Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Draw Britt Contest - 2002 Edition!

Britt, I noticed you didn't say what time of day the contest would end. Don't end it 'till I get my entree in! I'm working really hard on it, but it won't be done untill tomorrow. I'll enter it tomorrow by 9 PM Eastern Time. Ummm... *goes to keep working*

im still working!!! >< ack! these drawings are good!! ><
    What's a jellicle cat?

It's almost time for judging *joy joy joy joy joy*
    YAY!
    Sigless

Smile My pic

My friend told me about this contest and i thought it sounded interesting. So i entered. Sorry there's no color on the pic, but i ran out of time and was lacking a tablet.

P.S. HAHA i beat ya Dark Holy!! i posted my pic first!!! Sucker.....

P.P.S. Sorry theirs a huge white space around my pic, but it scanned in realllllllllllly weird.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yeah.......

*sigh* ummm... hmmm... yeah.

My sincerest apologies to Britt, Kildarre, and Asorie, you all look somewhat retarded in my entree... but enjoy it anyways! This wasn't what I was going for, but I ran out of time (well, that's procrastination for ya. ) , and I really really REALLY suck at drawing girls, this is the 6th one I've ever drawn and the other five were required for an art assignment. Asorie is in a mech/robot/metal suit, so any masculinity/oddities are because of that! Well umm... yeah.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dark Holy; 09-11-2002 at 02:38 AM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Alright. I'd like to start by thanking everyone for entering... this has been a really great year.

And now, to keep this short and sweet, I will announce the winners.

Claiming third place, Naitsirk's drawing managed to amaze me with its unique style and appearance. The backdrop itself is a remarkable work of art, but the ghostly appearance of the subject adds even more to it. It is very curious in that it captures a certain "aged" appearance that I've never seen used in the contest before. The use of colors is very nice, and the beard is pulled off quite well. I typically wouldn't like that at all, but it was incredibly well done. Cheers, Nait.

In second place, Chaos has also wowed me with a unique style and representation, which reminds me a great deal of Neverwinter Nights, for some reason. I'm especially pleased with the face, hair, and clothing. Again, the colors go together very, very well, and create an interesting and etheral atmosphere. The ears are perfect; I really like those ears particularily, for some reason.

And now... before announcing a winner, I'd like to make a few comments to a few artists that just barely missed earning honors as well.

Shlup - I adored your picture and its fairly realistic representation. If it had more than a just the face, it would have been completely awesome.

Dark Holy - If this were a "Draw Paul" contest, I think you would have totally kicked ass. I really like what you did with Kildarre; it was truly excellent. The entire picture is very, very, very well done. However, representation is key, and I don't feel I was as well represented; the burly, Saiyan-esque look doesn't really suit what I was looking for, as well done as it was. Though all three were very well done, Kildarre is the only one that I feel truly represented the original.

And now... I'd like to announce the winner.

With the best piece of art I daresay I have ever seen in my life, Mäjken has claimed her third victory running. I honestly can't think of anything bad to say about it; anything that I don't think perfectly captures... everything. That's about all I can really say about it... it's more or less the perfect representation.

... Well done.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Congrats Mäjken! >=D

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

FFXIV Character

Hildy Manderville (Faerie)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thank you Britt, and congratulations to all the other winners.

I'm glad you enjoyed the picture.

*sniff*,worked sooo hard....*sniff*

^contest!click if you wanna help me out

I r teh loser and Mäjken r teh winner...i r teh sad...

Not really! You deservered every bit of your...winnings! That is an awesome drawing, and I can assure you, Britt is not picking favorites heh *looks around*
    Sigless

*sigh* ummm.. congratulations Rydia! Also, congratulations Naitsirk and Chaos! ummm... yeah.

Contributions
    • Hosted EoFF Elections event
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Originally posted by Britt
    Claiming third place, Naitsirk's drawing
    It's all right, I know you didn't mean it.

managed to amaze me with its unique style and appearance.
    As it should have.

The backdrop itself is a remarkable work of art, but the ghostly appearance of the subject adds even more to it.
    I am a visionary.

It is very curious in that it captures a certain "aged" appearance that I've never seen used in the contest before.
    Ah, well, this is spiritual age.

The use of colors is very nice, and the beard is pulled off quite well.
    Totto doo!

I typically wouldn't like that at all, but it was incredibly well done.
    Hee hee.

Cheers, Nait.
    Kippis ja kulaus, poikamiehen mulaus.

And now... I'd like to announce the winner.
    But you already did!

With the best piece of art I daresay I have ever seen in my life,
    You don't love me anymore.

Mäjken
    Again?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Originally posted by Britt
    Shlup - I adored your picture and its fairly realistic representation. If it had more than a just the face, it would have been completely awesome.
    Yeah, well, I didn't like how it was turning out so I lost my motivation. You did notice that you look like a six-year-old grapefruit in that picture, right?

Aw, shucks Britt. Did I come joint second last year, or was it joint third? It was something.
    But thanks.
    And *applauds* go to everyone who enetered regardless of where they came. You all did great.
    And Woo to Mäjji...again...maybe we should restrict her drawing materials next time. I'm thinking...a four day old sock and a rather small anchovie. Damn, she'd still win it with that.

Chaos

I give you stick-pokies!
    Livejournal~Elfwood Gallery~

FFXIV Character

Hildy Manderville (Faerie)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not going to enter next year. :laughing: Three is quite enough for me, and I want someone else to win next time!