Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: An ultimate weapon and extra Aeons walkthrough (Spoilers)

An observation on Wakka's Overdrives (for getting the Sigil for his weapon): I got his Attack Reels overdrive in my very first tournament. Despite playing every tournament during the rest of the first season and reloading each one multiple times to get the rewards to randomly respawn, I was unable to get Status Reels until Macalania Temple, at which point it was the first reward that spawned (for the start of the new season), and it spawned for that season even after continual reloading (all the other prizes changed).

I didn't notice anything similar for the Auroch's Reels: it came in randomly while capturing the Macalania fiends after I made it to the Calm Lands (I backtracked), but it made me wonder if his Overdrives may be tied to plot advancement. Anyone else notice this? Or is it old news?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen_Angel_Alexiel View Post
    Give Yojimbo 600.000 gil and he'll make Zanmato....
    Works 100%
    Is that 600 or 600,000 (gil)? You put a decimal after the 2nd zero so I thought that it is 600 (six-hundred gil)

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    An observation on Wakka's Overdrives (for getting the Sigil for his weapon): I got his Attack Reels overdrive in my very first tournament. Despite playing every tournament during the rest of the first season and reloading each one multiple times to get the rewards to randomly respawn, I was unable to get Status Reels until Macalania Temple, at which point it was the first reward that spawned (for the start of the new season), and it spawned for that season even after continual reloading (all the other prizes changed).

I didn't notice anything similar for the Auroch's Reels: it came in randomly while capturing the Macalania fiends after I made it to the Calm Lands (I backtracked), but it made me wonder if his Overdrives may be tied to plot advancement. Anyone else notice this? Or is it old news?
    There's a battle requirement for his Overdrives. Attack Reels doesn't have one, but Status Reels requires 250 battles and Auroch Reels requires 450. The count begins at the start of the game. Battles need to be won. Wakka doesn't need to participate. Battles in the Monster Arena don't count.

Those ability names are a little off.

Break 9999 Damage should be Break Damage Limit, 3x Overdrive should be Triple Overdrive, Avoid Counter should be Evade & Counter, MP Cost 1 should be One MP Cost and Pre-emptive Attack should be First Strike.

Also, how much you need to pay Yojimbo to do his attacks depends on your "friendship" level with him. If you treat him right, it's possible to get him to do Zanmato right after summoning for free. However, the price also depends on the strength of the enemies. I know of a few people who made Yojimbo so happy that he basically does Zanmato on everything after being paid 1 gil.

Howdy. Thanx for this; I just better mention that there is a lot more to Yojimbo's mechanics: you gotta look after this bad boy! Some math in SinirothX's epic w/t at GameFaqs. Short version: always pay him lots (don't stiff the guy), don't dismiss him without having him do some work, don't let him get whacked. This should ensure a one-hit Zanmato takedown on any mudderfricker in this game. Yea, I know a proper fight is the 'right' way, but sometimes...

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Holy balls, this thread is 9 years old.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironwings View Post
    Howdy. Thanx for this; I just better mention that there is a lot more to Yojimbo's mechanics: you gotta look after this bad boy! Some math in SinirothX's epic w/t at GameFaqs. Short version: always pay him lots (don't stiff the guy), don't dismiss him without having him do some work, don't let him get whacked. This should ensure a one-hit Zanmato takedown on any mudderfricker in this game. Yea, I know a proper fight is the 'right' way, but sometimes...
    Also, paying him in full at the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth (w/o him giving you discounts) is a good bonus to your friendship level.

SIGSIG

Quote Originally Posted by jeo2388 View Post
    Also, paying him in full at the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth (w/o him giving you discounts) is a good bonus to your friendship level.
    Also, if you pay him triple his asking price, he gains a lot of respect for you and you get two Teleport Spheres.

FFXIV Character

Height07 (Istory)

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightLord View Post
    Also, if you pay him triple his asking price, he gains a lot of respect for you and you get two Teleport Spheres.
    Never knew. I'll give it a try.

SIGSIG

For Anima , i dont really know which temple i missed the hidden treasure.I tried all every temple to just make sure.but i dont think i can re-enter Bevelle.

I still can't light up all the statue in baaj temple.I think i missed one of the hidden treasure.

is that mean i can't get Anima ?

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Something fishy's going on here.

Articles
    Blog Entries

did you return to the zanarkand temple to get the treasure there? and btw, you cannot miss the anima-treasure in bevelle, it is mandatory and you open it automatically (HP-Sphere).

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I like that the OP said whoever goes for Lulu's sigil is completely insane.

Count me amongst the crazies, cause I went for it and achieved success.

There's tips and tricks along the way that make some of the mini-games easier. In this instance, there's a certain spot in the Thunder Plains, I think right after you enter the second screen, where you can dodge 2 or 3 lightning bolts in a row.

It's always the exact same spot on the map, so you can see it coming. Just keep walking to the same spot for about a half hour or so and that sigil is yours. Save frequently.

Erm you can't save during the bolt dodging. Pretty sure touching the sphere is enough to reset the counter.

But what I would like to know... Is this hefty trick still in the HD version? Got it for the Vita and I sure hope I won't have to do it the "legal" insane way.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

How sure are you?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?