View Poll Results: What level does BB/M become stronger ( does more damage ) than Fi/Kn?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Levels 1-10

4 12.50%
  • Levels 11-20

3 9.38%
  • Levels 21-30

15 46.88%
  • Levels 31+

6 18.75%
  • Never used BB + Fi in same party

4 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level BB/M becomes stronger than Fi/Kn

Default Level BB/M becomes stronger than Fi/Kn

Vote for which level YOUR BB/ M was stronger than Fi/Kn. For me it was about 21-30.
    I like swords.

I've never noticed a significant difference below level 30...

Thumbs up Re: Level BB/M becomes stronger than Fi/Kn

Originally posted by Princess
    For me it was about 21-30.
    Same here.

It varies, but I usually start really noticing it between 21-30.

I'd say over 30. But he still takes hits like a Black Mage...
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad!

You people must not be unequpping the nunchucks or something. Even with the greatest swords, my BBs tie for damgae at levels 8-10, get a bit higher at 11-13, and smoke him at 15+.

I don't think there's a person here who doesn't uneqiup them. I know they always tie when you take them off at 10, but they never seem to jump ahead until father towards the end.

You're lucky you added (does more damage) to the poll question, or the answer would clearly have been 'never.' As it is, it really depends totally on how quickly you get through the game, and thus what weapons you have at what levels.

Originally posted by Spuuky
    You're lucky you added (does more damage) to the poll question, or the answer would clearly have been 'never.'
    Yeh, I actually put that in at the last second, because like yourself I think stronger means both offensive and defensively and clearly Fighter is "stronger" than BB from beginning to end.
    I like swords.

Originally posted by BobDarkavenger
    I'd say over 30. But he still takes hits like a Black Mage...
    Unequip his blasted armor, then.....

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Actually, is the poll on unequipped chars? I mean, Knights are only as good as their equipment at the end of the day, so it doesn't matter what level its at, if the knights have rubbish equip, then the BB will kill 'em level 1. So it's kinda hard to judge when they get stronger for me personally, but for the sake of arguement, i'd say level 21-30
    There is no signature here. Move along.

It depends on if we are talking about maximum damage or average damage.

From levels about 10-20, the BB starts with slightly higher maximum damage up to much more maximum damage. Only over these levels he doesn't seem to acheive that damage very often. His average damage I would say is lower than the fighter's average damage for these levels. The BB just doesn't get all his hits in very consistantly as far as I have seen.

From 21-25, the BB catches up on average damage. From 26-30, he begins to surpass the fighter. From 30+, I assume there is no beating the BB, though I've never played at those levels.

But certainly from level 15 onwards, the BB will have the biggest individual hits when he crits and gets all his hits in. But, the fighter tends to be much more consistant and do more damage on average for quite some time. However, you generally only remember the big hits, which leads many to believe that the BBs damage output is higher over time than it really is, at least in my experience.

chaotic neutral

Everytime I played it, Black Belt does more damage than Fighter starting at level 8 or 9. From then on, he will be stronger than Fighter. A Master even does more damage with Masamune than a Knight, even though it's a sword, which is the Knight's (only) talent.
    To do is to be. (Sokrates)
    To be is to do. (Sartre)
    Do be do be do. (Sinatra)

Originally posted by Nemesis the Warlock
    A Master even does more damage with Masamune than a Knight, even though it's a sword, which is the Knight's (only) talent.
    Did you forgot about his armour, Nemisis the Warlock? That is what makes Fighter so good; he is able to dish out a lot of damage as well as take hits because he always has the best armour (and weapons) possible.
    I like swords.

chaotic neutral

I know Fighters wear armour, Fighter.

That means they can take more hits before they die. Black Belts don't need armour, have more than ten times the Intelligence of Fighters, have a much better Evasion rate, a better chance of escaping from battle, and most important of all, can kill most monsters before those get a chance to hit back.

And I have to disagree with Fighters always getting the best weapons. Black Belts do more damage, whether they use fists or Masamune.
    To do is to be. (Sokrates)
    To be is to do. (Sartre)
    Do be do be do. (Sinatra)