Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better to Preorder FFOrigins, or just buy it???

Default Better to Preorder FFOrigins, or just buy it???

So, which is the better route to go about purchasing FF Origins?? Seeing as PSX games are getting harder to find these days, is it better to preorder?? The people at Gamestop know very little about FF Origins, yet know about Gamecabe and X-box games being released into next year. So I'm a little concerned.

Thanks!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

well look at it this way, if the people working at the store know nothing about it, chances are the average gamer won't know anything about it either. This means chances are good it'll be hanging around shelves. On the other hand, it might be one of those deals like Blood Omen where anyone who knows about it already has their copy, and the stores didn't think it'd sell well enough to order more. I'd personally pre-order if I were you. Remember, it's only gonna set you back about $30, so it's not like waiting for a used copy is gonna save you 30 or maybe even 40 bucks.

You can find the remade Wonderswan Color roms online. Plus, they're free. They lack the new movies, but who gives a crap.

WSC has some really asslacious music though. PSX has all of the sounds and music remade for the better.

Angry To many battles

I recently got ff origins and was very frustrated about the TONS of battles that you have to but up in ff1.....

you cant go far before the next battle begins....... Its a wonderful game indeed but far too many battles I think!!!

if you can think of a better way to raise the exp and gil necessary to get anywhere in the game, I'd like to hear it.

Anyway, a note to anyone still wondering if they should pre-order or not....

I pre-ordered my copy from the local EB Games store, and asked if they'd been getting a lot of pre-orders for it. They said they'd been getting enough to ensure that once it's gone, it's gone. If you're not pre-odering, I'd suggest either camping out on release day, or preparing yourself to be searching used bins for a LONG time. You'll probably have around the same amount of luck finding it as you will Final Fantasy Tactics or Castlevania SotN. Then again, I found both of those there for reasonable prices...

Well, I believe my local Gamestop is having people reserving copies for people. I'll look into that tomorrow. If not, I'm definitely pre-ordering. One way or another, I will own this.

i'm planning to hit the nearest walmart supercenter at midnight when the street date happens
    My Homepage
    FF games beaten:

I (NES version and PSX version)
    VI (SNES version)
    IX (PSX version)

Game working on:
    FF Tactics (PSX version)
    FF I psx import -- just beat it at LV 51 on easy mode; now working on FI/FI/FI/RM in hard mode)

Which Final Fantasy One Enemy am I?

You Are CHAOS; You are the supreme evil reigning in the land. You are large, in charge, and made all-powerful through a very confusing time-loop thing. Hidden in the past, you destroy the future from within, and a single battle with you could determine the fate of the planet...
    Which Final Fantasy One Enemy are You?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

I preordered because there aren't any good gaming stores around here. Some sites offer discounts on the price of the game so that the game + shipping = the cost of the game in the store anyways. Plus I wanted it as soon as possible. I got it from Gamestop.

Grin hahaha....lol

we in europe and sweden have allready got ff origns...... this time you in the states have to wait longer than us and it feels soooooo goood!!!!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Europe AND Sweden? When I last looked, Sweden was in Europe

Yeah, it does feel sooooooo good!

You Europeans are mean! Must you ALWAYS flaunt your superiority?

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Heh, I promised myself no more RPG's for a while, but I can't pass this up. I have lots of good gaming stores and electronic stores where I live, so I'll just wait until it comes out.

well i changed my mind today, due in part my work schedule changed; i'm working the day shift starting next friday (i was working nights since october), and it will make running to the walmart supercenter at midnight out of the question (i'm gonna be tired). Instead, I preordered the game at gamestop today, and will pick it up on the 8th at my convenience (at least I'm off on the 8th, to say the least).
    My Homepage
    FF games beaten:

I (NES version and PSX version)
    VI (SNES version)
    IX (PSX version)

Game working on:
    FF Tactics (PSX version)
    FF I psx import -- just beat it at LV 51 on easy mode; now working on FI/FI/FI/RM in hard mode)

Which Final Fantasy One Enemy am I?

You Are CHAOS; You are the supreme evil reigning in the land. You are large, in charge, and made all-powerful through a very confusing time-loop thing. Hidden in the past, you destroy the future from within, and a single battle with you could determine the fate of the planet...
    Which Final Fantasy One Enemy are You?

I buyed it on the 5th of April the grafics were better then the first 2 games came out it's worth it.

RED MAGES RULE!!!!!!!

Dono Arigato Macwere San for the sweat signature and avatar