Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FF origins, Should I get it?

Default Re: FF origins, Should I get it?

Originally posted by twobitmage
    I vaguely remember a topic named this but I cant find it....well I think the topic title kind of explains it all, Should I Buy the games?
    a simple question, a simple answer
    YES
    忘れないように。。。

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

not only should you buy it, you should go pre-order 10 copies right now! Play one, look at another one, and never EVER take the other 8 out of their packaging!

Originally posted by DJzen
    not only should you buy it, you should go pre-order 10 copies right now! Play one, look at another one, and never EVER take the other 8 out of their packaging!
    and this would cost me a grand total of...300 bucks! another playstation 2!
    One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away-Miyamoto Musashi

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Either you took me too seriously or I took you too seriously. Either way, one of us needs to be more clear when making a joke...

yeah! get it. I got it for £19.99 plus 10% knock off (my sister works in that shop)

Dono Arigato Macwere San for the sweat signature and avatar

Buy it. But yeah it was releaesd on the 8th but i had my mom go to wal mart on the 9th to seeif it was there, it wasn't. I had it pre ordered anyway cause i'm an addicit.
    How I mine for fish!?

Which FF Character Are You?

Origins is the best and truest version of FF1 and FF2

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

After 16 years he finally has an answer!

I prefer the playing on my NES, but Origens isn't bad.

*blush* I forgot I was reading so far back....

Hey, I come from the future from way beyond, and you should wait for FFI & FF2 PSP. What's a PSP ? You'll eventually find out.

Sure, just realize you're going to find out why FF2 was never released overseas on the NES. It wasn't that BS line about it being too similar to the first game. Who could possibly reasonably think that? The difference is an order of magnitude greater than most game sequels. No, the obvious real reason is that it's terrible, but FF is decent, so not to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    Sure, just realize you're going to find out why FF2 was never released overseas on the NES. It wasn't that BS line about it being too similar to the first game. Who could possibly reasonably think that? The difference is an order of magnitude greater than most game sequels. No, the obvious real reason is that it's terrible, but FF is decent, so not to worry.
    Final Fantasy II is definitely not terrible. It has a reasonable growth systems that actually makes sense. Use a sword get better at it.. use Fire magic you become more proficient casting said magic... nothing wrong here. If one finds it tedious there is always select and cancel for some versions. Don't want to get to op'd from select and cancel.. simple don't over do select and cancel just perform it enough to become as strong as you need to be. The game has wonderful replay value too because you can teach characters different spells on each playthrough to make it feel ever so slightly different each time. The story is great too and the ost is lovely.

Why do you like FF1 so much? It has more programming mishaps and bugs than ALL other FF's. The INT stat bug and glitched weapon data and effect data bugs are the most apparent issues with FF1. Those issues persisted even in FF Origins to some degree specifically the INT stat bug.

Attack your teammates, gain HP. Yep, perfect sense. I would not say I love the first game that much. I just really dislike the second one. There are other games that implement growth through use systems that I'm perfectly fine with. Secret of Mana, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Golbez View Post
    Attack your teammates, gain HP. Yep, perfect sense. I would not say I love the first game that much. I just really dislike the second one. There are other games that implement growth through use systems that I'm perfectly fine with. Secret of Mana, for example.

It actually makes logical sense. IRL when one gets injured ie a broken bone or deep gash the body heals itself over time. The resulting scar tissue or refused bone ends up being stronger and more efficiently reinforced and/or strengthened. No pain.. no gain. Secret of Mana's isn't that different you gain incremental experience for every action you take it just happens at a faster rate. and you can't gain power from attacking yourself. Masochism can strengthen the body.. I should know.

The faster rate is pretty important. If it were done at an appropriate rate in FF2, there wouldn't really be a significant incentive to spend a bunch of time beating yourself up. Unfortunately, there is.