Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *twacks hackers*

Default *twacks hackers*

Just recently my firewall (Zone Alarm) has been blocking LOTS of hackers, I'm talking maybe one every 5 minutes? When I first got it it blocked about 11 hack attempts and then an occasional one, but I'm getting worries with this now I'm getting them all the time!

Is there someway I could stop them from being able to find me so easily? It's becoming a pain and I'm starting to get alittle worried about my computer's safty.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Real hacks? What sort of hacking are you talking about?

Maybe not hackers, but people trying to access my computer. Zone Alarm says they're not a major threat but I'm still concerned.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Maybe try to set your Internet Zone Security to "High"? Supposely it sets you in stealth, which means that REAL hacking is prevented 99%. Everything else is just cookies and ads.

I tried that, but everytime I click 'high' it sort of goes back down to 'medium'... is something I'm doing stopping it letting me alter the settings?

Old version perhaps? Or maybe it's something with registration.

Could be, it's not Zone Alarm Pro, just the free one from the site, but before it allowed me to set it to high/medium or whatever. Would it be safe to get Zone Alarm Pro from KaZaA?

Newest version: 3.1.395
    Dunno how safe it would be to download the Pro version from KaZaA. It may as well contact the developer without giving you notice.

I just checked, 'high' setting is only availible in Zone Alarm Pro :/ and I got three alerts since my last post O_o

If you're not comfortable with Zone Alarm, you could try Tiny Personal Firewall. I think you should feel 'safe' though, because Zone Alarm tells you that it has blocked an intrusion. Try running Adaware a few times and feel as 'safe' as possible.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What exactly is it saying it's blocking?

I know ZoneAlarm alerts for a lot more than it really should be doing, and isn't one of my favourite firewalls
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

The attachment is the warning window.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unless you're on german dialup, I'd guess the computer at the other end is poorly configured, that's all, seeing as its NetBIOS that's being blocked
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Just because a computer is trying to access yours doesn't mean it's a hacker trying to break in actively. All kinds of screwy stuff goes on over the internet. Some hackers have programs that probe a bajillion IP addresses at random looking for weaknesses too. Doesn't mean someone's after you necessarily.

What's the best (free) firewall program? I use Tiny Personal Firewall.

thanks alot, that gives me some peace of mind ^_^ if I checked the 'don't show this again' box, would it stop warning me all the time, or just for netbios? *last question*