Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: two sephiroths

Articles

I've been playing the game recently and I noticed the RedXIII quote. Also the one about the guy in Kalm saying he said a man in a black coat with a wicked looking sword.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Real reason why Cloud's cell was mysteriously opened in the morning:
    (SPOILER) Plot. If the cell hadn't been opened, Cloud and co. would've had no way to escape. They'd have died of boredom, starvation and Red XIII's B.O. in a matter of days. Not much of an ending to the game, really.

It's like the (FFVIII spoiler) inept Desert Prison guards in FFVIII who store the party's weapons only one floor above them in the cell block. If the weapons were safely secured in a locked locker ( tautology), along with Zell's lethal gloves, then the Squall and co. would be completely unarmed, and their grand escape would meet a swift and SeeDy end.

Plot considerations.
    The best, the only way to escape the inescapable, survive the unsurvivable, and explain the inexplicable.

Well, considering at the same time (SPOILER)President Shinra was killed by something (dunno if that was a clone, or Jenova running around) then something was there to open the cell for Cloud. I'm going to go on a limb and assume that it was (SPOILER) Jenova, since it had broke out of its container. It wanted Cloud to be a part of the reunion so it had him released. Don't take that as a fact though... I'm merely speculating.

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

I agree, I think it was Jenova that killed Shinra. But she would have done that after Cloud released her.
    I'm sure the plot couldn't have continued if they'd never got out of the cell, but I'm also sure that the doors didn't open themselves.
    There is no explanation as to why Jenova chose THAT time to escape. How she did it. How the door is opened.
    Cloud was under Jenova's control until he got his memory back, this is unquestionable. There was noone else that Jenova could control in the building, and she'd never just escaped herself in the past. She escaped at the exact, and only time Cloud could have freed her. Cloud's cell was unlocked.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

I'm more interested in where Jenova actually came from, they finally said in the game that she wasn't an anchient but fell from the sky kinda like Lavos. Maybe her true intetion was just to destroy the earth just as Lavos did, it certainly seemed that way, and she was using the first sephiroth to do it. I think she left the Shinra tower as seph mainly to get Clooud and party to follower her as if she had a plan for him all along.
    How I mine for fish!?

Which FF Character Are You?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Originally posted by Phoenix 17
    I agree, I think it was Jenova that killed Shinra. But she would have done that after Cloud released her.
    I'm sure the plot couldn't have continued if they'd never got out of the cell, but I'm also sure that the doors didn't open themselves.
    There is no explanation as to why Jenova chose THAT time to escape. How she did it. How the door is opened.
    Cloud was under Jenova's control until he got his memory back, this is unquestionable. There was noone else that Jenova could control in the building, and she'd never just escaped herself in the past. She escaped at the exact, and only time Cloud could have freed her. Cloud's cell was unlocked.
    I like that.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Cloud: if Jenova went to all the trouble to disguise herself as Sephiroth, she wouldn't give away her secret just like that.

Originally posted by Phoenix 17
    Man there's been a lot of posts.

I still think it was Cloud, there is no other reason for the door to be open, or for it to have happened at that exact time. Opening the door, well I don't know, but I'm sure Jenova could have done it somehow.

Sephiroth did not release her. If you believe that I don't see how you can't believe Cloud released her. Cloud was in the building, with one door to stop him. Sephiroth was unconcious on another continent in a tomb of mako.
    1. Yeah, Sephy could have opened it. Or the dying guard.

2. That Sephy was a clone, we've already been through that. I'm, as of now, rejecting that Jenova-being-Sephiroth theory for the sole fact that Jenova was still trapped when Sephiroth killed the President.

Pheonix: if Sephiroth didn't open the cell, why the hell would the path of blood go right by the cells? Coincidence? Again, you're assuming outside of the given facts when you have no need to whatsoever. And, if Cloud could open the cell door, wouldn't he have done so beforehand? It was opened from the outside.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

What are you talking about? You don't see the President with the sword in his back until after Jenova busts out.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Ok, then, I don't remember it exactly, but: how did Jenova get out in the first place, if not for Sephy's help?

With Cloud's help. Cloud would be able to unlock the door with Jenova's help maybe, no-one can fully explain the mechanics behind it. As for the blood trail past the cells, this backs it up further. If Cloud was under control HE would be the one leaving a trail of blood until Jenova was freed.

There is no explanation as to why Jenova chose THAT time to escape.
    Maybe it has something to do with what Sephiroth said on the boat - "The time is now"? Maybe Jenova's head controls all of the cells, and thus when her body is sealed in Midgar she can still control the body. Hence she decided to leave it dormant for 5 years? It's possible. And the first sign of her cells may have been Cloud's.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Phoenix: Ok, Cloud left the blood trail, right? So then he killed all those soldiers. And then he went up to the top of the Shinra building and killed the President with Sephiroth's sword. That's a BIG assumption right there. I see no proof whatsoever in that.
    This explanation needs almost no assumption at all: Sephy came, freed Jenova, killed the President. You see his sword, you see all the dead guys, and Sephiroth had wanted Jenova freed before.
    Or, what Kishi might be thinking, which needs a little more assumption: Jenova frees herself, disguises herself as Sephiroth, kills everybody in her path(she IS a killer), and kills the President.

Cloud: Jenova did control all of her cells...now what are you talking about in the rest of that?

What a barrel of monkeys I have opened here.

Okay, first, Cloud did not kill Shinra with Sephiroth's sword, Jenova killed him with A sword, AFTER she was released.
    What Kishi, and most people who read the text in the game say, will know, is that SEPHIROTH DID NOT FREE HER!!!

Let's talk assumptions if you want. Let's assume Sephiroth somehow escaped the lifestream. Let's assume that he decided to enter the Shinra building at the exact same time that you did, without you seeing him. Let's assume that he picked this day out of all the years since he fell into the lifestream, and this exact time. Let's then assume that of all the people Jenova can control, she brought the most recognisably, powerful and useful into the centre of the most heavily armed place on the planet. Let's assume she ignores the almost equally useful puppet sitting in the same building. Let's assume that he got her out, and then, after all that, Jenova copied his image to attack Cloud at the Northern crater, because the real Sephiroth had decided that after a traumatic experience in the lifestream, and a trip all the way to Midgar, the best thing to do would be to hang upside down in a coma type state in a tomb of mako, so that Cloud could bring the black materia and wake him up again!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Phoenix: I said it was a Sephiroth clone, being controlled by either the real Sephiroth or Jenova. That explains the "2" tatoo that Dio sees on his hand.

Whenever Sephy/Jenova was controlling Cloud later, he always remembered what had happened. Why wouldn't he remember?
    Also, as I said before, he's the main character. We follow him everywhere until Mideel, and that's because he doesn't move and it'd be boring to watch him just sit there.