Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: WEAPONS

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

There we go! I had thought that, but couldn't remember.
    So the weapons were created when JENOVA arrived by whatever means causing a massive hole by FALLING FROM THE SKY!!!!!!!
    So don't you think that the planet in designing it's weapons because of this, might have actually designed them to be useful???

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

They were designed to fight something on the ground that had fallen from the sky, not something that was still in the sky--up in space, no less.

i think they are pretty useful...just really really dumb
    Evil is good

when were there 5 WEAPONS????
    mayb i missed one
    but ive always thought it to be 4...
    so ne way
    the crater in the north
    was created by jenova when crash landing
    most of the mako energy were gathered there to repair the damage to the planet
    all seph wanted to do was create a bigger crater so all the mako energy was gathered there and maybe he could gather it up to go to the "promise" lnad
    [img]www.boomspeed.com/fong/FF_Banner.jpg[/img]
    What You Want You Cant Have, What You Have You Dont Want...
    Then Hate What You Like, Then Youll Get It!!!

Emerald (in water)
    Ruby (in Sand)
    Ultima (you fight in Mideel and is randomly flying all over the place)
    WEAPON (who attacks Midgar)
    Sapphire (not an official name but this is the one who storms Junon)

When I first played the game I assumed there was only one. Then I found out about Emerald and Ruby... so then I thought there was three. But if you look closely the weapon that you fight flying all over the place (Ultima), the one that gets wasted by the sister ray at Junon, and the one you fight that attacks Midgar all look very different.

Why would the weapons be designed to fight things on the ground other than Jenova. The biggest damage the planet has ever suffered was due to something falling from the sky. That's why they were made.

Originally posted by Rude
    Emerald (in water)
    Ruby (in Sand)
    Ultima (you fight in Mideel and is randomly flying all over the place)
    WEAPON (who attacks Midgar)
    Sapphire (not an official name but this is the one who storms Junon)
    Close, though the Midgar attacking one is named Diamond, whereas 'WEAPON' is the official name for the Junon Weapon, and Sapphire being it's unofficial name )
    What I'm curious to know is if Emerald and Ruby were US only releases, what did the FMV of them rising out the crater look like in the Jap version?

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

That FMV didn't exist in the original Japanese version. A lot of stuff like that was added to the American version, only to be replaced in the Japanese FFVII International. You know the story.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Jenova fell from the sky. However, did they have to fight her from the sky? No, they fought her from the ground. The Planet had never before had experienced fighting something that endangered the Planet solely from the sky.

Also, as I've said dozens of times now, the Planet may not have been able to have any Weapons capable of fighting Meteor, as only the Lifestream and Holy have that power.

as ive seen it the planet does have experience fighting any thing
    the weapons were created because there was jenova
    the weapon that attack junon is the weapon that attacked midgar called Diamond Weapon
    as u see it both of them have this sort of armor at the front like a birds beak there fore both are 1 weapon there fore they are both diamond

and after u mentiond where the weapons are
    id like to add that i think
    ruby was maily the one attacking anything on or under the ground, emarald is encharge of the water threats ultimate is of the sky and diamond is land
    due to most "monsters" are land monsters and there fore need more back up and the rest are sort of back ups
    [img]www.boomspeed.com/fong/FF_Banner.jpg[/img]
    What You Want You Cant Have, What You Have You Dont Want...
    Then Hate What You Like, Then Youll Get It!!!

"Jenova fell from the sky. However, did they have to fight her from the sky? No, they fought her from the ground. The Planet had never before had experienced fighting something that endangered the Planet solely from the sky. "

The Northern Crater is the biggest wound the planet ever suffered! It was made by something falling from the sky!

Holy and lifestream are from the planet, it by far had that sort of power itself.

How do I become a knight?

Yeah, I agree with that...

Over and over again people keep repeating lines like 'crisis from the sky' (not the land), suggesting that whatever it is that is endangering the planet came from above, therefore it would be wise to prevent attacks coming from above by constructing better flying weapons to stop these attacks.

Also, anything endangering the planet has to come from somewhere - it is very unlikely that something actually already on the planet will be a threat, therefore the threat will almost certainly be alien. There is only one way for aliens to get to the ground - from the sky!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Clear two things up:

The Weapons were not created just because of Jenova. I don't remember anything specifically saying that the Weapons were made solely to fight Jenova, since Jenova wasn't threat enough to summon them.

"Crisis FROM the sky." From. That doesn't mean it's a threat in the sky.

Ok, now, Pheonix: ONCE AGAIN: How does one fight Meteor? Who knows if the Weapons could fight another Jenova falling from the skies or not, but how can one fight the Black Materia? ONLY the Lifestream and Holy have that power.

How do I become a knight?

Raistlin: 'The Weapons were not created just because of Jenova. I don't remember anything specifically saying that the Weapons were made solely to fight Jenova, since Jenova wasn't threat enough to summon them.'

I've been through FF7 again recently, I'm on Disk 3 again as I'm writing this. I do remember it saying somewhere along the line that the Weapons (or WEAPON I think it said) were/was created about 2000 years ago..... Jenova supposedly came then... coincidence don't ya think?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I think you're mixing up the Weapons with Jenova...Ifalna tells you about the Weapons, just as she talks about Jenova coming 2000 years ago.

Unless you can provide a quote.

However, one big thing: If the Weapons were created expressly for Jenova, why weren't they summoned when she broke free?