Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: WEAPONS

I have one matching sock PhoenixAsh's Avatar

People claim that Jenova didn't arrive on a meteor, I personally don't see how that could be possible.

Given that the weapons don't even attempt to attack meteor, scale isn't that important. However considering the length of time the planer has been healing, that is a pretty damn big crater. Meteor wouldn't be able to do much more damage without completely destroying the planet. This would (unless one of Raistlin's idea's in another thread is true) completely defeat the point.

I say what I think. If you disagree, then that is up to you.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I seem to remember someone mentioning that the Planet couldn't heal fully because of Jenova's influence. I might have simply deluded myself. I'll have to check a game script. Meh

*shrugs* It's not possible for us to scale the damage Meteor would make compared to the damage Jenova did.
    However, since Meteor is the "Ultimate Destruction Magic" or whatever, I'd have to guess that Meteor would do more damage than some alien that came along crashing into the Planet.

How do I become a knight?

The planet couldn't heal itself due to Sephiroth and Jenova blocking the path of the Holy materia. They needed to be moved or eliminated before Holy could escape.

Oh, btw, I know Holy is used to combat large dangers like Meteor, but I'm of the opinion that it's used to restore the Planet too.

Edit by Kishi: You can add to your posts with the edit button. Don't double-post.

You can judge pretty well. Blocked or not, thats a pretty big 2000 year old wound. You have to remember that after a while any impact would just destroy the planet, so meteor can't be that much more damaging.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Well, yeah, it could. Look at the size of Jenova, then look at the Crater.

Look at the ending FMV. Look at the size of Meteor. It's many many times bigger than Jenova.

thelynchpin: please don't double post.

It doesn't matter how big they are, look at the crater. Meteor can't make a much bigger hole than that or it's pointless.

Besides I'm still convinced Jenova arrived on something.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The hell it couldn't. And plus, destruction of the Planet might be Jenova's goal. *shrugs*

Also, for "Jenova arriving on something:" That's a blatant assumption when you don't need one. FF7 didn't say anything like that, not even a slight suggestion. Ifalna said Jenova "fell from the sky." Not "come down on a meteor." Something like that would have been recorded. It's MUCH easier to believe that Jenova just created the Crater herself, and requires absolutely NO assumptions based on in-game facts.

Eh, she fell from the sky. She'd have to be pretty tough to literally fall from the sky and live through it, even being an alien. Besides, if Jenova had the power to create such a large crator, isn't she a (direct) threat to the planet? You would think the Weapons would go after her.

EDIT: And no, I don't think that if she arrived on a meteor/comet/whatever that nessecarily means she herself had the power to do it. We don't know her origins beyond that she "fell from the sky," after all; for all we know, she was exiled from another planet, was put on a rock and sent flying out into outer space to whatever fate would befall her. Trying to use her arrival on a meteor/comet to reflect on her power would be pure speculation.

Master of War DelightfulSpekkio442's Avatar

She'd have to be pretty tough to literally fall from the sky and live through it, even being an alien.
    But don't people injected with Jenova cells have longer lives or something like that? If that's so, maybe Jenova is extremely resilient.

~MJE~
    "Ipso, facto, meeny moe...MAGICO!!!"

Pretty tough? She'd have to be practically invincible (which she's not), really uncoordinated (which she's not), about ten times bigger than she is (which she's not), made of solid rock (which she's not).

The game does suggest that she arrived on something through the size of the crater, and sheer logic.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Now you're arguing about physics? IT'S A DAMN GAME. If you nitpick on every single goddamn point, you're gonna be arguing forever.

Zypher: No, she wouldn't be. Unless she continuously jumped up and down from space, creating more Craters, she could not directly harm the Planet.

Well of course I'm gonna argue over that basic physics. Espescially if it's that big a plot point.

Jenova can harm the planet even if not directly, and the planet should be able to tell that.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I really think the solution in this particular case is that the game's creators didn't think through these particular plot points as much as we have here.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    I really think the solution in this particular case is that the game's creators didn't think through these particular plot points as much as we have here.
    Exactly.

I think that's the case a lot of the time, I never see the point in trying to prove what was intended by the makers. Once the games out it's open to interpretation in my opinion as long as you don't go against the games content.
    I'm just glad that this sort of thing isn't banned in here like in FFVIII.