Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: is your PC good enough?

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

WHat i dont get is those score of 10,000+

I don't even know how thats possible.....

My comp is Pritty good but....Thats like DOUBLE!!!

Crazy score......

SECRET

My friend has hacked the first benchmark for the game. If you notice, this is like version 1.5 or something, but if you look at the other pictures with 10k+ they have the old version. I'm not sure if they put out the new version because you can hack into the old one and change the variables that determine your score or what. I know that if my processer speed is 500 mhz slower than the fastest, my graphics card is third best (right behind both the new ati and nvida 256's), and I have a gig of ram compared to someone who could have two, there isn't a possible way you could score that high.

I don't see the point of hacking it though, seeing as it's not going to change the way it'll turn out in the retailed game.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

My soft ware is really slow so ive been updating it little by little. all i need now is geoforce 4 and nivida 9.0 ill have them by friday then i ll have the recimended system reqiurements
    "In the end there can be only one...

Default well

YAY JUST GOT CABLE BACK TODAY

ermmm well some people just have no life thats why they would hack that junk, mostly for braggin rights, my friend brags alot, so thats why i think that

now im pissed!!! ive updated all of my soft ware i have every thing for the recemended system requirements and the benchtest still wont work!!!!
    it gives me the same message about Direct 3D %&48% or some crap like that when i just spent the last half hour downloading direct x and this piece of crap computer dtill wont work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:
    "In the end there can be only one...

I've got a
    AMD athlon 1.7
    512ddr
    geforce4200ti 64meg ddr
    40gig 7200 rpm
    am i ok? or will i get crappy performance?

also another question hehe, where can i get this test or whatever you guys are talking about?

I just took the test and I got 1826 , is that any good? It seems kind of low since I got a knew laptop only a week ago.

These are my specs:Sony Vaio
    Pentium 4
    2.8 GHz
    512 MB
    Radeon, but I don't know what series it is.

Is there any way to improve your score?
    "To the victor go the spoils"

I'm Crono!

Take the test,

Brought to you by Shuffle or Boogie

Sorry, not much you can do about it, maybe you could upgrade the RAM, but it all depends. It isn't a wise choice t play games, expecially MMORPG's, on notebooks, they just aren't suited for it. And yes that's a low score, but I'd probably get 500 on the laptop I'm using, I can barely run N64 roms! ~_^

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I took the test again and my score increased to 2007. Well as long as I can play it it's fine. Besides graphics aren't important, it's the game and the story that is important. Just like Chrono Trigger showed us.

I'm Crono!

Take the test,

Yes, that's true. But if you can get a good computer or have one, there's nothing wrong with endulging yourself with some great eye candy. xD

Well that is true. I guess I'll have to save up some money in order to buy a better PC. In the meanwhile this is just fine.

I'm Crono!

Take the test,

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

Hey Crono9051 it could just be that the Video Card in that Laptop isnt that Great....

I know that the 2 things that have affected me and my friends scores are our Video Cards and our Motherboards.....

So check if that laptop has a good Video Card....If it does then the Motheboard for Laptops must just not be well suited for FFXI

im in need of help badly i forgot my score....brb

ok i got oh no.......way lower then last night on low res i got about 1140 ok.....it was goign fine until that last scene with all the tarus then it went to ish.

heres what i haev in omy pc

pentium 4 - 1.5 ghs
    256 mb RD ram
    60 Gig ultra DMA harddrive
    nvidia gforce2 32MB mx 200 with 32 mb sd ram
    8x4x32 burner

ok thast the junk i have
    i was gonan upgrade my ram to about 640 or a gig (which is what it looks like im gonan do)

and i was gonna change my vid card to a gforce4 128mb

but shoudl i change to a radeon 9800 or an fx instead (which vid cards are the best in order)

thanks, please respond soon, cause i have to purchase

my harddrive fits the requiremenst for the reccomended but do u think its all good

im also using windows me but i haev a botleg xp office edition that i mgiht be abel to stick on....so what od you think?
    A beautiful sight...a river of red flows...a heart beat slows...
    ...be happy