Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CT Final Battle Lineup

The first party I beat the game with was Crono, Marle, and Frog. Worked out well, enough since I won.

For the longest time my party to beat the boss was Crono, Robo, and Marle - a single max cyclone would take out the left bit, and Robo/Marle's dual tech Cure Touch cured for full hp. Robo's shock dealt decent damage, and Crono's luminaire is one of the best spells in the game, so I wasted ass pretty fast.

My current beat the game party is Crono, Robo, and Lucca. Crono and Robo still take out the left bit on the first turn, and Lucca's Flare does a lot more damage than Ice 2. The reason I changed is becauise I found out that Robo's second cure spell (Cure Beam?) also cures for full health most of the time, and the loss of Haste isn't a big deal because you can't speed up lvl. 100 characters with maxed speed much anyway.

Yes, I still have the first save I made on my SNES cardridge when I first got Chrono Trigger and have been New Game +'ing it for... wow, is it close to 7 years the game has been out?
    Sig under construction.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Hmmm, strategy... strategy... I don't really use one anymore. But then, when you're at level 80 you don't really need strategy. Heck, I'd be taking Lavos on alone all the time if it wasn't the first new game+ ending I saw. I sorta like to use Crono, Frog and Robo... Why? I guess I just like a challenge I also like to beat Lavos in the (SPOILER)Ocean Palace. It's ridiculously hard, even at a stupidly high level, but it's just SOOOOOOOO cool to be like (SPOILER)"wow! I stopped Lavos before he even had a chance to emerge! I kicked his ass before JESUS!!!! I RULE!

The 1st Party I Used Was Chrono, Frog, And Ayla...Those Are The Only Ones I Use Though. All Three Are At Max Levels
    [The Final Messanger]

It is my destiny to live forever, though my survival will bring final destruction to the human race. However, it is possible for me to be killed, and whether I live or die makes no great difference. In truth, death may be the only true freedom there is.

*Wanders into off-topicness, notices Kaworu capitalizes the first letter of every word and wonders if he's an Ilwrath*

The first time I beat Lavos, I used Crono (Luminair), Robo (healing and Shock), and Magus (Dark Matter).

Now, if I really want to smack down Lavos, I go for Crono, Ayla, and Lucca. Falcon Hit does wonders against the left and center bits, then I just pound away with Luminair, Flare, and Triple Kick. I can usually beat Lavos long before he revives the bits.

If I'm fighting Lavos for fun, I usually go for a solo party (ie, letting two characters die immediately and fighting with the other character). So far, the only characters I've had beat Lavos solo are Lucca, Crono, and Magus.
    "Ozzie XIII: This village 0wnz your crappy Truce!
    Crono: He's talking l33t. Back... away... slowly... "
    - Five Minute Chrono Trigger

Find this and many other parodies at:
    The Five Minute Voyager Network

Night Angel

I used Crono, Marle and Magus. ice sword 2 (or 3, can't remember) and dark matter are all that's needed to destroy Lavos