2 3.77%
  • Ayla

2 3.77%
  • Magus

22 41.51%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Character? (CT)

Default Favorite Character? (CT)

Who was your favorite character in Chrono Trigger?

I'd have to say Frog.

First off, he just plain looked cool. I think it was the hooded cape thing.

Second, he was useful in battle pretty much all the time(Okay, his magic sucks towards the end if you don't shove a billion tabs down his throat, but still.)

He had quite a nice story. I thought it was kinda neat to see a non-main character get as much spotlight as Frog got, what with being the legendary hero and all.

He had one of my favorite RPG elements attributed to him...Weapons and other equipment with a fair amount of story!

And finally, he had one of my favorite character themes in the whole game.

ZaphierDarkheart: *works on new kiss ass character*
    Angered Roach: kiss ass?
    ZaphierDarkheart: ...kick
    ZaphierDarkheart: kick ass...

For me, it's a tie between Frog and Robo.

Frog was awesome. No character had better character development than Frog. Besides personality, he was very good in battle; with the Hero Medal and Masamune, no other character had physical attacks as strong as Frog.

Robo also had good character development. He had a lot of personality for a robot. In battle, I think Robo was the best all-around character in battle. He had strong physical attacks, high HP, strong defense, and pretty good techs. Laser spin and Heal Beam were lifesavers when I first got them. I probably used Robo in my party more than any other character (besides Crono, of course). When I got the choice, I always put Robo in the lead of the party, because I love the way he runs.

I voted for Robo, because I always vote for Frog in these favorite CT charater polls, and I wanted to do somthing different.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Ayla for me. Immensely powerful, some of the best techs (especially Charm in the Black Omen), funny as hell and I just really liked her plotline...

I have one question though... how on earth does she get her bikini wax done so well?!?!
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

Magus......

When I first saw his name in the game, waaay before I saw HIM....I went...."I Bet He's Gonna be Cool and Strong as Hell!"

He whopped Cyrus and Hes too Cool for School.....:magus:

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

YOU RETARDED FOOL!!!! YOU SPELLED HIS NAME WRONG LIKE EVERY OTHER FOOL! IT IS CRONO!!!! CRONO YOU FREAKS! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?!!?!??!?!?! YOU CAN'T SPELL OR SOMETHING.

*has a sudden heart attack*
    *dies*

Articles

I choose Crono because its kind of like you the character is taking on the persona or so of Crono knowing that he never says anything and usually just nods or shakes his head for approvals and disapprovals. He was an extremely excellent character in the fight too.

Magus is a close second, follwed by Frog.

Magus

Me, too, Magus. :mog:

Magus, Magus, Magus, Magus, Magus, Magus... and Magus. Yup. Magus.

Magus wins! :o

My fave's Glenn, for several reasons.

1.) When you first run into him, he just has the aura of mystery about him that only Magus seems to contend with.

2.) He's weak magically, but if he has some of the best TECHS in the game (that's techs, the non-star moves). I know some people will argue that Ayla has the best techs, but her most powerful techs are very expensive on mana. A Gold Stud would remedy it, but Ayla with a Gold Stud is almost an insult compared to Ayla with Prism Specs.
    Glenn, Meanwhile, possesses some decent power for relatively low mana cost. Leap Slash is overkill by itself, but with Dual Techs such as Spire and Red Pin it deals a fair amount of damage for a reasonable amount of mana. And Double Cure is downright awesome. It heals the entire team more or less entirely for almost no mana.

Hint for Newbs going after Lavos for the first time: If you stick a Gold Stud on Nadia (Marle) and a Silver Stud on Glenn (Frog), then just keep casting Double Cure over and over again while Crono wails on Lavos with Rainbow, you'd have to be pretty weak to lose. On subsequent runs with New Game+ you can get additional Gold Studs thus making your Double Cures never ending.

3.) Aside from Ayla and Magus he's actually pretty swift, and he has the advantage of physical strength over Magus and cheap (mana-wise) techs over Ayla.

4.) His story line rocks, his speech pattern rocks (I irritate my friends by speaking the same way Glenn does), and his main weapon is the Masamune. You just can't argue with a weapon that is powerful against so many enemies. Magus, Zeal, The Mammon Machine, Lavos. All of the "major" bosses, the Masamune beats their fat nazi butts into the ground.

5.) Theme Music. Aside from maybe Robo, he has by far the coolest Theme Song.

6.) He gets married to Leene! That makes him Nadia's Great-times-ten-Grandfather! EW!

I'm not saying that what I'm saying is right. I know that many people will say Magus is better for sheer power and speed, Ayla is better for the same reason (plus charm), but this is just my OPINION. I'm not trying to jam this down anyones throat. If you feel a desire to disagree with me, go right ahead
    "Cyrus, this be our finest battle."

CRONO RULES!
    He never says a word, even when the time is critical. He's not saying stupid things that way. And he rocks! Confuse and Luminaire and the most destructive spells plus his Rainbow Sword has a 70% chance to do a critical hit.
    Give him a Nova Armor, Haste Helm and a Berserker and he's able to kill Lavos all alone at level 80!

Frog, he's the man.

Hint for Newbs going after Lavos for the first time: If you stick a Gold Stud on Nadia (Marle) and a Silver Stud on Glenn (Frog), then just keep casting Double Cure over and over again while Crono wails on Lavos with Rainbow, you'd have to be pretty weak to lose. On subsequent runs with New Game+ you can get additional Gold Studs thus making your Double Cures never ending.
    Actually, you can get as many gold studs as you want the first time through the game by charming creatures in the Black Omen.
    "Ozzie XIII: This village 0wnz your crappy Truce!
    Crono: He's talking l33t. Back... away... slowly... "
    - Five Minute Chrono Trigger

Find this and many other parodies at:
    The Five Minute Voyager Network

Yeah, that's true. I don't use Ayla much, so I don't use Charm much either as a result
    "Cyrus, this be our finest battle."