Thread: Is it easy for people to steal your password??

Default Is it easy for people to steal your password??

I was trying to send a PM to Loony BoB my E-mail so he could give me the HTML code to contribute to the site. Anyway, When I clicked my mouse to the subject line. It said "Hey there....(My real name) (My password)" This scared the hell out of me. I Didn't know if it was some hacker or what. The password was what I used for AOL and logging in to this site. I just finished changing my password for both. Has this happened to anyone else??

I'm more than a little frightened right now....

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Send a PM where? From these Forums?

I suppose if you logged in without cookies, then yes, it'd be easier to get than with cookies. But then, if it was the board's fault, I don't know why it would also have your real name there. You sure it was these forum that gave the pop-up not something else?

Unless it's some dumb feature of aol to confirm your password change on aol, since you just did that.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Banned

You're scaring me now...
    You're saying that you wanted to PM someone, then when you were in the textbox all of a sudden it said that? Are you sure you didn't by accidently press CTRL+C or something? It just may be a hacker !

No, i double-clicked on the subject line, and it said "Hey there...." then my real name and password. That password is what I use for AOL and this forum. I've since changed it. No didn't hit Ctrl-C. I don't even know that does.

This is quite weird...

Banned

There is only one answer and no cures for this. G G G GHOST!