View Poll Results: Was Kingdom Hearts worth playing?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Worth playing!? You gotta be kidding me! Just go play it, and you'll love it!

48 58.54%
  • Yes, it was a good game

15 18.29%
  • The game was decent

7 8.54%
  • No, I really expected more from this game

4 4.88%
  • Square and Disney managed to make a really crappy game

3 3.66%
  • I haven't played Kingdom Hearts yet, but I'd like to play it

4 4.88%
  • What's Kingdom Hearts?

1 1.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A survey to those who've played KH

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Default A survey to those who've played KH

Here's a couple of questions about Kingdom Hearts. Answer those that you can.

1) Have you played Kingdom Hearts on Normal or Expert difficulty, or possibly both?

2) How many hours did it take you to finish the game? (if you finished it)

3) Have you done all the side-quests?

4) Have you ever seen the (POSSIBLE SPOILER)secret ending?

5) In 1-5 scale, how would you rate the difficulty of the game in Normal and in Expert difficulty? (1 = very easy, 2 = easy, 3 = average, 4 = hard, 5 = very hard)

6) What was your favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them)

7) What was your least favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them)

8) Who was your favorite character in Kingdom Hearts? (again, use spoiler tags if your reply has spoilers)

9) Vote on the poll.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

1) I have played both, but am only half way through on expert. I've been playing my new game instead lately.

2) It took me 50 hours, but I tend to play through it slowly making myself be high leveled and such.

3) Almost, just those stupid extra bosses.

4) Yes I have, it was well worth it too.

5) Not exactly easy to rate expert because since I've played through already it's easier than it would have been.
    Normal: 3
    Expert: 4

6) (SPOILER)Battle against Riku/Ansem the second time in Hallow Bastion, that whole thing was just awesome.

7) Well if you can call most frustrating least favorite I'd have to say (SPOILER)The last room before the Final Rest in the End of the World. There were so many heartless and they just kept coming.

8) Riku, just 'cause he was so awesome, as was the game.

9) Votes accordingly.

Thought IMO the final fantasy characters were just cheap cameos, that had little part.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

1) Just Expert. *tough*

2) About 71. Loved every minute of it.

3) Oh yes, every last one.

4) Oh yes, and it's so cool.

5) Usually 3-4, 5 a couple times, then 1-2 by the time you get to Level 100 and the Heartless just don't stand a chance anymore. Save for a couple crazy-hard side-bosses, of course.

6) Neverland, baby. Every single part of it was pure love except how they introduced the Crocodile. And once the gang gets into the upper upper levels, fighting in the Coliseum tournaments becomes a great pleasure, too.

7) I tell ya it was all good, but it was pretty disorienting when Sora and the gang were first dumped into Atlantica and had to get a grip on the controls for ascent and descent while swimming. The fact that the Mermaid Kick ability interferes with the rising motion didn't help much, either.

8) All things considered... Tigger.

9) Oh yes indeed.

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

1) Have you played Kingdom Hearts on Normal or Expert difficulty, or possibly both?

Only Expert. I picked the shield, so it wasn't that hard. I figure the longer you live, the more times you can hit the enemy, which is why I didn't pick the sword.

2) How many hours did it take you to finish the game? (if you finished it) Completely? About 50. Regularly? About 30.

Yes. I am currently fighting around Traverse Town to get enough ingredients to synthesize more Def and Strength Ups and max out my stats at 100.

4) Have you ever seen the (POSSIBLE SPOILER): secret ending? Yes. It sucked.

5) In 1-5 scale, how would you rate the difficulty of the game in Normal and in Expert difficulty? (1 = very easy, 2 = easy, 3 = average, 4 = hard, 5 = very hard)
    Probably a 3.

6) What was your favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them)
    Traverse Town, first time. Hollow Bastion. The End of the World.

7) What was your least favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them)
    Atlantica. I hate swimming.

8) Who was your favorite character in Kingdom Hearts? (again, use spoiler tags if your reply has spoilers) Aeris of course. But besides that, Ansem. Billy Zane > you.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.

Master of Glass

normal, half way through expert, i lost my first file.

uh, i think 76? i messed around a ton.

all but 2, utimate weapon, and all trinities. Colisuem becomes easy at level 75+

4) Have you ever seen the (POSSIBLE SPOILER): secret ending?
    OH yeah, just before i lost my file, THAT WAS SWEET!

all benomoths=1 which means, FUN, platium match=6 HARD!!! game overall= 3-5 but really fun.

uh, the Hollow bastion boss fights, destiny islands intro, end of game, secret ending, tranverse town, too many to list

the whole agrabah was irratating, launched you into the level to fast, and aladdin and the genie where introduced akwardly, hollow bastion was frustarting for me, get to the top, fall of by mistake, jezz!
    8) Who was your favorite character in Kingdom Hearts? (again, use spoiler tags if your reply has spoilers)

9) Vote on the poll.
    * votes on 1st option *

I'm Currently making a videogame. Go to www.freewebs.com/blackmarblestudios to see how its going.

Ravishing Introvert Recognized Member Shoyku's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've played both Normal and Expert.

Around 30 or so hours on both difficulties.

Yes.

4) Have you ever seen the (POSSIBLE SPOILER): (SPOILER)secret ending?
    Yes, and it was quite cool.

Normal - 2 / Expert - 2.5

Either (SPOILER)seeing Cloud for the first time or (SPOILER)seeing Sephiroth's entrance.

Not sure if this is a spoiler but... (SPOILER)Monstros! God did I ever hate Monstros!

Riku.

9) Vote on the poll.
    *does so*
    Last edited by Shoyku; 12-02-2002 at 08:37 PM.

Oh Lord, someone please change my vote from "What's Kingdom Hearts?" to the first one *dies*

1. Normal
    2. Honestly, I frogot... but it was A LOT
    3. All but Phantom- and if you count getting all of the Trinities.
    4. Yes-very confusing
    5. 3
    6. Fighting Semi-SPOILER, not really though) Sephiroth even though I was slaughtered.
    7. Patiently getting enough Dark Matters from Mushrooms to synthesise Ultima Weapon XD
    8. Sora while he was a (SPOILER)Heartless
    9. Done
    Last edited by abrojtm; 12-03-2002 at 02:31 AM.
    Sigless

Both

25?

Yes

4) Have you ever seen the (SPOILER)
    Yes

On expert mode, it gets rather hard. on normal mode it's not too hard

(SPOILER)fighting ansem for the first time, he was hard, but fun.

None! BEAT GEAM EVAIRE!!!1!!!11

Play-able/On Team: Sora Non-Play-able: Cloud

9) Vote on the poll.
    BETS GEAM EVAIRE!!1!1!!!1!!11!1!

Normal

2) How many hours did it take you to finish the game? (if you finished it)Approx 40 hours I think... It's been a while

Nope. Only colleseum, dalmations, and... uhh.. some other ones. Haven't beaten the secret bosses

4) Have you ever seen the (POSSIBLE SPOILER): (SPOILER)secret ending? Yes

5) In 1-5 scale, how would you rate the difficulty of the game in Normal and in Expert difficulty? (1 = very easy, 2 = easy, 3 = average, 4 = hard, 5 = very hard) 2.8

6) What was your favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them) Meeting Disney and Squaresoft chars!

7) What was your least favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them) Gummi ship is pointless (though fun to supe up)

Leon

9) Vote on the poll.
    First option!
    Last edited by BatChao; 12-20-2002 at 02:53 AM.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

1) Normal

2) I'm not done yet

3) I'm at Atlantica (or whatever you call that place)

4) Nope

5) Normal: Easy

6) Hmm.... when I beat.....*spoiler*

7) When I had to fight *spoiler*

8) Leon was cool though I didn't get to use him

9) Yes

*I intended to put *spoiler* instead of writing the whole thing with a code because I'm so lazy.

Just go and play the game already!

1) Have you played Kingdom Hearts on Normal or Expert difficulty, or possibly both? Normal

I've done everything but the 100 acre wood and played about 60-70 hours (a lot is pause time tho)

All but the 100 acre wood, all bosses and everything

4) Have you ever seen the (POSSIBLE SPOILER): secret ending? Unfortunately not, not done the 100 acre wood

5) In 1-5 scale, how would you rate the difficulty of the game in Normal and in Expert difficulty? (1 = very easy, 2 = easy, 3 = average, 4 = hard, 5 = very hard) Some was very tricky but some wasn't so a 3, though this may be because of my lack of levelling

6) What was your favorite part in the game? (if your reply contains spoilers, please mark them) (SPOILER)beating Sephy

Atlantica

I liked most of the FF Characters, (SPOILER) Cloud and Sephy in particular I also like Riku and Sora alot
    9) Vote on the poll. *votes*

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Sorry for reviving this thread, but I recently finished Kingdom Hearts, and I wanted to reply to my own survey.

1) I played on Normal difficulty level.

2) I needed 58 hours when I beat the game on level 77. Later I leveled up to level 100 and beat all the optional bosses and I've played the game for 70 hours. As Kishi said, loved every minute of it.

3) Nope, I didn't get Sora's Ultima Weapon or Goofy's Save the King, or do all the trinities. I have rescued 99 Dalmatians, beat all Coliseum things, locked 100 Acre Wood, got Donald's Save the Queen, beat all the optional bosses and got everyone to level 100, though.

4) Yes, I have. It looks quite dark and cool. Lately I downloaded Deep Dive extra ending of Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, and it's even more impressive!

5) The game's not for small children, and it's not a breeze even if you play on Normal difficulty, take the shield and sacrifice the sword. I haven't played on Expert, but in Normal the difficulty's about 3 mostly, then after (SPOILER)your first visit in Hollow Bastion, the difficulty turns into 4-5 and when you get to level 75+, the difficulty gets into 1-2, although the optional bosses give a great challenge even on level 100.

6) This is a tough one, as there's so many to list. The beginning was awesome, Traverse Town was cool, the battles were really fun in the game, especially boss battles, I eventually ended up liking Atlantica (it's a cool place and I like Ariel), the whole Neverland is pure awesome-ness (I love that place!), (SPOILER)Hollow Bastion is a true masterpiece both design-wise and story-wise, (SPOILER)End of the World is a very creative last dungeon, the final battle is awesome, and so is the ending.

7) It was a bit hard to get used to Atlantica's controls at first, but I didn't mind that later, as the place's cool. If there's anything to complain, I didn't like the events with (SPOILER)Oogey Boogey. Trying to climb into his house while all the Heartless are trying to drop you from that long platform, being stuck in that wheel of misfortune during the first form battle, and then looking for all those orbs to destroy. I wouldn't like to try that again.

8) For all characters, definitely Aerith (Aeris). If only Disney characters are included, then I guess I like either Belle or Ariel best.

9) Worth playing!? I gotta be kidding myself! I should have just gone to play it right away, and good thing I later did (better late than never), because I loved it! Lots of credits for Square and Disney for Kingdom Hearts! *votes on the first option *

BTW I asked the moderator Loony BoB a permission to revive this thread, and he officially stated: "This bump has been sanctioned by BoB"
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Only normal so far.

36, but doing some of the Dalmations, Coliseum, Phantom, Kurt Zisa etc.

Most of them.

4) Have you ever seen the (SPOILER) secret ending ?
    Not yet no. I need 6 more Dalmations.

Normal 3.

Hmm I really enjoyed (SPOILER) Hollow Bastion on the whole and Halloween Town and Agrabah are great too.

Atlantica and Monstro. How could they put these 2 after each other? The pain, the pain of it all!

8) Who was your favourite character in Kingdom Hearts? (again, use spoiler tags if your reply has spoilers)
    I liked Riku. But Donald and Jafar's hat are equally good. And how doesn't love Hades?

9) Vote on the poll.
    Will do.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I rented the game, and I'm glad. I can't see myself wasting money buying this game. It was annoying, the music was nerve-wracking, I didn't like the real-time fighting. They could've done a much better job. If it was more like StarFox Adventures, though, I probably would liked it alot. But, such as it is... *votes "I really expected more" *

Blog Entries

1) Both modes.
    2) Around 50 hours on my first man. I tried to get everything and beat every boss.
    3) Indeed.
    4) Yes
    5) In normal I'd give it...a 2. Expert I give it a 4.
    6) Hmm...I can't say I have a favorite part...
    7) Fighting (SPOILER) the dragon. He sucked.
    8) Just in case: (SPOILER) Jack. He was the coolest.