Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opinion about the end...SPOILERS!!!

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Ok, first off Nanaki isn't a tiger.
    Second, isn't the city Midgar, I haven't seen it for a while?
    Third, I doubt Holy would be selective, if it decided some humans were bad, then the species in general has the potential for it, it would therefore be best removed.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Everything has the potential for bad. Most are good, however.

It seems shocking to me that Holy would destroy a whole race for the acts of a few. Which is why I doubt humanity was killed.

Emotion Sickness

Originally posted by vincent06
    i dont think that anything was destroyed except shinra. i mean, for everyting to die would just be pointless. the scene with nanaki was just showing how everything eventually turned out 200 years later, scince he would be the only one still alive having such a long lifespan. notice the city in the back ground..i dont think tigers have aposable thumbs so they couldnt have built that. besides, at the end the lifestream helps despel meteor with holy, so i doubt anybody except shin ra employees died. i dont think squaresoft is capable of creating a stupid ending such as one where the main charachters die.- but thats just me
    1. Nanaki isn't a tiger
    2. That city is midgar
    3. It's 500 years

Why does everything have potential for bad? I don't see how non sentient creatures can be evil. I don't think Nanaki's race seemed that evil. The Cetra weren't evil, or whatever Bugenhagen was.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Ok, let me rephrase for the picky people out there: all sentient creatures have the potential for bad.
    They might not BE evil, but they have the potential to DO evil. The Cetra could have taken over the world easily. That's potential. They didn't, and most probably wouldn't, but they still have the ability.

Meteor didn't destroy anything outside midgar. Right before the end it was directly above midgar. Its purpose is to make the planet another crater, just a tad bit bigger though. If it sucseeded, u wouldn't see midgar there, it would probably look more like mideel; a giant hole. Holy itself could have done one of four things

A) Decided everything on the planet was bad and fused with meteor to destroy all life not beneficial intsead of taking out the planet. (least likely)

or B) Let the lifestream decide who lived/died when it came out in the flashy ending sequence

or C) Didn't take any life as meteor busted through holy but weakened it to a point where the lifestream itself stopped it.

or D) Didn't take any life except midgar's main structure and exceptionally evil people.

No matter what, midgar would have been destroyed as a city and left in ruins by the suction/twisters that rained down upon it, but you'd think some people would have survived. It's impossible to tell what gets killed by Holy, because it was never stated how it works. as it passes through the planet, it could be formed by taking something from every living thing. If there's good intentions and the being lives in a way the planet isn't harmed by, it could take that goodness a nd form it into energy, if no good rests in a heart, It takes what it can, and in the process said being dies. Just a theory for selectiveness.

And now for something completely different
    :chop:
    Smilies are great
    Last edited by Pyro Force; 03-04-2003 at 10:19 PM.

Yes sorry if seeing a difference between everything, and a very small percentage of things make me picky. It doesn't matter how good you are, what about you're children, or their children? The planet wouldn't see humans as special, if they're a threat they're a threat. Midgar came from humans, Sephiroth was human, no other 'good things' are vaguely big enough to balance it out even if the planet were to be judging.
    In fact I can only think of two places that really could count as pure good, Cosmo Canyon and Icicle Inn, both small, one not even really ran by humans.

u havnet got it havent u...
    as people are saying (not me) holy might pass by and leave the good hearted people with absolutely no bad in them, and the ones that are bad for the planet are killed, seph is not actually fully human, he is sort of half jenova (what eva she is) half human
    holy wouldnt have 'killed everything' it would leave atleast a few living creatures on earth that can maybe help repair the planet, and actually, it wouldnt have counted as "good" city and bad city probably just the people in the city
    all i have to say
    [img]www.boomspeed.com/fong/FF_Banner.jpg[/img]
    What You Want You Cant Have, What You Have You Dont Want...
    Then Hate What You Like, Then Youll Get It!!!

I haven't got haven't what?
    Holy wouldn't care about humanity! It isn't special, it's just another species. Midgar is a shining example of just how destructive humanity can be. Humanity had done nothing particularly good to save it.
    Holy's job is to sort harmful from not harmful. Humans as a species were harmful, if one person is good, somewhere down the line his offspring probably won't be. Mankind started just as harmless as anything else, it doesn't matter how often you reset the balance, it always leads to destruction.

I like to agree with the idea that humans died out. If they werent sucking the life out of the planet, the Shinra, then they were using their products, the Mako energy and such. Even AVALANCE killed people during their bombings, showing that humans are selfish.

As for the children's laughter at the end, do we see any children? Where would they live? I see it as the laughter of children dying out, as there is no more human children to laugh. Not all humans were bad, but they were lazy, as they originated from lazy Cetra, the ones who left for a less tiresome life.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Sephiroth, Shinra, and every other really evil person out there, is maybe 5% of the human population. Humans, Shinra, Sephiroth, were not threat enough to summon the Weapons, so why would they be threat enough to warrant complete destruction?

Just as every sentient being has the potential for evil, they all have the potential for an equal amount of good. It's just apalling to me to even think of Holy destroying the whole race because of the threat of a few.

then wtf do u call cloud huh and his group???
    [img]www.boomspeed.com/fong/FF_Banner.jpg[/img]
    What You Want You Cant Have, What You Have You Dont Want...
    Then Hate What You Like, Then Youll Get It!!!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Here's my view:
    Humanity survived. Cloud and co. weren't all fundamentlally 'good'; yet they survived being in direct contact with Holy, when it ejected the Highwind from the Crater. This indicates that Holy probably didn't annihilate the Human species.

Upper Midgar was destroyed, but the citizens survived in the slums. Afterward, Midgar was abandoned - it was a ruined city and a symbol of Shinra's tyranny and greed; why would anyone stay there? With the Mako reactors gone, plants could easily regrow - especially after 500 years.

Holy couldn't afford to muck around picking off the 'bad' people. It wasn't even strong enough to stop Meteor by itself; it only accomplished that because Aeris called forth the Lifestream to aid it.

Nanaki's kind weren't 'regenerated' by Holy or the Lifestream. Nanaki simply found his mate in the goodness of time. Both Hojo and Bugenhagen believed that there were no more of Nanaki's kind; but they couldn't be sure - it's not easy to prove a negative. Besides, we know Hojo was jeffed in the head and so his reasoning can't be trusted. Anyway, Bugenhagen once said to Nanaki, "You may even find your life's mate..." suggesting there was always hope.

The scene at the end, 500 years later, symbolises the return of life, prosperity and hope to a world that was dying under Shinra's brutality.

That's my opinion anyway.

So overall then what good did humanity do? Cloud and co did little, but try to stop other humans. Humans built Midgar, reactors, had wars. How exactly did they help the planet in any way? Some people didn't damage the planet but that hardly makes up for it.

How do I become a knight?

I'm sure if humans actually did survive Holy then Midgar would be populated...as can be seen from the FMV, the only creatures there are Nanaki's race.