Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fighter-less parties!

Default Fighter-less parties!

Jeez, its like we all depend on our lovable, 1 INT character! I know i do, my Fi/Th/Wm/Bm would be far weaker without him (Its also quite prominent when he gets rubbed and I have to fight) He's nigh-invisible (Other than spells he never takes more than 20 damage,and out of his 400+ hp gauge (I'm level 20 or so) tis hardly a fleshwound.) And he also squashes stuff REALLY easily...

I'm gonna try some fighter-less party right after I finish this one, thats for sure, hopefully it will give a better challenge, maybe something like Rm/BB/Wm/Bm or something?
    Newb's Weekly Simpson Quotes!

Herb:Whenever I see your face, I just wanna sock you.
    Homer: Could you at least kick me in the ass in the house?
    Herb:I can't make any promises.

I don't know if it would be that much difficult than it is with your actual party. If you really want a challange with a less fighter party, try the one you already got, but kill the fighter at the very begining of the game. That would make the game a little bit harder.
    You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?
    wolfmah Heaven

chaotic neutral

I'm playing Thief/White Mage/Black Belt/Black Belt right now - my "unpopular party". I can tell you, it is the first time I try it without everyone's favourite sword-lover, and it is a challenge. No armour, so I have to put the Thief in the front row (has slightly more HP than the others at the start) and cast Invis on him in almost every battle. Of course, the lack of shiny swords is also a problem. The Thief is a runner, not a fighter. The White Mage doesn't like to hurt anyone, and the Black Belts are just starting to do any damage now, on level 9 and 10. I started exploring the Marsh Cave, but had to turn back after two floors because I ran out of spells (and Thiefs).
    On the other hand, this party will probably get very strong after class change, if they survive that long. I can't even survive near Pravoka Fingertip at my current level - Giants squash me like bugs.
    To do is to be. (Sokrates)
    To be is to do. (Sartre)
    Do be do be do. (Sinatra)

Blanky

I've played RM/RM/WM/BM before. It was rather easy though, nothing like some of the ones here you guys have been proposing.

Fighter's are necessary for a really good party, because they won't lose that much HP!
    I've beaten the game with a RW, BW, BW, WW party!
    This was fun, and after I reached Pravoka, it was pretty easy!(Ice Cave was hard indeed, but Lit2 burns everything(Wizards!!!)

TWO BB's?! Wow, either someone likes martial arts or they like to smash things good! Maybe 2 bb's can replace a fighter though...still they take a lot of damage..

Banned

Try RM/RM/BB/TH.

I dont like red mages that much...actually not much at all...and all that magic/swords/armor would be dreadful to buy.

Any good party must have a Fighter/Knight. It's like an unwritten rule. Thats all I have to say...

I like taking a no-fighter-team just so I don't have to stare at a figthers ugly mug through the world map.
    The Marlboro man died of cancer, and he wasn't a rocket scientist when he was alive, either.

This thread caused me to have an epiphany. I have yet to use a party in FF1 without a fighter. Next game I start up will be fighterless

On topic: Wow, fighters are that important, bacause they're are one of the few people who can take a lot of hits...

Off topic (not really, still related to ff1): Time to do some major overkilling.....

so far in my save state of Fi/Rm/Th/Wm

Garland: lv.15

Marsh cave (about to go to): level 2o something, possibly 30's.....

I laugh at the wizards!

wanna go no-fighter? well, if ya have some spare time (say a year or so) play a single WM party

Clyde Arrowny

Try a single thief party.
    Level 10 go for Garland
    Level 15 Pirates
    Level 25 Marsh Cave
    Level 40 Earth Cave
    Level 50 Everything Else
    ....At least the Exp. points quadruple...

chaotic neutral

Single parties are silly, they mess up the plot of the game. That one character will be called "the four" and "the light warriors" all the way through the game, and you'll have three corpses lying around in every battle. We are talking about parties that are still fun to play. It is a game, after all.
    TWO BB's?! Wow, either someone likes martial arts or they like to smash things good!
    Both, actually. I just got the Mystic Key last night, so I got everyone tooled up and on level 11. Astos killed one of the Black Belts, but he always gets someone. Lucky I'm not the resetting type, so I carried on and beat him.
    There is no unwritten rule forcing us to take fighters. Not everyone likes swords...
    Maybe 2 bb's can replace a fighter though...still they take a lot of damage..
    At this level, their defense is already better than the Thief's and the Healer's. I know, that is not difficult, but they seem to improve. Granted, my White Mage is very busy casting Invis and Cure all the time.