Thread: New Computer...

Default New Computer...

The speakers on it make noise. It's a AMD Atholon Win XP 2100+ 1.73 ghz 512 ram. I dont know why the speakers are making noise. It's just annoying if u turn it up while listening to music you cant hear it. But on head phones it worse.

What kind of noise? Is it like a buzzing sound or is it more of a clicking?
    In either case, I'd suggest you check the connections and ensure that there's nothing close to the speakers that might cause disturbance.

It makes a buzzing sound, like those 56k modems do. I networked this computer with my other one, and it's made the noise before that. An I use A&TT Broad Band. I think it's just the speakers, because it is one of those ones when u just plug into the comp it an it has power, not like those ones with AC Power adapters....Maybe I need to buy new speakers ;(..

BTW I'm new to win xp and this computer. What does it mean when it beeps every once in a while?It doesn't beep that much like rarely ever 1-2 hours or so..
    Last edited by Casey; 02-16-2003 at 04:35 AM.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Keep the speaker power source transformer/adapter thing away from wires that carry the sound signals - or any other sort of box that may contain a transformer in - they cause garbage to the sound in the wires if they're too close to each other. Well, that's how I solved my problem with white noise from my speakers
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Speakers are supposed to make noise. When I turn on winamp, my speakers make a noise that sounds exactly like the opening theme from weiß kreuz--unless another song is first on the playlist. Personally, I think it's really cool.

My speakers make noise like that sometimes too. When i turn on my keyboard (instrument keyboard), or the air fan thing in the bathroom.

Also make sure your speakers arn't too close to the monitor.

Banned

Radiation can interfeer with the speakers. Try seperating them with monitors or any other devices nearby.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Also, make sure it is definitely the speakers making the noise. It may sound dumb, but speakers can cause a monitor to whine in the same fashion as a dial-up, if they're too close.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

My old speakers did the same, so I shelled out some cash for a brand new pair. Now, instead of making a buzzing sound when turned up loud, these ones make a high-pitched squealing sound.

You just can't win, can you?
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You guys seriously need new mp3's. I mean...modem noise? High-pitched whine? Get some music.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Mine work fine... so it's possible to have 'em go quiet. What kind of speakers do you use, where are they? I noticed that the headphones I [no longer] use have the buzzing, but the screen-side speakers don't.

Bleys' tip might help, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, 128kbps MP3s sound sucky to me. I prefer 192kbps minimum, or thereabouts if it's VBR
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Originally posted by Guu
    Yes, 128kbps MP3s sound sucky to me. I prefer 192kbps minimum, or thereabouts if it's VBR
    YEAH! <agrees with Guu>
    MP3's are pretty bad, expecially at low bitrates. WMA 9 audio and OGG Vorbis are actually much better audio formats than MP3 at equivalet bitrates.

But anyway, to keep this on topic...

Kinji, another thing to try: You should check your volume settings as well. Sometimes, if you have a microphone on your computer and it is enabled and turned up, it can feedback thru your speakers. Also, some soundcards have a weird "3d sound" option that can mess up the playback through the speakers. If you see anything weird in the volume control, try muting it and see if that helps.

Yrkoon

my dads comp kinda generates that same noise some times as well.

all i can suggest is to keep mobile phones away from your monitor an speakers and that you get at least a metre between your speakers and your comps psu