Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT Final Battle Lineup

Default CT Final Battle Lineup

I was scrolling through some walkthroughs for Chrono Trigger, to see where the hidden endings were since I recently started my first game on new game+, and noticed that none of them suggested a party for the final battle that had any resemblance to the one I used. So I was just wondering what everyone else used the first time and what they use most now. The party I used was Marle (for healing,) Ayla (for physical attacks,) and Magus (for offensive magic and general coolness). Everyone's level was in the mid-fifties and I pretty much wiped the floor with Lavos.

I also thought it was pretty cool that you weren't required to use the main character in the final battle. Not that I have anything against Crono; it's just unusual.

I used C(h)rono, Marle, and Magus, and I had Marle heal and Chrono and Magus use Luminaire and Dark Matter. It doesn't really matter what party you use for the final battle, at least as far as what ending you get goes. *nod*

I don't remember what my level was, but I didn't think it was that high, and I didn't have any trouble. As soon as I'd completed the battle and watched the ending, I immediately took on Lavos with Chrono and Marle alone in New Game+ and again emerged exceedingly victorious. That ending rocked.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

It's been a long time since I first beat it but if I recall I either used Crono, Marle, Frog or Crono, Marle, Lucca at around level 40 or so. The way I see it the easiest party would probably be Crono, Frog, Ayla. I've never had any problems with it and 3D Attack is a rather devestating triple tech.

Heroes come in all shapes and sizes.

I used Lucca, robo and chrono. I didnt really have to heal that much, but when I did i used items. having robo and lucca is great for the final battle because when I use their dual tech (doublebomb...or whatever), it causes about 7-8,000 to the right bit.
    Looky!Its a kitty bobble head!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Usually Marle, Lucca, and either Crono or Ayla for me, usually Ayla since her triple kick thing is a decent physical attack for getting the left bit out of the way in one hit
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Crono, Marle, Ayla.

Boom. Perfect team. Marle for Haste, Ayla for Triple Kick, Crono for Confuse. Although Haste Helms and megalixers kind of eliminate the need for Marle... she makes up for it by being able to do Final Kick with the others. Boom Boom Boom, Lavos is out like a light.

Lavos is pretty easy to beat with any team at lvl 45+, but I use Chrono, Marle, Frog. Luminare and IceWater / Glacier (IceWater for Lavos and his arms, glacier for just one target). Once lavos hits you down to around 200s, double cure fixes you right up. Chrono pretty much does nothing but luminaire or just attack when you need physical, Chrono's Critical with Rainbow is like 950+ anyway.
    - The One and Only Matt in the Hat

Articles

I remember I used Crono, Marle, and Magus. Yep, and I hadn't played much more until the end. Sometimes I would alternate it up a bit and try Crono, Lucca, and Magus, or Crono, Frog, and Magus.

Super-Rad Recognized Member Spatvark's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Crono, Marle and Lucca. Have Crono use Confuse on the left pod (lefto fo the screen that is) and Lucca shoot it and it should kill it. Wait until the right pod takes the core defence off and then Anitpode 3 and Luminaire to your hearts content. If Crono/Lucca die, have Marle cast Life 2. If Marle/Lucca die, have Crono cast Life. Marle and Crono NEVER die at the same time as logn as you're not half-assed with the healing and thus you should be fine.

If you didn't resurrect Crono, replace him with either Magus or Ayla, preferably the latter.
    Seriously the best band in the world.
    And here's where I'll stay / For ten years and a day
    We're on a quest to find hidden treasure / And mystery on The Wild Sea

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Crono, Frog and Ayla. I lurv their triple tech, and the Frog-Ayla dual tech "slurp kiss" owns. I used them the first time, they were all in the mid 50's. I pretty much use them every time.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Chrono Marle and Lucca

I'ts a stupid/slow way to do it, but it's the way I did it on the SNES and I'm NOT changing it.

Chrono uses luminaire, Marle/Lucca Dual-tech to use antipode 2.

Why antipode 2 when you could use antipode 3?
    - The One and Only Matt in the Hat

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I use Crono, Marle and Ayla. They have the best techs to use with each other for any situation. Awesome Physical Attacks and Magical attacks that do damage to a single target or multiple targets. The team can't be beat.

Originally posted by matt_in_the_hat
    Why antipode 2 when you could use antipode 3?
    Antipode 3 takes too much MP from Lucca, unless you give her a Gold Stud.

My party was Crono, Marle and Lucca. Crono was firing off Luminaire, Marle and Lucca were casting Antipode 3 on Lavos. I'd take breaks to heal if my party was heavily damaged.

Articles

Let's see. . . the party I used to beat Lavos was Crono, Marle and Frog. I'd just hack away at the bit you need to, and then use a lot of Arc Impulse to take out the rest.