Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FF origins, Should I get it?

Default FF origins, Should I get it?

I vaguely remember a topic named this but I cant find it....well I think the topic title kind of explains it all, Should I Buy the games?
    One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away-Miyamoto Musashi

Yes, you should. Experience the true glory that is FF1.

Seriously, at $30, it's a great deal.

Oh and another thing, The review came out in egm magazine, for ff origins (it did pretty well btw), but alot of people are saying it comes out on april 8th, is something amiss here?
    One should know real emptiness as the state where there is no obscurity and the clouds of confusion have cleared away-Miyamoto Musashi

The gaming magazines tend to get the game sooner than the average gamer, I believe. Yes I saw the review, I would've given it a 10 myself. But meh. Yeah, it's available Apr. 8th.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Magazines get advance copies so they can review the game before anyone can play it. Think of it as advertising. In fact, most magazines get unfinished copies of games, mostly for the top draw games such as whichever Final Fantasy or wrestling game is coming up next. I can see why FFO wouldn't get the top ranking, it not have pr3ty 3D gRaFiX0r! Though I'd personally pay money to watch the new-shool FFers see "ineffective" for the first time

Man, I used to hate INEFFECTIVE, but now I've grown to love it, too bad it's not in the newer games.

You should most definately think about getting this game.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

You should definitely get it. FF1 is one of the best games of all time, and FF2 would probably be good if I could get used to the battle system. If it's only $30 like Mr. Graves said, then that's even better.

If you entered the contest, you might have gotten it free. Square seems to be holding off on announcing the winners.....

Originally posted by DJzen
    If you entered the contest, you might have gotten it free. Square seems to be holding off on announcing the winners.....
    Heh actually I did, *crosses fingers*

the street date is April 8, thus it isn't in stores yet

however, the game is out in japan and EU if you can't wait and want to import it. I paid good money (~$60 USD) to import FF1 back in december and it was worth every cent of it.
    My Homepage
    FF games beaten:

I (NES version and PSX version)
    VI (SNES version)
    IX (PSX version)

Game working on:
    FF Tactics (PSX version)
    FF I psx import -- just beat it at LV 51 on easy mode; now working on FI/FI/FI/RM in hard mode)

Which Final Fantasy One Enemy am I?

You Are CHAOS; You are the supreme evil reigning in the land. You are large, in charge, and made all-powerful through a very confusing time-loop thing. Hidden in the past, you destroy the future from within, and a single battle with you could determine the fate of the planet...
    Which Final Fantasy One Enemy are You?

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was under the impression they removed the ineffective problem. anyway, I should be getting my copy in the mail shortly after apr 8th.

Problem? PROBLEM!??!?!?! Why you.....

It's still in the game, but you have the option of turning it off. I hope it defaults to auto targetting off though, so teh n00bs can get that lovely message thrown in their face.

Actually, once you get used to it, not having auto targetting isn't that bad. It makes you economize your damage somewhat so you won't waste attacks. For example, you know that X monster has let's say 500 HP. In one round of damage you do about 490 HP of damage to it. On the next turn, you're probably gonna make your fighter attack someone else since he does a lot more than 10 HP damage and you can't afford to get an ineffective for his attack. I wound up just using this strategy when I played the FF1WSC rom even with auto target turned on.

I found playing old school rpgs greatly improved my skills in other rpgs, Many newer games are easy in comparisn

Hey guys I'm new. FF Origins has come out here in the UK and I'd strongly suggest your purchase. There are two sweet intros for both titles and some fine Yoshitaka Amano cards as a bonus.

I've had it for like 3 weeks now, downloaded it for educational purposes It's super good, you guys should definitely get it when it comes out, the graphics are super good, I can't wait to beat Zelda so I can finish beating FF1