Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FFX-3!!! WHAT?!?! It's actually possible?!

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

FFX-3!!! WHAT?!?! It's actually possible?!

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/389/389967p1.html

It seems like they're branching FFX off into a new series.

The artical says:
    March 19, 2003 - According to the UK online trade journal Indie Magazine, Square Co. Ltd, in the wake of its extradorinary sales of Final Fantasy X-2, is planning a sequel temporarily called Final Fantasy X-3, IGN learned today.
    SquareSoft was unavailable for comment at the time this story was posted.

The recently released Final Fantasy X-2 has been an enormous success, selling a whopping 1.2 million copies in the first day, according to Square Co. Ltd. This is two-thirds of Square's initial shipment of 1.8 million units, an almost ludicrous amount in itself. What's a company to do when its game sells so fast the store counters are still a little warm? Create a sequel, of course.

While no official comment has been made, Square has stated that a sequel, tentatively titled Final Fantasy X-3, is underway for PlayStation 2, according Indie Magazine. More than likely the game will not see release in Japan until next year at the earliest.

To announce a sequel less than a week after a game's launch is not unheard of, but who would've thought Square would develop another sequel for Final Fantasy X. No other details are known about the game, but there were obscure rumors floating around about a game telling Rikku's story, and also of a game that took place six months after the events in Final Fantasy X-2.

Be sure to check back with IGN for more news as it develops.
    Because they did so well with the sales of FFX-2 so far, They're thinking about making another one.
    Cool and Freaky at the same time. It's very possible, though, making money is the goal of any business. And if they're making a lot of money off one sequel, why not make others.:rolleyes2

Without knowing the full storyline behind FFX-2, I can't make any prediction about what FFX-3 might be about.
    We'll just have to wait and see...
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Ok NOW they might be going to far....I mean a sequal for the sequal...geez are there any video game trilogies?? :fd:
    *tries to think of some*
    *can't*
    *dies*

EDIT: That is a very interesting theory KimmY, and I think it would work actually...)
    *also agrees wth Shivablizzard8*
    Last edited by Moomba Misstress; 03-21-2003 at 12:08 AM.

Oooooohhhhhh! Maybe FFX-3 would be... -Fades into a dream-

(SPOILER)Yuna and Tidus have a baby... (This is the future so their child is grown up) with Lulu and Wakka's baby... and the two kids are grown up (I said that already...) ...and they have their own adventure!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I even think thats too far. It's like what can they talk about...?

Paine: Yuna last time it was your story... now it's my story! (@_@ Cheesy!)

(Al bhed friends makes her wear yunalesca type clothing to make her "disguised")

I mean really. I'd like to see what becomes of yuna after ffx-2 though...

I think they need to let Final Fantasy X rest and go back to FFVII and make it a sequel or remake for PS2.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah I agree. I'd like to see a remake of FFIX. How the storyline ended i think is good for sequalizing (if that's a word)

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

From the description of FFX-3, I'm not as surprised by this rumor as I thought I would be. Do you guys remember back when the first news of a possible sequel to FFX came out? The word then was that Square was developing TWO games, then titled simpley "Yuna" and "Rikku." At the time, many of us thought that this meant there would be two versions of the same game, one with Yuna as the main character, and one with Rikku. However, when better news came out about FFX-2, we thought Square had trashed this "version" idea in favor of making one game. Perhaps we just misunderstood - Rikku's game would be the third sequel, to be made if X-2 was successful. Just a thought.
    Although personally, I'd rather hear some news about FF12. :rolleyes2

great!, now we have 1 year before Japan gets it, and about 8 months untill we get FFX-2!!!, so while im playing ffx-2 they will have x-3 :grr:

*shakes head* hell i dunno what to say. i'll keep buying them i guess.
    How I mine for fish!?

Which FF Character Are You?

a X-2 sequal, i dont know what to say, i havent played X-2 yet and New Zealand has still got a long time to wait

but sequal to FF7 now i think thats a great idea

I wouldnt mind seeing an ffx3, but i dont see why they wouldnt just release it as a big 3 disc game, but I dont have an opinion yet considering I have not played FFX2 yet

-Hopes this thread isn't going to end up like the "is outraged" thread......- :sweatdrop

Must change name: NikoKun Tidus Andronicus's Avatar

It better not, I think this is a good turn of events.
    Wii Friends Code: 1253-3744-4913-5203
    AKA: NikoKun

Wait... I know what FFX-3 would be like...

(SPOILER)Lulu and Wakka would die from some kind of... thing..... and Yuna and Tidus would have to take care of baby-Wakka-Lulu... and Tidus wouldn't be careful and drop the baby in some kind of chemicals... and the baby would grow up to look like Kimarhi..... and.... -goes away to think some more-

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lol Imagine if in FFX-3, It's Tidus' story again and there looking for yuna who is hidden under some underground lab in kilika .... @_@