rm/Wm party. There I beat Kraken and Tiamat, then I leveled up for ages. My Kn/Ni/Rw/Ww party went to beat Kary at level 46

A really whacky and stupid thing I did was, when I played with Fi/Bb/Wm/Bm, I smashed my keyboard on my 5th game over I got in Ice Cave That, along with the times I had to restart because of Black Belt dying in the Ice Cave, I was really getting pissed off. After that, I kicked the Crap Belt out of the window (serves ya right, b**tard belt!), thrashed the save game and started a new game, with another party. But really... my guys were at level 20, and I had to restart so often! Usually I complete the cave on my first or second try.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

makiten

*is wondering how come his black belt didn't die* after all, i did this with a party where the fighter and black mage were not included. fortunately, i just used haste on the black belt and then he did 1200 damage. but i rarely play my cartridge anymore, mainly because i want to play SNES.

This actually happened to a friend of mine:

He was only four years old at the time (I don't think four year olds should be playing a game like that; I remember when Dragon Warrior gave me nightmares as a seven year old), and he had a hard time going through the game because he didn't know how to equip weapons or armour.

It wasn't until he got to the Marsh Cave that he figured out how to do it.

I think he took on Garland at Level 9.

Personally, I think that's hilarious.
    I prefer the term "Treasure Hunter".

I stocked up on Softs before going into the Ice Cave with my solo BB

I did the same thing as spikingzero's friend only I was 5 or 6 at the time...I lost against Garland 9 times before my friend who had given me the game said, "You didn't equip anything..."

Don't you have to beat the fiends in a order? Or can you fight them in any order?

Originally posted by final boss
    Don't you have to beat the fiends in a order? Or can you fight them in any order?
    You can defeat the Wind Fiend before the Fire and Water.

Originally posted by Rude
    Rofl! I've been walking out of every dungeon after beating the fiend. Didn't know there was a shortcut.

/me slaps forehead
    lol
    "Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine."

once I leveled up to level 50 before garland............actually the stupidest thing I can think off is getting lost on the first floor of the earth cave and being beaten to a pulp by a million giants (hil gigas? hah!) cause I thought something was wrong with the game since I battled every step.......