Thread: Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Default Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

ok this thing is driving me crazy how do get my coustom avatar to work please help me!!!

Profile>edit options> go down to the bottem of the page and 'change avatar'> Go down and browse for your custom avatar, it has to be 60x60 pixels and at most 5kb. When you click the ok button make sure you have the option box for custom avatar selected.

i did that and it keeps saying the uploaded file is not a valid gif and whatnot i did not make this so i dont know what to mybe there is something wrong with it

Attach it here and I can see what's wrong/fix it.

[URL=http://www.boomspeed.com/deathspoetry/vincent.gif[/img]

i think thats it

Works for me.
    You're uploading it from a file on your hd right, not that url?

Thief.

pssh
    I don't have a clue who vincent is, only that he's in FF7, and it's a hiddious avatar. x_X

gee thanks, think u could do better? it so go ahead

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, I also think it's not such a good avatar, the small ugly text and the blackness kinda ruin it.
    I took the liberty to crop some images and make 2 Vincent avatars you could possibly use if you want.

http://shoyku.homestead.com/files/vincy.gif

http://shoyku.homestead.com/files/vincy2.gif

Remember not to use the URL when you wanna upload avatars, you gotta upload them directly from your hard drive.

ok if you know you would know iam not very smart you said upload them from my hard drive well.... how do i do that? save them ro something

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

1) Click on a link that Shoyku provided.

2) Right-click on the picture and select "Save Picture As...". Make sure you remember which folder you saved it in.

3) Repeat steps 1 and 2 for the other link, if you so desire.

4) Go to your profile. (It's in the list of links at the top of most pages that says "Profile | Register | Calendar etc...".)

5) Go to "Edit Options". Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Avatar". Click on the button that says "Change Avatar".

6) When you get to a page with a bunch of avatars on it, scroll down to the bottom. You should see a text field with a "Browse..." button next to it. Click on that button.

7) Look for the avatar that you want to use. Click on it once, and press the "Open" button. In the text field, you should now see the path that shows the board where to get your avatar from. Don't touch that.

8) Press the "Submit Modifications" button at the bottom. If it takes you back to the "Edit Options" page, press "Submit Modifications" again. Now you're done. I hope that helped. =)

that made alot of stuff more clear for me but umm.. it always say the uploaded file is not a valid gif jpg and junk what now?

On IE there's an option to save it as a .bmp, make sure you're not doing that.

ok imade sure i was not doing that then i went to check it out and there is nothing it says vincy2 but no pictrue i whish i new what i was doing