Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about like the battle system

Default Question about like the battle system

Okay so is it like diablo but in like 3D? builkd up characters and stuff but gop around and kill any enemy you see with your partners like PSO?

Anyways...I would like to see like a multiplayer RPG with like FFVII battle system though. like 3 differnt people and stuff whatever build up thier characters how they want but when you engage in battle each take turns. i thought i would be pretty6 cool as some multiplayer FF game. But then again I dont like console online...eh
    30th of April
    Seems like yesterday
    Bought a house above the ocean
    Where our kids could laugh and play
    I called you from Paris to tell you that I wrote our names on the observation deck of the Eifell Tower
    Remember those times
    Playing summer wind in the jukebox of the bar we used to go.
    We made out in the bathroom and you walked me to my house
    And I tried to convince you not to go home

If only, I had more time, I'd take you where you wanted to go
    Italy isn't the same without you here
    If only, I had one wish, I'd want a billion trillion lifetimes that I could spend with you, fall in love with you again and again, Again.

First of November, 1998
    I was thinking of what to say when I would call
    Krysha come over to my house, cause you're the one for me
    We'll drink cheap wine and watch more shooting stars.
    Remember our first apartment, our couch was never big enough for two
    Still we'd fall asleep in each others arms and wake up on the floor, now looking back it was made for me and you.

If only, I had more time, I'd take you where you wanted to go, Japan is really nice this time of year
    If only, I had one wish, I'd want a billion trillion lifetimes that I could spend with you, fall in love with you again and again.

Anyways...I would like to see like a multiplayer RPG with like FFVII battle system though. like 3 differnt people and stuff whatever build up thier characters how they want but when you engage in battle each take turns. i thought i would be pretty6 cool as some multiplayer FF game. But then again I dont like console online...eh
    Total Turn-based wud not work well in an MMORPG.

so its semi-real time.

Maybe sum1 else can explain it better.
    Once you had gold, once you had silver, Then came the rains out of the blue.

I'm with u man, PS2 online sux! The battle system for FFVI sux also! What would be better then the old battle system of the old FFs.
    Life...
    When did it start...
    When will it end...

opps i ment FFXI
    Life...
    When did it start...
    When will it end...

Originally posted by Shinzo
    I'm with u man, PS2 online sux! The battle system for FFVI sux also! What would be better then the old battle system of the old FFs.
    Do you seriously have nothing better to do with your time than go on about how much you hate FFXI?

Anyway, yeah, it's pretty much realtime, and you select commands and such. Yeah.

ZaphierDarkheart: *works on new kiss ass character*
    Angered Roach: kiss ass?
    ZaphierDarkheart: ...kick
    ZaphierDarkheart: kick ass...

Originally posted by Shinzo
    I'm with u man, PS2 online sux!

Sir, The ignorance meter is off the charts!
    Draxyle/RedMage/Windurst/Level 12+

Originally posted by Alpha
    Sir, The ignorance meter is off the charts!
    Beep beep beep! [/spam]

ZaphierDarkheart: *works on new kiss ass character*
    Angered Roach: kiss ass?
    ZaphierDarkheart: ...kick
    ZaphierDarkheart: kick ass...

The battle system is completly ATB based. You basicly lock onto a enemy and then you have several options like Magic or fight or analyze (I think that's what it's called) where you can see how tough a monster is well roughly how strong at least. There are a lot of other options but I don't know what they are.
    This space intentionally left blank.

I live in a giant bucket Blizzard's Avatar

So its kinda like the battle system of Kingdom Hearts, except with out the *Quick Launch* (like press square to cast cure etc.) whatever buttons....?

Uhhh no as it is you lock on and stay locked on until you unlock it or the monster or you die. But you also can't jump or just keep hitting X to attack or something as the system is you keep fighting until you change commands or again the monster dies or you die.
    This space intentionally left blank.

No, the dude at the tops saying since the games online, we would have to wait for the other players to take their 'turns' i think the game will have the same generic battle system as all the others just with some kind of time limit to how long each player has to choose what to do so they wouldnt hold up the game for the other players....that is if the multiplayer thing is even set up like that, maybe it will b we just trade with other people in the game and all have our own seperate games going etc....

Well i cant explain it very well but if you read my post carefully you will get what im saying...

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Well i cant explain it very well but if you read my post carefully you will get what im saying...
    And also realize you are very wrong too. >_<

I have actually seen a battle in a movie a downloaded with a female hume monk with a Big Hornet (or something along those lines) When you lock onto the enemy it appears that you get two choice, either attack constantly as fast as your character can, or attack by pressing the attack button. You'll have the ability to attack when your ATB bar fills and then you can select abilities. As for casting spells I'd assume you cut off the auto attack and select a spell.

The battle is here for download in one of the old WLA threads that have sunk down. But it's by TOKE if you go looking for it. Actually, I also remember the boss fight with an undead guy come to think of it. Maybe I could try and post them here: *tries* Oh and this is TOKE's work not mine.

Nope... wouldn't work.

A Real Guitar Demon Tom Morello's Avatar

Yes I do get what you're saying, and you are completely wrong... in fact your soooo wrong it hurts my brain... which is -1000 points right there. Plus reviving a 4 month old thread nets you another -4000 points.

So yeah... do you know what an active time battle is? I'll just use FF7 as an example. Let's say Cloud's bar is filled, which means he can choose a command, you can sit there for a while, thinking of what to do, but suddenly Tifa's bar fills, now EITHER person can make a move, so even though it was supposed to be Cloud's turn, Tifa can go, and then Cloud finally makes up his mind and goes right after her. The game would NEVER skip your turn altogether (as you were saying). Basically, if it's someone else's turn, and your turn comes, you need not wait for them, you can go as they are deciding what to do, even though they are the one who's bar filled up faster...

I hope everyone actually knows what ATB is know... cause that's just sad...
    I used to have one... but it was erased... *sigh*

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

*raises hand and shouts out the answer*

ACTIVE TIME BAR!