Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: WEAPONS

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah, but they weren't directly hurting the planet. Nothing Sephiroth or Jenova or them could do would directly hurt the Planet. Sure, they could hurt the life on the Planet, but not the Planet itself.

Meteor had the power to do that, however.
    So, new theory: the Weapons were confused. They knew there was a threat, but they couldn't find it('cause it was miles above them). So they went rampaging across the earth, trying to find it. Stupid, confused Weapons.

Ah, well, I tried. heh

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

They should have known Jenova was a threat anyway, even if they couldn't detect the user of the black materia.
    My point is they shouldn't have been confused, they should have been designed specifically for these events.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The Weapons aren't smart, they have no direct controller. They sensed a threat: Meteor. Jenova was insignificant by comparison.

I repeat: Sephiroth and Jenova can not directly harm the Planet, or only very little, at most. Meteor could. The Weapons sensed a dire threat, and rampaged around the Planet searching for it. They did not go looking for Jenova because she could not do anything against the Planet. Neither could Sephiroth.

I also found it odd how Emerald and Ruby just sit there and left the other three to do the work, they were just there to fight and had nothing to do with the story though.

The weapons job was to save the plant from destruction, they did not know what was threating the planet so they tryed to destroy everything they saw, they were not very intelligent creatures so they did not know that it was meteor threatening the planet.

Emerald and Ruby were not part of the original game and were added into the American version to provide ultra difficult subquests. I'm guessing it is for that reason that they play no active part in anything other than sitting around and waiting for you to fight.

New Theory

some one said something close to this
    as i see it, meteor, was the thing that the earth was a major threat of, jenova and seph was practically an ant compared to the danger of meteor, therefore the weapons only wanted to take out meteor, but because there on the ground, they cant do anything about meteor and just wiat around till it comes down,
    and about all threats come from space, what if hojo turned into some crazy :bou::bou::bou::bou: as strong as jenova or stronger, the weapons would of only been set to fight aliens there fore they cant hit him...
    [img]www.boomspeed.com/fong/FF_Banner.jpg[/img]
    What You Want You Cant Have, What You Have You Dont Want...
    Then Hate What You Like, Then Youll Get It!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Hojo wasn't as powerful as Jenova. He was just a freaky old man who injected himself with massive amounts of Jenova cells for no other reason than his own stupidity.
    He then had some weird mutations so it would make the battle look cooler. Meh

Btw, the Weapons can fight and kill people on the Planet. They did it in-game, even.

U ever think the weapons weren't stupid just lazy.
    My real point is what if the weapons protected the planet by just sitting around.The point of Jenova and
    Seph's plan was to injure the planet then when it used
    the lifestream to heal he would be at the crater to get the energy. If the weapons was there to die when the
    meteor hit they could give the planet enough power
    in the lifestream to heal itself without having to use
    Sephiroth

Okay as the arguements seem to be getting repeated here, and they aren't answering my problem with the setup I'll try a different tact.

Let's say I've just been hit in the head by a pigeon. I think to myself I don't want that to happen again, I know I'll make something to protect myself. Now I could make a gun to do this. Guns don't have brains however. Oh no you say, now what? Well, I could actually AIM it at the pigeon, instead of letting the gun roam free in the hope that despite it not having a brain it might do something useful.
    Now many of you seem to believe that my actual course of action shouldn't be along these lines. Instead I should make a mouse. Now the mouse is completely useless against pigeons, and I have no way to aim it. However I can let it roam free, and it will attack small pieces of cheese which may possibly at some point in the future have decided to become dangerous and attack me.

Make a better analogy next time.

Would it evoke a less pointless response?

Given it would be hypocrytical to leave it at that I might as well mention the post before mine. The Weapons were made by the planet, from the planet. They wouldn't then somehow give it any more power just by dieing.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Actually, Phoenix, my belief is more along these lines:

Say a pigeon dive-bombed your head. You don't want this to happen again, so you get butterfly-net type thing to catch the pigeons in next time one tries to dive on you.
    The next day, a big-ass tree branch breaks off of a big oak and falls towards you. How can the net help you against the big branch?

Although respect due for managing to get a well put forward arguement out of that, you do seem to be missing one thing.

Look at the Northern Crater, that's after 2000 years of healing. Meteor isn't that much bigger, if at all than the original threat.

Meteor actually is bigger than Jenova therefore it should make a bigger crater.

What I'm wondering is how that crater could have been made by meteor in the first place. Meteor requires the black materia. Plus meteor is capable of destorying the world, whereas the crator made 2000 years ago clearly left Ancients and Humans (and probably Red's ancestors) alive. So I'm guessing the impact from 2000 years ago was considerably smaller than meteor would be.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.