Thread: ARGHHH *kicks computer*

Default ARGHHH *kicks computer*

Ok I really need help here. I just got a new computer and almost everythign I install in it either seems to mess up or when it is installed it just won't work right. Does anyone know why this might be happening?
    This space intentionally left blank.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Exactly what programs are your trying to install/run?

Many, let's see Warcraft3 is messed up everytime I try to run it. Umm also I'm trying to install the RTP for RPG maker2000 and that won't install properly. So umm a lot isn't working it seems.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

First thing I would do is make sure you have the most recent drivers for all your hardware, update them if neccessary. If this doesn't solve some/all of the problems, call where you got your computer from and tell them what's wrong, could be defective stuff. Also make sure to get rid of all the crap that comes pre installed on the computer.

I assume your running a version of Windows XP. Warcraft III worked for me when I installed it on XP Pro.

It could be countless factors affecting the performance of certain software on your computer. Best bet is to call the store. Hope you get this solved soon, it sucks having to beat yourself over the head because of a new computer.

EDIT: When you run or try to run the software does it give you any error messages? Post some of them here if it does.

No error messages. Although on a update I got the thing I downloaded to install properly. Also another question I downloaded a movie and when I play it on windows media player it only plays the music and stuff and dosn't show any of the movie part of it.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What's the extension of the movie (file format)? If it's .avi, you will only hear sound. You'll have to get a codec so to have WMP recognize the file type. I just use the Divx codec.