Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts: The Movie

The Pumpkin King MateriaBladeVII's Avatar

Default Kingdom Hearts: The Movie

Well, i guess you all have heard by now that Square and Disney aren't stopping with just the games and all the other merchandise- they're now planning on releasing a Kingdom Hearts movie. And why not since it's such a cool game? Not much has been let out about their plans for their joint-film, so I was just wondering what you all thought about all this. What kinda movie do you think it will be? Live-action? Animated? or perhaps CG? Do you think it will be good? Who do you think will they get to play the characters?

I think this movie would be best animated since Donald and Goofy are already cartoons. They'd look too weird in CG-format like in Toy Story. And they could just animate the characters in different styles. Sora, Riku, Kairi, Leon, Cloud, Aerith, and Yuffie could be done in anime-style of course. (I always wondered why they never made an anime cartoon of FFVII.) And this way they'd be able to bring back the same voice-actors.

I just hope they don't ruin it. Most video games made into movies sucked. Take Super Mario Bros. for example. Or Tomb Raider and Resident Evil. I thought the Final Fantasy movie was bad too. It had absolutely nothing to do with the games! Not a single Chocobo or Moogle or Phoenix Down! I dunno why they even called it "Final Fantasy" anyway.

I agree with you; the big screen and games don't mix.

As for the KH movie, I hope it'll at least be a little better than the game. I hear Disney is really pushing for it, but who knows...

I personally liked Tomb Raider and Resident Evil. I'd say they should go CG since that's the game's format.
    " Get me a ladder and I'll Flare you in your face! "
    Tuno the Taru Taru

I would love to see a KH movie. I think the format should be a mixure of both cartoons and live action. Have the disney characters be cartoons and Sora Rikku and Kairi and the rest of the Square gang be live action. Except for the moogles they should be cartoons.
    (SPOILER) he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he! (girly giggle)

Well, Haley Joel Osment doesn't really look like Sora so I don't know if that would work. David Gallagher kinda looks like a blonde Riku and Sean Astin looks nothing like Cloud. It would have to be animated. Otherwise, the characters wouldn't sound the same as in the game.

CG all the way, the CG in Kingdom Hearts rocked.

I still think it would look better animated.......

yeah squaresoft really has the CGI bit down..theyre great at it i say stick with cgi all the way, besides donald etc are made 3D in the game and look fine so whats wrong with making them cgi??

well if they were to make the movie w/ an actual cast I think Haley Joel Osment would still make a good Sora. David Boreanaz would be perfect as Squall(Leon). The same goes for the whole Mandy Moore-Aerith thing. I guess I haven't realyy seen any of the other voice actors but IF they were to include Sephiroth I'll be D*mned if Lance Bass is gonna portray him! *shudders

Don't worry- Lance actually does a good job with Sephiroth. Basically all he does is grunt and shout, "Sin Harvest". So he doesn't mess it up. But yea, i agree- they can get everyone else back for the voice-actors except Lance Bass. I liked Mandy Moore as Aerith- she was perfect!

no no no, I agree, Lance did an excellent fob as Sephiroth, I'm just sayin if he were to actaully PLAY Sephiroth in an actual live action movie, I'd be angry.
    **insert catchy sig**

Cool. Is this just a rumor or it's for real? A KH movie would be nice. A joint production between US and Japan. I can't decide if it should be animated or CGed. On one hand, CGs would look great, but I think it could interfere with the cartoon feel of the movie. Making em like Toy Story does make it feel like a cartoon, but they look too much like... toys. I guess I'd go with traditional hand-drawn art with some CG thrown in on the side like most animated features are now. It's be cool to have Disney draw the Disney side and Square draw the Square side. I dunno if any of them have animation hand-drawn animation background, but they probably do.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Thank you! Finally someone who agrees with me! Animation is so the way to go! CG could be thrown in there too somewhere.

Dude! Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe the secret ending isn't a trailer for KH2 at all, but a preview for the KH movie?!!! That could be it!
    Last edited by MateriaBladeVII; 02-28-2003 at 10:07 PM.

"I'm just sayin if he were to actaully PLAY Sephiroth in an actual live action movie, I'd be angry."

Understatement of the year

An animated KH wouldn't be a bad thing, but wouldn't it be a bit odd seeing all the 3d models turned 2d? usually goes other way around. but then again with all the new cel games coming out... Either way is fine with me, anime or CG

a KH movie would be nice, animated or CG it would be nice, Square could even use the same voice actors from the game who did like Sora, Rikku, cloud ect ect for the voices. But i think James Arnold Taylor would be out since Tidus was a kid in KH. hehehhe oh well.
    How I mine for fish!?

Which FF Character Are You?