Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: is your PC good enough?

Alright, I got 1590, will I be able to run FFXI with 640x800 smoothly?? ( If theres that option )
    This is my system ( I'm 13 so I don't have money to spend on upgrading. Funny thing is, I've upgraded my computer with my OWN MONEY )

Windows ME
    GeForce 4 AGP 8X MX 440 ( Power by Gainword )
    With 64 video MB
    256 SDRam
    850 MHz ADM Duron
    Altec Lansing Speakers

Thats about all I know about my computer.
    One question...
    How do you set the Bench to "Lower Resolutions"
    Cause' you guys were talking about getting a score on high res, and on low res...
    Thanks

Ohh yah! Also my computer is a Compaq Presario 5000.
    I don't know if that will be of any importance...
    Again my computer stuff is:

GeForce4 MX 440
    256 SD-RAM
    850 MHz ADM Duron Processor
    56k Modem :riiight:
    ( I dunno what this is but )
    10/100 Mb PCI NIC
    SAMTRON 17'inch Monitor
    ALTEC Lansing Speakers
    YAMAHA PCI Audio YMF724 Sound card

So do you think I might be-able to run it, my score was 1590, and please tell me how to put it in Hi-Res and Low-res... Cause' when I got my score if it was in Hi or Low resolutions.
    There came a knocking at my door...
    I grabbed my gun... I was OUT4WAR!!

the 10/100mb PCI NIC is a network card so you can use high speed internet like DSL, and Cable. You might be able to run the game you have enough memory and the video card will work. for the low res and high res stuff i don't know much about cause i run a GeForce FX5200 Ultra and it works great with it. so i have my graphics maxed out and it doesn't slow down with lag or anything. now your processor is well fast enough according to the box. if you wanna spend a tiny bit of cash you could get AMD Duron at 1.0 ghz or something and that would help the game run better or an extra stick of 256mb SD Ram PC133 would also help. I never did do the score thing cause i didn't have to. It might work but what you should probably do is after you install the game under Start -> programs -> PlayOnline -> Final Fantasy XI config is a bunch of graphical options, you might want to set them all to low. and the 56K is gonna suck at downloading the patch. It took me 2 nights of leaving my PC on. but it MIGHT work.
    How I mine for fish!?

Which FF Character Are You?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I'm running the game fine with a score of 2996.

Actually the AMD Duron is a socket A processor just like the Athlon and Athlon XP models. So, you could get like a 1.2 ghz Athlon or Athlon XP and that would be better than a Duron cause you'd have more FSB.
    How I mine for fish!?

It doesnt work for me. I click on it, it loads for a second and nothing happens.

What are the system requirements.( i know they proably been posted a million times ,but im new.

I wasnt able to get the benchtest to work.

My specs
    192 mb of ram
    pentium three processor
    windows 98 soon to be xp
    nvidia riva tnt pro soon to be a raedon 9600 pro

32 meg card baby and it runs like a dream!

its probably the NVidia Riva video card. I don't know for sure but the box says and i quote from the all mighty bottom of the box on this "NVidia GeForce series graphics processing unit with 32 MB or ATI Radeon 9000 graphics card (AGP)". that could be it right there. a Radeon 9600 will work perfectly.
    Though I think you should get a Radeon 9600 XT . I'd get that i mean it was on the Tech TV top 20 gifts.
    How I mine for fish!?

2439 i got
    "Shoot me again I an't dead yet"- St. Anger

at 1024 x 768 i got 3218...i can run it good right?
    Geforce 4 mx 440
    15" LCD
    ......BLAH.....

I can't play it. I bough it and I signed up to step four, I asked my Mom if she could do the credit card thing, and she said NO.
    Because it's billing!!!!
    Sigh, and now I can't returne it so
    I got $100 from my grandma early cause' she goes to my aunts for christmas and she wont be here to give me my gift to she gave it to me early and I just wasted $85!!!! (Remeber I'm Only 13)

*Sigh* It's taunting me cause' it's sitting on my dest, collecting dust AND ITS FF XI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:grr: :grr: :grr: :grr: :grr:
    There came a knocking at my door...
    I grabbed my gun... I was OUT4WAR!!

Thats jacked. If you bought the game then you should be able to play it. explain to your mom that you bought it and you should get to play it. You get a free month so she should let you have that atleast. You do have to give them credit card information. Another thing is when i sighned up for my FFXI content ID they told me it was only going to be like $4.35, which is strange cause it should be 12.95. If you're going to pay to play with your own cash she should let you play. And its not fair that you bought a game you can't use. You should have told your mom that it required a credit card ahead of time, so she could decide if she would "let" you play or not.
    How I mine for fish!?

Yeah you probably should have told your mum in the first place that it required a credit card, if you're still having troubels just explain to her that you get a free month and then tell her that you will pay for the next month or something. It'll be alright.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

i scored 4143 on my laptop

specs:

Dell Inspiron 8500
    2.4 GHz P-4M
    64mb GeForce4 go 4200
    40 gig HDD
    512 mb RAM

does anyone know if thats good enough to play this game? because i dont wanna buy it if its not gonna run good