Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mastering jobs

Default mastering jobs

wut's the best way to master jobs in the beginning of the game and which jobs are the ones dat r the most important for most of the game?

bluemage until you learn BLUE (not mastering it)

just have your characters learn black, white magic and knight.( you ll need knight mastered later)

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Finish off Red mage later in the game if you're a magic-using type person, since the X-Magic will let you double up almost any spell in one turn, if the character has X-Magic and that other spell class set Then with Quick learned also (Time Magic), you can cast 5 spells in one turn (in addition to Quick) using X-Magic - even summon Leviathan or Bahamut 5 times in a row provided you have enough MP

The reason why I said Red Mage later in the game though is because of the huge amount of AP needed to get the last level, which is easier towards the end of the game rather than early on
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Let's see what happens... DCI Superfan's Avatar

Make your characters monks so they can learn Brawl. Then make one character a Blue Mage, and give him Brawl, so he can hit HARD with his fists. Then once you get Red Mage, give them all Brawl. Talk about a death squad. :evilking:

DCI Forever!!

yeh... monks are cool

Best Jobs To Have Mastered:

Knight: Fairly decent vitatlity bonus, plus you get cover for weakened characters.

Monk: Highest Strength and Vitality, and a not too shabby HP bonus, either.

Samurai: Allows you to evade more attacks.

Thief: Gives you a ton of useful out of battle abilities, and the highest speed bonus in battle.

Ninja: Equip a weapon in each hand, and only a few points shy of a thief's speed bonus.

Beserker: Highest HP rating, I believe

Geomancer: Masters very quickly, gives you a great set of useful out of battle abilities, and the same magic bonus as a blue mage.

Black Mage: A few points shy of a Summoner's magic bonus, and the highest MP Bonus.

Summoner: Highest Magic bonus.

Mystic Knight: Gives you Magic Barrier when weakened.

There was a thread posted by Marak a ways back that explained the best jobs to master in a bit more detail than my stupid little 5 minute list, but I guess this'll do for now.

ZaphierDarkheart: *works on new kiss ass character*
    Angered Roach: kiss ass?
    ZaphierDarkheart: ...kick
    ZaphierDarkheart: kick ass...

I don't know if anyone else does this, but I assign a specific set of jobs to each of my characters for them to master, excluding Mime.
    I know it's dangerous, but think of the experience points!

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I do the same as Fuzzball, myself. As for levelling the job classes up, I take care of a majority of it in the basement of Baal Castle, was it?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

I was the loser that had everyone master everything but I think the best thing to do at the begining is make sure that you spread out the type of jobs you're learning among your party members - for example, don't have four mages at once to start, you'll probably get killed. I generally do two and two - two members will concentrate on physical attack jobs, while the other two will work on magically powerful jobs, then switch. It balences out your party well, so that soon you have characters which are strong as both fighters and mages - hence the true greatness of the FF5 job system.

ME myself i like.

Butz:Knight/Mystic Knight

Reina:Time mage/White mage

Galuf/Krile: Monk/Summoner
    *then i changed the monk part to* Blue Mage

Faris:Samuri/Black mage

Thats the jobs i like and wat guys i like them as.

I'm Magus!

Take the test,

Brought to you by Shuffle or Boogie

I advise having everyone learn Brawl because Brawl allows 2 fairly strong physical hits per person per turn.

In Bal/Baal Castle's basement, use Level 5 Doom or Soft to easily defeat the statues. I advocate using mega JP codes.

-EE

Originally posted by Angered Roach
    There was a thread posted by Marak a ways back that explained the best jobs to master in a bit more detail than my stupid little 5 minute list, but I guess this'll do for now.
    I went back to try to find that thread a month ago and it seems to have been deleted. I remembered a post in which I linked to it, and the link said "Thread could not be found" after I clicked it. I cried, as I never bothered to save the list, and it was insanely useful. Hopefully someone else has it... as for why it disappeared, I have no idea.

Peace
    Aaron
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

I remember that Marak's job analysis. It's a pretty good one. As mentioned here, I'd get Monk's Brawl as soon as possible, because that lets you use those physically weaker characters with excellent strangth. I always get Thief's Dash quite soon for one character, so I can get through places faster (not as necessary in PSX, because that has the added dash feature).

Anyway, here's that job analysis thing, written by Marak.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryûkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryûkishi

Sweet. Thanks, Seph. ;D
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I happen to get "Learning" fairly early, because I usually don't cast much Blue magic early in the game, but that way I can pick up spells for later.
    Grab the opportunities life hands you, that's my motto!