Thread: where can i learn flash?

Default where can i learn flash?

hey, i need to know a really good site where i can learn flash. if any of you could help me out here, that would be great! also, can i do flash with knowing only html and not java or anything else? thanks!

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Try the built in tutorials in the help menu in Flash, they're not that bad for basics

You don't need to know any other prorgamming languages to use Flash, unless you want to do complex stuff, then you'll have to learn Flash's own ActionScript anyway, which is kind of similar to JavaScript (not Java).
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I knew nothing about Flash before I decided to use the built in tutorials. They helped me a great deal, and I can now produce some reasonable flash work.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

A good website where you can learn Flash is:
    FlashKit.com

There is a link for "Tutorials" in the top panel. You can also check out a ton of open source flash movies from that site as well. Open source flash movies are good because you can see how they work...which is probably the best way of learning.

The site is very good, assuming that you know some of the Flash basics. Like Rainecloud said, you should use the built-in tutorials to learn the basics and go from there.
    - DarkCloud

"The gate to tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness of the depths of the earth." - Vincent Valentine, Final Fantasy VII