Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where'd the funny go?

Default Where'd the funny go?

Did anybody else notice that there is not as much humour in FFX as there is in the previous FF's?

The only funny parts I can think of are:
    -At the thunder plains where Rikku is begging them to stay and they keep ignoring her and walking off.
    -Yuna: "Maybe you should stop laughing now".
    That's all I can remember but I don't think that there were many other parts that made me laugh.

FF6-9 are filled with Square humour which always cracks me up so why is there little humour in 10? Anyway feel free to post parts that made you laugh and please prove me wrong.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

There's also a funny bit outside of Dejose Temple where everyone makes fun of Yuna's hair. I think the whole game having a pretty funny/happy vibration overall, though.

Ok, the lack of replies tells me that FFX was generally unfunny compared to previous FF's. Either that or nobody could be bothered posting.

Hmmm, i didn't find most of the FFs funny, there was the odd chuckleworthy moment, but no more than in FFX. And i agree, i found FFX to be a much happier game than previous ones.

That part before the fight with Seymour Natus was quite funny, where they all run off to fight, and Auron gives this submitting 'hehehe...', then the way Kimahri's looking all "I don't believe these guys" shaking his head.

I will do this. Nothing in my life matters except this. No moment in my life exists except this moment. I am born in this moment, and if I fail, I will die in this moment.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree with Kawaii Ryukishi, It was a gentle funniness. (s/p?)

I thought FFIX was alot funnier. It was supposed to be funny I think because Zidane was in it, and we all know what a pervert he is! ^.^ *remembers "Ooo Soft."

LMAO! RikkuYuna I so remember Zidanes pervertness and I cracked up every time he said something along his normal lines....foo..makes me wanna go play it
    Signature removed for exceeding the signature limits, which are clearly posted to the direct left of the signature field.

FFX had a much drier sense of humor, it seemed.

Choice line:

Auron: "I hear you were quite the crybaby."

That is one of my all-time favorite lines in any FF.

Plus it would have been a bit out of place in a story about imminent death and father/son relationships to have just broad, slapsticky comedy. The darker touch to the humor was great. Made the whole thing a little more credible. (I'm replaying FF5 and forgot how much I hate the whole bug-eyed jumping-in-astonishment stuff that permeated the SNES-era games).

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kimahri - "Save some for Kimahri!" (Best quote from the game, yup)

Wakka's dopey insults "Those.. sand blasted.. GREASE MONKEYS!" or "Dissappear on us eh? Rotten sonofa Shoopuff!"

And when Rikku was freakin out on the thunderplains, that was good too.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lol "Your moms would be ashamed of you!" ^.^

I think Wakka, Rikku, Auron, and Tidus brought in the humor. Half the times Yuna ruined the humor. In the beggining she was good but then she was kinda depressing.

oh, look at me I'm Yuna sensative whiny girlfriend of crybaby Brittany Spears...I mean...Tidus O.o

I had this odd feeling throughout the game that Auron didn't seem to say anything to what he actually wanted to say lol I'm sure he is just a perved old man...
    Signature removed for exceeding the signature limits, which are clearly posted to the direct left of the signature field.

I found that alot of the things they said at the beginning of battle were funny, either that or they were kinda tacky,er corny...:fd:

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lol yup!

*Tidus Voice* "Don't break a bone old man!"

*Auron Voice* "Hmp."

Yeah the things Yuna says in Omega ruins during battles are really annoying thought. Its like...

*Yuna Voice* *Pants* "I'm Here!"

i found it funny when wakka cracked luzzu at the end of mushroom rock road and the way he always use to bully tidus n get him in headlocks etc
    [IMG]
    Which Final Fantasy 8 Character Are You? You are Seifer! You're a bad-boy (or bad-girl) loner whose
    cool, surly image can be very intriguing to the opposite sex.
    Deep down, you feel really screwed by the world in general.
    It's like no one understands who you really are. Even you.

Take the Final Fantasy 8 Test here!
    [/IMG]

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lol yeah like... "Hold you chocobos!" *headlocks*