Thread: Image/Picture viewer

Default Image/Picture viewer

I'm thinking about ditching Microsoft Photo Editor and using another program to view my images. I already have Photoshop but it takes too long to load the first time, so... any suggestions?

Mask-stealing Moogle MoogleRush's Avatar

It's only for viewing images right?

There's ACDSee and IrfanView. There's another one but I can't remember the name. ACDSee is not freeware while IrfanView is.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Paint Shop Pro is nice for editing and whatnot. If you want something that just views, ACDSee is pretty good, yeah. There are programs that are just viewers that're designed to do nothing but open pictures really fast. http://www.download.com has some.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

You can also use IE to view pictures. Just go to a picture, right-click, and tell it to open in IE. It can't edit, of course, but it's a good viewer if that's all you want.

Originally posted by Skye-chan
    You can also use IE to view pictures. Just go to a picture, right-click, and tell it to open in IE. It can't edit, of course, but it's a good viewer if that's all you want.
    That's what I've always done. You see, my computer really sucks, so I am forced to find the ghetto way around doing things. I have enough time to go make a meal for myself in between my clicking on the PSP icon and the program actually opening for me, so IE suits me just fine. Until it crashes.

I have Windows 98 and it allows me to preview images in any folder without even having to open any programs. When you're in a folder, just go to View >> as a Webpage, and select it. You'll be able to see a mini-version of your image simply by clicking on it. This works better for smaller images though. I'd imagine it really shrinks wallpapers and stuff down bad.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I dig ACDSee a lot. You could probably find a crack on KaZaA or something. I recommend version 3 over 4.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to use ACDSee, but it bugs me. IrfanView is much better.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Well, I went ahead and downloaded IrfanView since it's free, and it's not bad. I like it a lot. Thanks guys!

Oh, and I did set my picture default to IE for a while, but it got annoying for other files like .png and the works.