Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opinion about the end...SPOILERS!!!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

What good did humans do? What exactly would you define as "good?"

Midgar be repopulated? It was completely and utterly destroyed. Maybe the humans left it there as a symbol of what can happen when power hungry bastards get control.

Ok, one last time: Humanity, you believe, warrants complete destruction. Why, then, were the Weapons not summoned to destroy them? Humans were a harm unto themselves, not the Planet. They only harmed the Planet when they started using mako reactors, but they were all destroyed. They aren't a total threat to the Planet now.

How do I become a knight?

Hmm.......sounds iffy......even if it were true, it does seem a little odd the FMV should only show Nanaki's race. My suggestion would be that if humans continued to survive, they would be shown in the FMV somewhere

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

Define good? Well beneficial enough to make humanity seem vaguely worth keeping after the immense destruction it caused.
    Weapons jobs are to protect the planet in emergencies, they're the army not the police. Holy is the one deciding good from bad. Anyway, I said specifically I don't think humanity was wiped out.
    Okay, do you think humanity was a total threat when it first evolved, no. But look what it became. The planet has seen this, from start to finish, it knows the score.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

thelynchpin: you're basing your whole theory on an FMV sequence at the end of the game?

Phoenix: How do you think Holy decides between good and bad?

Weapons were there to destroy threats to the Planet. If humans were such a threat to the Planet, the Weapons would have been summoned to destroy them.

Finally: Humanity is not a threat. Individual humans might BECOME threats, but humanity itself is far from a threat.

well, I'm pretty sure that Bugenhagen says the planet will judge what is worth keeping and not worth keeping on the return to City of the Ancients. I can't see any other way of this than Holy deciding on behalf of the planet.

Humanity aren't as big a threat as meteor, but that's not what Holy does.
    If you don't think humans are a problem. What do you call the reactors across the planet sucking it's life out? Even Wutai, isolated from the reactors is still a haven of war and thievery. Do I even need to talk about Midgar?
    I think Holy decides good as hasn't damaged the planet as much as it has benefitted it. Bad as the opposite of this.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Midgar was destroyed, Shinra destroyed, the mako reactors destroyed(before Meteor hit)...so what's left? Everything major was destroyed either before Meteor hit, or when Holy came. What's left?

Also, what's that about Wutai? War and thievery? It was in a war decades before the game begins, and Yuffie, one person from there, is a thief. Is that what you're basing it on?

I get the impression that Yuffie's father, Godo, is a thief too.......he encouages her to take the materia

We're discussing a planet, not a goldfish. It's been around for millenia, it has witnessed the destruction humanity has caused. Decades mean nothing to a planet. Just because for now humanities sucking the life out of the planet has been stopped by a part human trying to blow a hole in it doesn't mean it's gonna forgive and forget.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Destruction humanity has caused? The ONLY destruction is mako reactors. They were a fairly recent thing, and were destroyed within a couple of decades. The company that made them was destroyed.

It sounds like cold-blooded murdering for me for Holy to wipe out humans on such a small chance.

When humans had the mako reactors, they posed a small threats. HUMANs fixed the problem. So now that the threat is ended, THEN Holy decides to destroy humanity? Why not just leave humans to fix human problems?

You still haven't explained one thing: How does Holy decide what's good and bad? What's your definition of "evil" that ALL humans meet, since you seem to think Holy killed every human being on the Planet.

I've said several times that I don't think humanity was wiped out.
    Humans did not fix the problem, Diamond Weapon, Holy and Meteor fixed the problem. So really after clearing up the humans mess, the planet would be a bit annoyed.
    Again I've explained how I think Holy decides, if something has done much more to harm the planet than it has done to benefit it then it counts as bad.
    It isn't murder, unless you are REALLY eco-friendly. Would you consider it murder to get rid of head lice? That's exactly the same thing. Humans aren't special to the planet, just tiny little destructive creatures sucking the life out of it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Where did you say that you think humanity wasn't destroyed?

And, Cloud and co. fixed most of the problem. The Weapons didn't help out much at all.

I've said it several of my posts.

What game are you playing? In what way did Cloud and Co. fix most of the problem?

What some of you are saying doesn't really add up. Holy Could of destroyed all of humanity in a second as bungenhagen said It makes everything bad for the planet dissapear but it tried to stop meteor since that was a bigger threat it didn't try to help it obviously since that would destroy the planet so it was over powered and the planted released the lifestream to help it and together they destroyed the meteor with lots of people watching for Kalm. If holy was really trying to destroy humanity these people wouldn't be there. And dont you think that humanity summoning holy would outway a decade or two of one city sucking some life out of the planet. And before you say it aeris is half human.
    Word/s.

It was the Cetra half of Aeris that knew to summon Holy. Even then I'm not sure it really makes up for it, it was only half a human's good deed against entire corporations and armies. Depending what you believe, it was a human that summoned meteor in the first place.
    If you don't then that's a pretty good arguement.