Thread: SCPH 39002 Playstation 2 modded with Messiah 2, HELP!

SCPH 39002 Playstation 2 modded with Messiah 2, HELP!

I recently had my ps2 modded at a shop and I just got it back 3 days ago. Everything work incredibly well, games run without halts, glitches, jams, you name it. Ok I had to press reset after inserting disc and closing disc tray to boot a DVD-R, which seems to be funny cos' a ps2 modded with the messiah 2 does not require pressing the 'extra' reset button for it to boot...but that doesn't matter.

So it works well on DVD-R's, then it striked me that I haven't tested original PAL games (mine is a SCPH 39002, PAL model bought in Australia). So I cranked my Final Fantasy X (Original!!!) into my ps2 and loaded it up as usual, without hitting the reset button again, like I do only on DVD-Rs. And it works fine, much to my pleasure. Weee, everything works out fine...game boots too FFX menu screen...happy me. Then, got bored of test driving and wanted to insert my Kingdom Hearts DVD-R into the disc to continue playing...so I held down the reset button till it went to standby mode (red light, dunnoe why I did that till now) and hbit eject button to open disc tray again...and DAMNED....blue light flashes for a split second and nothing happens....so now I'm totally screwed up with a spoilt PS2.

It could be several possibilities why my PS2 stalled on me like that. Either my method of switching the system off annoyed the modchip. Or the modchip coincidentally blew in certain soldering then. Or modchip just screws up after reading original PAL DVDs, games.

Problem: Disc Tray does not open now, disc SEEMs to be spinning inside...Blue Light Flashes no more, expect for a split second when you press it.

OK I know those stuff I wrote up there is plentiful and pretty long-winded, and I would already like to thank those who bothered going thru my problem. If you actually experience this or know what may be going on in my ps2. Please reply and give me solutions, thank you.

P.S. I paid 109.95 Aus Bucks for my copy of Final Fantasy X and now it's F*king stucked in my PS2...belief me it bites!!!!!.
    I got my playstation 2, Finally!

Pentium 4; 1.7ghz
    Elitegroup P4S5A
    GeForce 4 MX 440, 64mb AGP
    SiS 7012 Audio Driver with
    Altec Lansing AVS300 Speaker System
    Samsung;TDK dvd/cdrw combo 48x/24x/48x/12x (DVD)
    256mb ram
    60 Gigabytes

The console isn't a machine. It's a child, and you need to treat it with love. You don't care about your child at all.
    Anyway, if I remember correctly, there should be a green light when you turn it on. Is there a green light? That might be the problem ya'know. If you haven't turned it on but still trying to open the tray.
    Is the disc still spinning inside? How long did you have your console running? If I remember correctly, the Messiah(any bootchip actually) doesn't handle heat that well. On the other hand, the chip should affect the disc tray at all...odd. Well, if you care more about your disc than your console, you can always open the it up and take out your disc.
    Not much of a help. Sorry.

Green Light always turns on when you press the reset button or press the eject button, but disc tray should come out along with the green light when eject button is pressed.

btw, i value my ps2 more than the disc...cos the FFX disc would just be an obselete priced possession without my ps2...althought I completed it already.
    I got my playstation 2, Finally!

Pentium 4; 1.7ghz
    Elitegroup P4S5A
    GeForce 4 MX 440, 64mb AGP
    SiS 7012 Audio Driver with
    Altec Lansing AVS300 Speaker System
    Samsung;TDK dvd/cdrw combo 48x/24x/48x/12x (DVD)
    256mb ram
    60 Gigabytes

Banned

1. Start PS2
    2. HOLD the EJECT BUTTON and PUSH the DISC TRAY
    3. It will open
    4. When it is open power it off
    5. Reset
    6. TRY