Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zidane the traitor (spoilers)

Default Zidane the traitor (spoilers)

Did ya ever notice that when you choose which characters to use against Necron, you can choose to leave Ziidane out? Every character you choose is totally YOUR choice. Gr8 for ppl who are tired of Zidane's perversions

Blog Entries

I like Zidane, he's a pioneer. First not disturbed protagonist in an FF.

Anyway, he's usually gonna be best in the party. I usually use Amarant, Zidane, Steiner and Vivi and rely heavily on Amarants monk abilities and Auto-Potion.

Yeah I didnt use Zidane in the final battle because there were 4 other characters I liked better although I agree with Al bhed that being the main character at least he was interesting for a change.
    Last edited by HOOTERS; 01-12-2003 at 02:45 AM.

Yes, I agree to that, its prolly just something Square made for ppl who have 4 really good ppl and Zidane isn'tt among them... Like this: ViVi and Steiner for Magic, Strength and Sword Mag, Quina for Blue Mag, and Dagger for Eidolons like Ark, and healing. That makes one helluva team

chaotic neutral

I loved that option. I also didn't use monkey-boy in the final battle. He's a thief, that's his strong side. There is nothing I want to steal from the last boss, so I'd rather make a party with good fighters and mages. Freya, Quina, Garnet and Steiner were my best final team.
    To do is to be. (Sokrates)
    To be is to do. (Sartre)
    Do be do be do. (Sinatra)

Blog Entries

Well, I always use Zidane for the final battle. I also kill off everyone during the fight with Trance Kuja so it becomes a nice one-on-one between Kuja and Zidane. Although, I needed Auto-potion and Auto-regen to just stay alive...

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Re: Zidane the traitor (spoilers)

You can also take him out before Trance Kuja which I usually do. I tend to replace him for Freya, going with Freya, Steiner, Vivi and Garnet.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

NPC

Default Re: Re: Zidane the traitor (spoilers)

Originally posted by Kuja Trance
    You can also take him out before Trance Kuja which I usually do. I tend to replace him for Freya, going with Freya, Steiner, Vivi and Garnet.
    It figures someone named Kuja Trance would know about this.

Anyways, I didn't even know you could interchange Zidane with other characters, but in any case I wouldn't replace him anyways. I never caught 99 frogs with Quina, so there wasn't a 9,999 damage attack for him/her, and I never got Dragon Crest for Freya, so she was useless to me as well. I used the most balanced team in the game, or so I've read. Zidane, Vivi, Garnet, and Steiner.

He was disturbed in the end of Disc III, but works his way out of it. The main character always gets pulled down in the muck somehow. Makes you sympathize with him/her more.

Well I am in the process of playing it through a second time and I'm gonna try and use my lesser members of the party. Like hardly anyone uses Eiko but some of her summons are really good and she is a better healer than Garnet. For me Ark was majorly disappointing. Vivi's Flare did more damage. I am also getting all of Quina's blue magic abilities so she might surprise me as well.
    " Get me a ladder and I'll Flare you in your face! "
    Tuno the Taru Taru

InuYasha's First Lover JenosydesTouch's Avatar

Yes but why would you want to
    switch out Zidane and
    how exactly does that make him a traitor?
    It's your choice to not pick
    him; you're the one that is committing
    mutiny here not him.

-"Jenosyde will always defend her son, Zidane, no matter what. If he get's hurt,
    and we are around, we die!! No Questions ASKED!!"
    -Anala talking to Melissa and Diamond
    www.xenosaga.com/forums

www.ffwa.org

www.eyesonff.com

http://hybridharper.proboards6.com

You can always find me here. Or come in and join, all of them are great.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Re: Re: Re: Zidane the traitor (spoilers)

Originally posted by NPC
    It figures someone named Kuja Trance would know about this.

Anyways, I didn't even know you could interchange Zidane with other characters, but in any case I wouldn't replace him anyways. I never caught 99 frogs with Quina, so there wasn't a 9,999 damage attack for him/her, and I never got Dragon Crest for Freya, so she was useless to me as well. I used the most balanced team in the game, or so I've read. Zidane, Vivi, Garnet, and Steiner.
    If slaying Dragons is a problem I would go for Cherry Blossom. It takes about 30 MP more for a non-elemental attack on all. In fact, having not gotten this, Dragon Breath from Freya's weapon Dragon Hair could be better than both. But alas I have never used it even though I know after asking how, how to acquire it.

I tend to get it powerful without noticing thanks to Grand Dragons.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I never got to the final battle yet (only like 4 more bosses, im stuck fighting the choas guadian with wild hair) but i always keep Zidane. He's really strong. My party is usually... Zidane, Vivi, Dagger, and amarant. Sometimes amarant is replaced for Eiko.

Originally posted by JenosydesTouch
    Yes but why would you want to
    switch out Zidane and
    how exactly does that make him a traitor?
    It's your choice to not pick
    him; you're the one that is committing
    mutiny here not him.

-"Jenosyde will always defend her son, Zidane, no matter what. If he get's hurt,
    and we are around, we die!! No Questions ASKED!!"
    -Anala talking to Melissa and Diamond
    Usually, playing FF I identify with the main character, therefore, I AM Zidane. I am the traitor, and I keep out of the battle if I want to try stop me

*hopes one month old threads aren't too old to revive*

Originally posted by Al Bhed³
    Butz wasn't disturbed. :P Also, Cecil wasn't disturbed after he became a Paladin.