Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Opinion about the end...SPOILERS!!!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

[q=Phoenix 17]In what way did Cloud and Co. fix most of the problem?
    [/q]
    They killed Jenova, killed Sephiroth (three times) and released Holy from its confinement in doing so. That probably counts as fixing most of the problem.
    If Holy was going to kill ALL Humans, it would've started with Cloud and Co, yet as I've said they were closer to Holy than anyone else and weren't affected in the least. Holy would not annihilate an entire species just because a few of them weren't terribly nice. That kind of rampant destruction would make it little better than Meteor. Bugenhagen said that "all that is bad will disappear..." The humans in FFVII aren't funadamentally 'bad' or 'evil'. Even some of Shinra's top executives were merely misguided and naive, rather than 'evil'. It's their creations - such as Mako reactors - which were causing true harm to the Planet.
    Anyway, here's something to think about... Red XIII killed a lot of people and monsters during the fight against Shinra and Sephiroth. That could be considered 'evil', yet we know that he survived.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

We were talking about Shinra, not meteor, I know they helped stop meteor.

I still think Holy would wipe none or all of a species.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Well, AVALANCHE destroyed some mako reactors in Midgar, kept the rest of the world's reactors from being in use, and then stopped Hojo from from sucking up too much mako for that cannon.

Phoenix: I agree with your last post completely. Either Holy wiped out all humanity, or it didn't.

Someone(too lazy to look) brought up a good point...Holy was summoned, but the humans weren't effected directly by its presence...if Holy truly intended to wipe everyone out, wouldn't you have seen some sign of it?

They regretted blowing up the reactors, and it was Diamond that shut down Shinra. Hojo's a good point though.

You agree? Well that's all I've been saying... I think something's been confused somewhere.

How do I become a knight?

I agree about the pont that Holy would wipe out all or nothing of a species. It would be too complicated to pick and choose every individual, but it would make sense about judging a whole species. Also, Bugenhagen, on the return to the City of the Ancients, he says something like the Planet can decide what lives or not when the time comes, and goes on to say Weapons would be destroyed, along with maybe humans. I know this could mean 'some' humans, but I believe it to mean ALL humans (or no humans).

GOOD LORD, hasnt this brought out the thinking caps of all you out there!

Wow, you know, I never really thought about it, because the ending, lets be honest, is very vague, and I HATE THAT!! I am a man of definate endings, but I digress.....

Red 13 said that holy didnt help, it was cast too late. So all those of you who said that holy will only kill every third person and also excludes (insert favorite character) is very wrong, holy only made it worse, and killed more folks off. It was lifestream, which started with cosmo candle in cosmo canyon (thats what it looked like anyway) that did somthing about it, but then again, isnt that sucking large amounts of lifestream, i.e. as sepherioth wanted in the first place? Aside from that, i duuno what would happen. I would like to assume that lifestram stopped the meteor, but i recon it would destroy Midgar and a large area around.

Showing Aeris at the end confused me, seemed no point really, but i guess it means all went well.

Or equally, because its the same shot as the start, maby, it symbolises the fact that time has reset again, aeris is the key to it all, and thus, a neverending story is born with all the mystical trimmings.

This gives me a very good excuse to play it again at any rate!!
    Muffins are the way forward

When did Nanaki say that Holy didn't help?

In the final sequence, when their looking at it on the ship, he said it was having the opposite effect.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, because Holy was unleashed so late, it wasn't able to effectively repel Meteor.
    Red XIII: "It's too late for Holy. Meteor is approaching the Planet. Holy is having the opposite effect."
    The struggle between the cataclysmic forces of Holy and Meteor was putting the Planet in grave danger until Aeris (or rather, her spirit) brought forth the Lifestream to act as Holy's 'backup' to finally destroy Meteor. At least, that's how I interpret it.

and, as i had said, does this not suck up planet juce, buggering it anyway? the mystery of this ending will annoy me forever.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Phoenix: Err....tell me again why we've been arguing throughout this whole thread? Hehe

Anyways, PP: Not really. Holy was merely unleashed too late, so when it was destroying Meteor, Holy ended up destroying Midgar as Meteor would have. In the end, it would have killed just as many people as Midgar, so the Lifestream came up and helped Holy while shielding keeping the energies consolidated, so it didn't hurt anyone/place else.

I believe showing Aeris at the end was Square's attempt at being cryptic, and to get us to argue the issue of this "deep" ending, which in reality is nothing but a gimmick to keep us talking about it. Meh

Raistlin I have no idea lol.

This topic's gone so far into confusion I'm gonna stay quiet till something clearer comes up.

I know this is an old board, and is probably already dead, but there r a few good points here, I'd just like to mine forward.
    I belive that holy stopped metero. It used all of its and the lifestrems energy to do this. Midgar was destroyed in the process, leaving the human world without a centre point to gather, so they all moved out.
    The engery of the planet may have become unbalanced, and so human population decreased, but they r still alive.
    At the end u see Red and cubs go to the ruins of midgar, possibly showing them where it all began. Humans abandoned Midgar leaving it as a monument, maybe even taking up the lives that their Cetra ancesstors gave up.
    Anyhow, I think this explains the whole sequence and the question of whether holy decides between good and evil. ^.^
    I will destroy it all, one day.

RBB: yeah I fully agree with you... it is an old board

Umm RBB, you didn't even mention anything to do with good and evil, let alone explain it. Though other than that, it's nice to hear opinions.