Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: is your PC good enough?

so i turned off all of my programs and ran it again in low res and got 1258 whihc is what i got yesterday about.....high res just shut it off towards the end
    A beautiful sight...a river of red flows...a heart beat slows...
    ...be happy

yes, you should definetly get a new video card, if you think that this FFXI is the only game you are going to play with for a whille, then i would go with a radeon 9700 pro 128 mb, they are lots cheaper than the 9800, and the 9800 128 scores a few FPS higher than the 9700 pro. It is going to be quite a while until you are going to need the raw power of the 9800 Pro 256, but if you wanna go the eventually cheap route, buy the 9800 pro 256 now, it'll be bout 200 dollars more than a 9700 pro, but if u buy 9700 then you will have to wait for the 9800 pro to get down to 200 dollars if you don't wanna spend more money then it would have initially took to get the 9800 256. So the best option to do is get yourself a 9800 pro 256, and jolt your ram up to a gig whenever. The 9800 pro should boost your performance quite a bit. Oh, and Crono9051, you are just the person i was looking for. Can you please tell me how to get a n64 emulator, and games. Do you know of a PS2 emulator that works, i dun care bout games for that, i'll go rent them.

doe sosmeoenw ant to help me put an image under my name???.........
    ...be happy

thanks for the help dude....but how much better is the 9800.. wpretty much with the 9700 will i be abel to play in high res, with environmental effects on, or will the 9800 make it deff that ill ahev very slight slow down if any?
    ...be happy

I'm playing the Beta right now and I've had no problems as far as lag or performance loss.. Here's my comp spec [custom built]

Pentium4 2.53 GHz
    1 GB DDR 2700 [with heatsink]
    GeForce4 Ti 4200 128MB
    Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer
    80 GB Western Digital 7200 prm
    Aluminum casing
    17' Flat Screen MAG monitor
    2.1 Altec Lansing w/ subwoofer

connection:
    Cable modem

doe sosmeoenw ant to help me put an image under my name???.........
    I'm guessing what you mean is under you posts and not under your name since you allready have one there.

Vist this url and it should tell just how to do it...

http://www.shadowsofnamek.com/forum/sigtutorial.html

Hey FiragO I don't know where to get emulators so I asked around."But I do know that Project64 and Nemu64 are the best emulators for N64 on the net, and they're real easy to find, just search in google.com." from Mojo Pin. He also say's that as for the roms you should search in programs like Kazaa Lite. Hopefully this will help you. Oh and thanks Mojo.
    "To the victor go the spoils"

I'm Crono!

Take the test,

Brought to you by Shuffle or Boogie

thx very much crono, i will be looking out for those. I wish i could find a decent ps2 emulator though. That would be awesome. Loui, you should probably update your video card. It may be a 128 mb card, but that just mostly deals with colors and certain other aspects of the game. When your looking at the amount of memory a card comes with it just means that the higher it is then the more crisp and nice looking the game will look. So a 256 would look very nice and the higher you get with memory, the less work the rest of your system has to do towards graphics. Yes, the 9700 pro would be able to play games just as well as the 9800 pro, but eventually you will need a new card anyways, so might as well get the best so you can enjoy new games right away and as soon as they hit market.

yea...actually i did mean under my name but then i found out how to do it and auytomatically it added the picture on all of my past posts as well as my new ones........oh welp thanks
    ...be happy

Does anyone know what's the minimum score needed to play FFXI on high resolution?

I'm Crono!

Take the test,

Hey, Mojo Pin here. I think the minimun score needed to play on high res would be around 6000. I'm just guessing though, luckily for me I'm getting the Radeon 9800 XT, which is comming out next month; it's an upgrade from the 9800 256mb Pro.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Are you sure it's 6000 and not 600? 1000 is the requirement for low res and my highest score for high resolution was 903.

I'm Crono!

Take the test,

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your wrong dude look ont he web site to egt the information.
    ...be happy

Yeah, as I said I wasn't sure. I think on low res it's 2000, but if you want high res to play smoothly then you'll need a higher score.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Default 10,000+ score!? BS!!

Am i mistaken or no? I read a reply some where up there says he got a score of 10,000+ on his machine...

I only got a 2600 (HIGH-RES) on mine with the spec of:

P4 2.8ghz
    1g DDR RAM
    80g IBM HD 7200
    Asus GeForce4 Ti4800 SE (better than FX5600 by X times)
    Asus MB P4S8X-X

now, back to that 10,000+ score.. BS?!