Thread: Help with movie files, or something.

an unusually clever whore

Default Help with movie files, or something.

Okay. I have this movie file (.mpeg, I think but I'm not sure), and it's pretty big. I want to just cut out a certain small part from it so it's small enough to send through e-mail. How do I do this?

I could fix it up for you in Adobe Premiere if you like. Otherwise you could get any movie-editing programs from places like download.com
    That's really my hair.

"Faris, Calvin; you don't seem to understand! This is not a thread about homosexuality! Girls can love Barret! Guys can love Barret! It's not gay! Barret's love is beyond any form of gay-ness. It is transcendent; like the sun and moon and stars! It's like loving God! Would you say a boy who loves God is gay? That's what I thought!

So please, don't fight. Just spead the love! And the Barret sexyness. RAWR! =D~"

- Linxiaotuzi

This guide should be good enough. Just replace "avi" with "mpeg". Shouldn't make any difference.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, replacing AVI with MPEG does make a difference, since they're significantly different file formats, not to mention VirtualDub can't write MPEGs either, only read them. Of course, you can still use VirtualDub if you want, and load the MPEG, but you'll have to save back as an AVI instead - in which case you also want to check which codecs are being used for the video and audio and that the program isn't defaulting to full uncompressed stuff which takes up huge amounts of space.
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Well then, try this guide. I think you can use it.