Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: An ultimate weapon and extra Aeons walkthrough (Spoilers)

HELP. I can't get the Spirit Lance. I know how by praying in the thunder plains to the glowing rocks but they won't glow. Thanks
    Signature removed for exceeding the pixel height limit.

1 stone will always glow. once u pray at that, the other ones will switch back and forth between glowing. a good way to do it is wait by the stone until it glows and then pray
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeza
    This thread did not require Phoenix Down. Do not revive dead threads.

I got Zanmato with only 149,999 odd gil, I followed advice elsewhere in this forum and got Yuna's overdrive up, grand summoned Yojimbo (who I named Jimmy ) and then gave him all but one of my gil (I had just under 150,000 mb more I can't remember).

And the insane lightning dodging? I did it first try, I reckon I dodged around 220 times total since I had to keep compensating for my losing count a lot

same here with the dodging. and as for yojimbo, ive got zanmato for as cheap as 600,000. theres a lot of calculations going into what he does, but in the end, if his motivation is over 80 then he does zanmato. its really confusing, but a full od only adds 2 points, which isnt gonna get u anywhere. but if u pay him more than 75% of ur gil, its supposed to add more points. whatever, im just goin on and none of u are prolly understanding the words coming out of my mouth. just goto gamefaqs. theres a really good explanation there. and as for paying him 1 gil and him doin zanmato, that sounds like crap. if u pay him 1 gil he does diagoro or kozuka. nothing else

some one told me that if u give Yojimbo 5,6 milion gil after that he will do Zanmato every time after that even if u pay him 1 gil... is this true???
    GASH

nope. he'll do either diagoro or kozuka. i got luck once and he did wakizashi, but he only did that once. but if u pay him a trout load, he will become more compatible with yuna (FFVIII reference!!!) and hence he will do better attacks for less. but the lowest ive ever had him do zanmato was for 700,000 gil. but once ur compatability goes to 255, he'll do zanmato for about 1 mil. maybe a lil less, but not too much

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have a couple of questions about getting ultimate weapons.

1 - Where is the cactaur statue in Sanubia Desert where you have to play the mini game? I went around it loads when I was monster capturing but didn't see it.

2 - To beat Belgemine's aeons and get The Magus Sisters do you HAVE to have Anima?

Oh and to add, after I got Yojimbo I always paid him between 1 and 5 gil, cos I'm so tight well I was saving my money at the time, and one time he did do Zanmato (when he had his overdrive full)...so it can be done but I have no idea why.

I've decided I'm bad at chocobo racing so will forget Tidus' ultimate weapon, and I don't like blitzball so forget Wakka's..oh and lighting dodging no way....so just going for Auron's (which I got last night after 7hrs playing ) and Rikku's. If I can find the cactaur statue..
    rawr

Originally posted by Xander
    I have a couple of questions about getting ultimate weapons.

1 - Where is the cactaur statue in Sanubia Desert where you have to play the mini game? I went around it loads when I was monster capturing but didn't see it.

2 - To beat Belgemine's aeons and get The Magus Sisters do you HAVE to have Anima?

Oh and to add, after I got Yojimbo I always paid him between 1 and 5 gil, cos I'm so tight well I was saving my money at the time, and one time he did do Zanmato (when he had his overdrive full)...so it can be done but I have no idea why.

I've decided I'm bad at chocobo racing so will forget Tidus' ultimate weapon, and I don't like blitzball so forget Wakka's..oh and lighting dodging no way....so just going for Auron's (which I got last night after 7hrs playing ) and Rikku's. If I can find the cactaur statue..

1: 4th screen, south east east side (not a typo, i meant for 2 easts)

2: You must have all the aeons (except magus obiovusly) and the flower septor and blossom crown

3: yojimbo's attacks are based on your compatablilty and his motivation

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks for the help I found the cactaur thing, but can't be bothered to get Yuna's ultimate weapon right now..
    But how can Yojimbo be that compatible with me when I've not once paid him more than 1000gil and offered him "0" once. Maybe just luck then I guess. Or he just likes me

Unless there's any difference in the country versions of the game for Yojimbo although I guess there wouldn't be. So..just luck?
    rawr

o man... that has to be sheer luck then. paying him 0 lowers the compatability a few points and he dismisses himself. ouch...

its something like

compatability + motivation from gil + what choice u chose at the fayth + overdrive + random number between 4 and 63 = final motivation

check gamefaqs for the formula.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I read that Faqs, well he certainly gets no motivation from gil so I have no idea, he always seems to do Zanmato when his overdrive is full well usually anyway about three times out of the four when I did use it, it feels like cheating using it though so I'm not going to use it on any dark aeons! (world's longest sentence there ) Although it is so tempting...
    rawr

haha. i used it on the dark aeons. but its a helluva lot harder for him to do against them tho

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hehe, me and my friend used it on Dark Bahamut today for 1000gil just to see what we got... I wanted to show her the armour.. didn't save after though.. I used it on Ultima weapon too dunno why I just didn't want to lose the money I'd made in the Omega Ruins, didn't get anything much for that fight though...
    rawr

ha. i just bribed ultima. needed the pendulum like mad

Break HP limits

Hey - I am a bit of newbie to this game - well truth be told I am not actually - I just dont get much time to play it is all!! I think I must be the oldest person on here!

Well just one question really - How on earth do I get more break HP weapons - I only got one and well I NEED to defeat the Dark Aeons to get Anima and so far I is not having a lot of luck!

Any help would be very much appreciated as I am just about to go bald thorugh stress.

You just have to accept that more often than not you will have statue days and everyone else has pidgeon days