Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wishes Beatrix played more of an intricant role in the game.

Default Who wishes Beatrix played more of an intricant role in the game.

I always thought Beatrix was the coolest character in the game. And I wished that they would have made her one of the main characters.

Or at least have more of a prominant role instead of just spot duty in a few scenes like she was.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

She already seems quite prominent to me, being the focus of quite a few scenes throughout Discs 2 and 3. She's an incredibly cool supporting character, yes, but I'd hate for her to be a main character. 'Twould be spreading what little character she's got far too thin.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

yea. If she were a main character then nobody would talk about how cool she is and how they wish they could play as her. Besides, it's not like Steiner isn't a good enough swordsman for your party.

I guess I'm going a little over the edge by saying this, but then I want you guys to know that I understand this game is set in a fantastical world. It is great to see a swordsman of incredible powers. No doubt if you had the chance to level her up she could surpass even Steiner, and who knows what her abilities would be.

But think about it in the long run, what story could there be for Beatrix if she was to tag along your party of 8? Yes she is a guardian for Garnet, and yes she was on the wrong side of the force in disk 2, but all she probably would do is carry out orders and give her warnings about entering dangerous areas. For Steiner, there was a little bigger storyline because not only is he ignorant about the truth (which is a good thing to develop in a story), he has the nature to be wrong as well. Beatrix would probably be the ultimate character, and I think she would tip the balance in the game far too much into her favor, plus a dull storyline (but this is only from my personal analysis). She should have been beaten by Zidane in the third fight, at least develop her nature a little by showing her a little humility.

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Something I never really understood is why Beatrix is so sure of herself in battle and always wins against your party, and yet she seems to be taxed overly by battling the Mistodons with Steiner.

I guess that Climhazzard just took the power out of her.

this is me on the left and to the right is my partner we love each other very much

That's true,

I guess what they could have done is they could have cut Freya from the entire game and added Beatrix into the group. (As Freya seemed very uninteresting to me in the game. Mainly because I didn't even know what the devil she even was.)

Then using the space for that extra character they could add in a little story to tell about Beatrix.

Who knows.

What is the cherry? What? Timbit's Avatar

If Beatrix replaced Freya, not only would you be replacing one of the coolest characters in the game, but then you would have 2 swordsman with exactly the same attacks. Plus, you can't really give Beatrix new weapons, because she keeps the Save The Queen because she is the royal guardian of Garnet.
    It's funny because it's poisonous!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Plus removing Freya would kinda make the Cleyra/Burmecia thing less interesting.

The role Beatrix played was just fine.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Removing Freya would mean, among other things, removing the Cleyra Riverdance, which would in itself be simply inexcusable.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't suppose Sir Fratley was named after Michael Flatley.

Beatrix would have been too strong compared to the rest of the party...

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Originally posted by eestlinc
    I don't suppose Sir Fratley was named after Michael Flatley.
    Oh my.

Lol...anyway, I do wish Beatrix got a larger role!! She was just 'cool'...

beatrix is awesome. she is, not to mention, uber sexy. i think she should replace steiner. no....replace zidane for all i care. BEATRIX IS TEH CUULEST
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket